SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Whiners Anonymous Part 15 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/159997-whiners-anonymous-part-15-a.html)

Anna 10-18-2008 08:00 AM

Whiners Anonymous Part 15

Here's the last part:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-14-a-20.html

least 10-18-2008 08:29 AM

Ooh ooh!! I get to be first to post in the new improved WA!!

Guess I'd better think up a new and improved whine! Guess it will have to be turning into the Mean Mother in taking daughter's cell service away. Waaaahhhhh!!

Ananda 10-18-2008 08:32 AM

http://i308.photobucket.com/albums/k...8/cd134848.jpg:atv

Ananda 10-18-2008 08:55 AM

my appolgoies to the men in advance...don't know how to change the graphics to say love instead of men...then again...not sure it's necessary :(

http://i308.photobucket.com/albums/k...58/mensuck.jpg

enough said

Bamboozle 10-18-2008 11:55 AM

I'm a buffoon...

...For once, it's not the world this time...

scaredykat 10-18-2008 12:12 PM

My whine- My arm is getting real bad again and my good arm and hand has something wrong with it now. Hard to type. Have a Dr's apt next Fri. :(

least 10-18-2008 01:10 PM

My sobriety is not in peril here, but this is turning out to be a Very Bad Day! Very depressing. VERY depressing. College kid throwing a fit about paying me for her phone service, and now youngest called me for a ride, as she often does, and lambasted me the whole time in the car!!:a043:

Youngest kid was the reason for my 'meltdown' a few weeks ago. She's "not ready" to move back home yet, but is always ready to call me day or night for money or rides. I am so sick of it all I'm not able to stop bawling like a big baby. I don't care either if I'm a big baby. She has the skewed vision of a 16 yr old and the attitude (along with college kid) that the world (read: 'me') owes her something. She's even building up a great relationship with her dad, mostly cause he has money and doesn't live with her ungrateful demanding ass and "loves her more than I do".:a043:

I ought to just call her bluff and tell her that I'M not ready to live with HER until she can adjust her hateful demanding attitude.

Thank God for my dogs!! At least SOMEONE loves me just the way I am! I am crying so bad I can hardly see to type, but at least typing is something I do well, if not mothering snotty demanding hateful greedy kids!

This is how I feel right now:a043:

joinedintime 10-18-2008 01:19 PM

Least, not knowing much more of the history here than a few of your posts on the topic, I must say this because I know and like you as a good person.

Why do you put up with this from your children? Many of us are trying to clean up the mess that our drunk/user selves created, but letting them treat you this way isn't doing them or you any favors.

least 10-18-2008 01:26 PM

I guess because I feel like sh!t and to be treated that way just reinforces what I always knew: that I'm worthless and that no one gives a good sh!t. I'm trying to set boundaries but they run roughshod over the lines I draw in the sand. I'm ready to tell them all to stay the f*ck away from me and call your f*cking dad if you want anything. Too bad if he lives 30 miles away.

All my efforts are for naught, except for my sobriety. Everything else is in the toilet and I just don't care. I JUST DON'T GIVE A SH!T. My life stinks and I wouldn't care if it ended right now - I'd only be concerned for the welfare of my dogs. At least they don't cuss me out while I'm doing them favors.

I"m not 'letting' them treat me like dirt, they just do. WHen youngest calls me for 'whatever' I don't answer my phone, then I get a cussing out on my voice mail!!! I would gladly let her walk her ass all over town instead of giving her rides, then I think how my life would be even worse should something happen to her while walking home in the dark. So for my own peace of mind I give her a ride for her own safety. THis is not from any great maternal love, but only cause I couldn't live with the guilt if anything happened to her. I'm almost as cold hearted as she is!

joinedintime 10-18-2008 02:47 PM

Least, I know it's not easy keeping them on their side of the boundary. It's easier to keep the dogs within boundaries, huh. Hey, have you thought of those electronic collars for your daughters?

If the PC police are monitoring - I was jusssssssssssssst kidding.

Did I ever tell you we have about 240 pounds of dog at our house?

And there there are only 2 of them?

We have a Great Dane and he's around 150 pounds. His head is taller than a table or a counter but he won't take any food off of it. We trained him that way about food as a pup knowing it would be impossible to live with him if he wasn't trained.

The other is a Lab/Pit mix and he's close to 90 pounds.

If you looked up gentle giant it could have a picture of the Dane there. The Pit mix however is a different story...he's the guard dog. He's great and really smart, but we have to really control him.

least 10-18-2008 03:11 PM

I should just stay away from them altogether. Less love, maybe, but less hurt. I'm tired of pain.

Jersey Nonny 10-18-2008 04:06 PM

http://www.internetbumperstickers.co...1/la_de_da.gif

Has anyone ever told you Whiners you talk too much? If not, let me be the first YOU TALK TOO MUCH!!! And, I can't keep up!!!

Part 14 was started a little over two weeks ago...I said "Good Night" about 24 hours ago...looked for the thread... http://i308.photobucket.com/albums/k...8/cd134848.jpg (thanks Ananda) it is now Part 15!!! SHEESH!!!

My whine is that I just talked to my daughter...she's looking for another job, because the one she started a few months ago didn't turn out to be what she was promised...my granddaughter's job was phased out, and they laid her off last Friday!!! She's planning on being married in April.

I'm sure everything will work out...but, I hate when the old stuff hits the fan just before the holidays...puts everyone down in the dumps, if they aren't there already.

Carry on Whiners...

least 10-18-2008 05:48 PM

With the passage of some time today's not feeling as awful as it was earlier. I took the dogs - all three - for a nice walk in the cold fall air. The leaves smell good being crunched underfoot. When my diabetic dog could still see last fall he was hilariously funny chasing the leaves. Now he still tries, based on hearing them rustle.

But my foul mood lifted some as I got further from it, and being out with the dogs is always a good thing for me.

And thru this horrible day I never thought about drinking. It didn't enter my mind except to promise myself not to pick up. So I'm getting a lot better at staying sober.

:ghug

Rusty Zipper 10-18-2008 06:39 PM

least

Ooh ooh!! I get to be first to post in the new improved WA!!
congratulations least! :a122:

Bam, back in the early sixtys, i was in a band called...

School For Bufoons!!!

and at the age of 48, i got my diploma!

then i surrendered!

jerz, get the fingers move'n faster!

Ananda 10-18-2008 06:49 PM

hey least...who needs a man...I have a dog!!!!
:lmao

ok ok i know im outta control today!!!!

Latte 10-18-2008 08:51 PM

Some days my dog is the only one who understands me. I'm okay with that.

I'm going to go drink the rest of my husbands Coke Zero, he acted like a poop today. Revenge is a cola best served cold. :bounce

Hope 10-18-2008 09:05 PM

LOL, nands that is too funny!!!

And yeah, I'm gettin' a dog too!!

I'm avoiding the whole relationship thing for a while.........

An LS brigade member

mxchaos 10-19-2008 01:51 AM

I can't wait two weeks to find out if I got the trailer. I wanna know now.

Rusty Zipper 10-19-2008 04:24 AM

Grant! Now!

parentrecovers 10-19-2008 06:52 AM

have a cold.
daughter wrote a bad check for her dui fines so her problems magnify.
my new job is stressful.
my mom and mom-in-law are asking about our holiday travel plans already.
our investment accounts are tanked.

ha! how pitiful!

:a043: