Notices

Whiners Anonymous Part 15

Old 11-02-2008, 04:47 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  
cmc

Here's a little bit of info about this group that I've copied from a previous post by our founder, friend and fellow whiner Rusty Zipper. Thanks RZ.

Whiners Anonymous Help (WAH!)

Do you whine, complain, or snivel? Are you a grumpy old fart?
Do you seek out others in taverns or internet chat rooms to whine about things?
Do people ever tell you to "like it or lump it"?
Are you asked, "What are you crying about?"
Do friends or family seem less likely to talk to you as the years go by?
Do you constantly tell other people they whine too much?

If you do any of these things, you may be in need of the WAH! 12 step program.
Whining is for tiny tots! Do you want to die a lonely old man/woman and whine about the prospect?
Stop whining now!

W.A. Disclaimer
The WAH! 12 Step Program:

1. Admit you whine.

Just say, "I am a whiner."

2. Admit your whining is a problem.

It's not enough to know you whine--you have to realize it interferes with your life. Tell yourself, your spouse, and a friend that you have a problem with whining, that all you have ever done is whine. But don't whine to God! He already knows, all too well. God just sat back while you whined away the years. It's not His fault, after all, so don't go whining to Him with your problem.

3. Seek help to cure your whining.

Whining is but one of your many shortcomings, since you are a miserable excuse for a human being. Another shortcoming is you can't do anything for yourself, otherwise you would not whine. Go whine to somebody to help you--that's all you know how to do, remember?

4. Laugh at your whine.

Made a decision to turn your constant whining over to your sense of humor and learn to "lovingly and wholeheartedly" laugh at yourself each time you whine. Be prepared to be given the nickname "Loony Tunes," however.

5. Step out of your shoes.

Put your whine in perspective. There's a woman in Africa living in a mud hut with a grass roof and NO indoor plumbing. She lives off of $27 a year. She is totally blind and collects sticks for firewood, hoping the next stick isn't a snake. Now, what was your whine again?

6. Eat something nasty.

Eat some vegetable you hate without whining about the taste. And don't hold your nose or cover it with cheese!

7. Listen to other whiners.

Get a part job in a complaint department and listen to other peoples' whines 8 hours a day. But don't complain about your job! If you do, go back to step 3. Go a whole week listening to your wife/husband complain and just say "yes dear." If you can't, go back to step 2. Have kids and listen to them whine--that's how you sound to others. Pay back time! What goes around, comes around!

8. Make a victim list.

Make of list of all persons you thought you had harmed and hope to hell that they'd forgotten all the minuscule crap you'd blown out of proportion. Ask them if you ever whined, and then be prepared to take the return whine.

9. Beat the crap out of your parents.

After all, they raised a whiner. Yes, you started early, but it is not your fault!

10. Beware of falling off the wagon.

Resign yourself to the fact you are going to whine each time you try to stick to your guns when you know you are right. Once a whiner, always a whiner, they say. So either just admit your are wrong or go back to step 1. Cripes, you mean you really want to go back to step 1 after getting to step 10?

11. Whine to your dog.

They love you no matter how much you whine. It's called unconditional love. Unless of course they sense your foul mood. Disguise your whine by mixing the words "good dog" in every sentence. They only know so many words--those two they know. Otherwise, your dog would hate you like all the people you know.

12. Help others.

Help some other whiney-assed ******* with his whine problem. You get to whine about their whining. It's great.

so have at it!

whine, snivle, rant, bitch, and rave away!!!

"W.A. Disclaimer"... just be prepared for the feedback!
Old 11-02-2008, 05:07 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  

"I'm bored out of my gord, so I took a hammer and nailed my foot the the floorboard of my Ford..."

That's pretty bored DK - ouch!!

Thanks CMC for that bit from RZ, our founder. He has a way with words our RZ!!
Old 11-02-2008, 07:02 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  

C
by our founder, friend and fellow whiner Rusty Zipper. Thanks RZ

least, someone had a plumber with the ass crack around here the other day...

DK, did paint that moustache on charles?

S
He has a way with words our RZ!!
Old 11-02-2008, 07:03 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Nope! She came that way.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:23 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Originally Posted by SelfSeeking View Post
Sounds exactly how the first week-ish of SSRI feels to me. Flat, and kinda like moving through wet concrete? Kinda like that?
Yeah... plus the pot burnout is a similar feeling, and I've got both goin' on. I'm feelin' a little bit better though, singin's bringing me back to life a bit.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:37 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

It's Monday....doesn't that cover just about everything !

Old 11-03-2008, 05:03 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  

My dog NEVER decides to sit in my lap and cuddle in the evenings or on weekends!....it's always when I'm trying to keep moving to get ready for work! :wtf2

(aw but she is so cute!):ghug3
Old 11-03-2008, 06:15 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

When I'm in the depths of depression I do myself harm. Two weeks ago I was so depressed I cancelled my counseling appts. Now I want to talk with my counselor but can't get an appt for several weeks.

I am often my own worst enemy.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:41 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Hello there Whiners
If I'd posted on here this morning, I would have had a whine cos I felt really fed up.
Feeling better now so I don't have a whine..oh No!!!!

Old 11-03-2008, 09:01 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

This is less a whine than an "oh sh!t" storm. Ck just asked me to send her "bed bar" (a heavy metal rod) to her as there was a reported rape at her college. Just great. As if I needed more to worry about. I am sending it to her, along with a twelve inch landscape nail for her roommate and two railroad spikes to carry with them on campus.

So now I have to think of THAT every night as I go to sleep and during the day as I go about my business.

Thinking about getting her some Mace or Pepper spray too.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:01 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

My whine du jour is that there's still another day until this dad-blasted election is "history". I'm so glad mine was absentee ballot...I never would have been able to wait out those lines!!!

Now, that's a frightening thought!!!
Old 11-03-2008, 11:06 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Wow....

Lot has happened...whew!

DK..what a beautiful kitty kat...precious.

Hugs to Least and Amy...

Espress.. Jo..how do you get out of funk so fast?

Anyhow..

Hi Gang.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:08 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
:codiepolice

And thanks Rusty and Ann for making me spit my coffee out this morning!!!

I needed that. :
Old 11-03-2008, 12:18 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Sorry but gotta WHINE today!!!! My phone wont stop ringing with all these polititions calling me HARASSING ME trying to get my vote. The calls started at 6pm on a SUNDAY and have not stopped. So now I have a notepad and pen and who ever calls me goes on the list and I will NOT be voting for them. Its a shame too cause a few of them I was gonna vote for but not now!!! Carry on
Old 11-03-2008, 12:20 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Now that is what I call keeping it simple KJ !!!!!!

Wish I could do that...I'm still driving myself nuts..
Old 11-03-2008, 12:49 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kj0975 View Post
Sorry but gotta WHINE today!!!! My phone wont stop ringing with all these polititions calling me HARASSING ME trying to get my vote. The calls started at 6pm on a SUNDAY and have not stopped. So now I have a notepad and pen and who ever calls me goes on the list and I will NOT be voting for them. Its a shame too cause a few of them I was gonna vote for but not now!!! Carry on
I considered volunteering at a calling center today. After reading this, I'm glad I dodged it.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:57 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Self I thank you for not calling me :ghug3
Old 11-03-2008, 12:59 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Np! hahha... actually I very well might have called you if I'd done it, you're in a neighboring state!!
Old 11-03-2008, 01:19 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  

One more whine......... I was finally forced to take action against the harassing phone calls!!!!! I switched to dial up instead of DSL on my computer. One more day of this crap ARGH!!!!
Old 11-03-2008, 01:38 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by IO Storm View Post
Wow...
Espress.. Jo..how do you get out of funk so fast?
Hi Gang.
Well, it's amazing really cos I really felt down and was not looking forward to an appointment I had this afternoon. So, I thought let's be open minded, like my program suggests. Well the "appointment" wasn't worth bothering with, but somehow it gave me a different perspective on things; probably took the "me" out of "me".
On the other hand I've had a banana and they always seem to lift my mood - must be the potassium!!!
:ghug2