Notices

_Doll’s Damn-Near Daily Ditty_

Old 08-13-2008, 05:00 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Jen,

Remeron is very closely related to melatonin.

You might consider taking your sleep meds much earlier in the evening so that they wear off by morning.

Trazadone has worked very well for me for years, but I must take it by 7pm or so and it doesn't knock me out, it just keeps me asleep, which I need, but if I take it at 10 or so, it is guaranteed that I will be too groggy to get up at a decent time.

Remeron is expensive and when I told pdoc I couldn't afford that, she did tell me just to get melatonin. The only thing I don't like about that is the dream states it produces in me, so I am back to trazadone. It took me a while to get adjusted to it too!

For me, I have to give things a chance for a month to let it settle in and the side effects subside.

But, there are some of course, that I know right away are not good for me.

Good luck.

But yeah, right now my best suggestion from experience is to take the med hours earlier than you have been and see it that makes a difference.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:45 AM
  # 402 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Thanks Tena! I'm scratching my head, why didn't I think of that? Seriously, last night I took it at 10 and I was a zombie this morning. I'm going to take it way early. Tonight, may be around 8 or 9 and see what happens.

Luckily there is a generic for Remeron so I can get it at WalMart for $4 a month.

Last night at IOP tonight.
C's out of town.
Friday night, I'll get to a meeting.
I think.
I'm still zombie-ish right now.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:44 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

The best white freestyle rapper since eminem -- and a friend of mine.
YouTube - MC McRapsalot

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LEPGgICRLoQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LEPGgICRLoQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 08-18-2008, 11:23 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Please see my post here: http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ed-advice.html

__________________________________________________ ____
I've got a list of goals. I'm taking it slow.
1. Get to bed by 11 or 11:30
2. DO NOT be late for work
3. Go to aftercare Tuesday evening
4. Go to Wednesday night meeting
5. Workout: at least 20 minutes of cardio 3 days a week
Old 08-19-2008, 07:25 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Originally Posted by PaperDolls View Post

Monday morning - to work on time
Monday evening - to bet early
Tuesday morning - to work on time

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tonight is aftercare then a visit at the hospital. May be a workout.
Then to bed early.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:04 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

I've got to believe in the power of prayer today. Even if it's hard for me to believe in.

Please see: http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post1887693
Old 08-29-2008, 10:53 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Originally Posted by PaperDolls View Post
__________________________________________________ ____
I have a LOT of work to do on this.
So far I'm not keeping up with a single one of them.
Old 08-31-2008, 07:55 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  
To Life!

PD,

Never put your goals in the negative, as in #2 --
DO NOT be late for work
Always state your goals in the positive. It's something to DO, not something to *not* do. Does that make sense?

Also, try this when you make goals.
It's an acronym -- a word in which every letter of the word stands for another word. It helps us remember.
We use SMART goals when we make goals.
SMART stand for:

Specific -- A specific goal has a much greater chance of being accomplished than a general goal. To set a specific goal you must answer the six "W" questions:
*Who: Who is involved?
*What: What do I want to accomplish?
*Where: Identify a location.
*When: Establish a time frame.
*Which: Identify requirements and constraints.
*Why: Specific reasons, purpose or benefits of accomplishing the goal.

EXAMPLE: A general goal would be, "Get in shape." But a specific goal would say, "Join a health club and workout 3 days a week."

Measurable -- Establish concrete criteria for measuring progress toward the attainment of each goal you set. When you measure your progress, you stay on track, reach your target dates, and experience the exhilaration of achievement that spurs you on to continued effort required to reach your goal.
To determine if your goal is measurable, ask questions such as......How much? How many? How will I know when it is accomplished?

Attainable -- When you identify goals that are most important to you, you begin to figure out ways you can make them come true. You develop the attitudes, abilities, skills, and financial capacity to reach them. You begin seeing previously overlooked opportunities to bring yourself closer to the achievement of your goals.
You can attain most any goal you set when you plan your steps wisely and establish a time frame that allows you to carry out those steps. Goals that may have seemed far away and out of reach eventually move closer and become attainable, not because your goals shrink, but because you grow and expand to match them. When you list your goals you build your self-image. You see yourself as worthy of these goals, and develop the traits and personality that allow you to possess them.

Realistic -- To be realistic, a goal must represent an objective toward which you are both willing and able to work. A goal can be both high and realistic; you are the only one who can decide just how high your goal should be. But be sure that every goal represents substantial progress. A high goal is frequently easier to reach than a low one because a low goal exerts low motivational force. Some of the hardest jobs you ever accomplished actually seem easy simply because they were a labor of love.
Your goal is probably realistic if you truly believe that it can be accomplished. Additional ways to know if your goal is realistic is to determine if you have accomplished anything similar in the past or ask yourself what conditions would have to exist to accomplish this goal.

Time Bound -- A goal should be grounded within a time frame. With no time frame tied to it there's no sense of urgency. If you want to lose 10 lbs, when do you want to lose it by? "Someday" won't work. But if you anchor it within a timeframe, "by May 1st", then you've set your unconscious mind into motion to begin working on the goal.

T can also stand for Tangible - A goal is tangible when you can experience it with one of the senses, that is, taste, touch, smell, sight or hearing. When your goal is tangible you have a better chance of making it specific and measurable and thus attainable.

Here's a template that may be helpful. And it's good for just about any type of goal you'd have!

My SMART Goal Date:

SPECIFIC

My Specific Goal:

MEASUREABLE

How will my goal be measured?

How will I know when my goal is accomplished?

ATTAINABLE/ACTION ORIENTED

Is my goal challenge but still possible to achieve?

Actions required to achieve my goal:

REALISTIC/RELEVANT

Is my goal realistic within the resources at hand?
(Describe what I need to complete my goal. Review it regularly.)

Am I willing to commit to my goal?

Why do I want to reach this goal?

Is my goal relevant to my life purpose and my big picture?

Will achieving this goal help me lead the life that I want to have? How?

TIME BOUND
Is my goal trackable/tangible? Describe how.

When will my goal be reached?

I hope this helps!

Shalom!
Old 09-10-2008, 09:59 AM
  # 409 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

I just want to vent today.

I'm so sick of depression and anxiety and sleepless nights and negative thoughts. I'm tired of having to take pills every morning to be "normal" and I'm not normal at all. What's the damn point of taking them?

What would it be like to sleep like a normal human being and wake up refreshed and feel happy and good about myself? Is that too much to ask? Really. I've been dealing with this crap for over 5 years now and I think I'm more screwed up then I was before.

I feel like screaming, beating my head against a wall, something .......
Old 09-10-2008, 10:20 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  

I'd like that too! I am now on 6 meds about to become 7!

You are probably still chemically messed up from alcohol and that's rough and it also messes with your meds, so that it will take time to sort out what is what.

Talk with your DR about it is my best advice!

Hugs,
Tena
Old 09-10-2008, 10:50 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
I'm not exactly an upbeat guest for a pity-party Jen, but......

I started taking meds in early sobriety a few years. Meds? What, like I was crazy or something? Me? :wtf2 I just didn't get it, I couldn't comprehend why I had to take them, and it was months before I slept normally. I only took one so I guess I'm a lightweight in the depression med class, but I'll never forget the way I felt that first year. It was like living in a cave full of cob-webs, and the cave was my head. I always felt foggy, disconnected, like I wasn't in my body.

My nurse practitioner and family and friends kept pushing me to sit in the sun, get some fresh air, and try to enjoy life. Instead I'd sit on the floor or lie in bed and stare at the ceiling. After months of feeling like crap I started to force myself to take walks, bike rides, or sit outside at a cafe' with a cup of coffee. It felt so strange, but something felt so good about it too.

Slowly, slowly, slowly, I started to feel better about myself. As they say in AA, "I stood in the sunlight at last". I still have emotional and mental "relapses" but they're a little easier to overcome now.

Without the love and support of family and friends I probably would've never made it. Please remember that you've got lots of friends here who love you Jen. And keep venting all you need to.

Wanna fight?

Old 09-10-2008, 10:53 AM
  # 412 (permalink)  
let it grow!

hey pd. don't be so darned hard on yourself. you've accomplished a lot of things the past few months. and i for one, am very proud of you.

and don't forget to set a few fun goals:

today i will play with my dog
today i will color in a coloring book
today i will watch the sun set
today i will go home and put on my favorite slippers and dance to my favorite cd

hugs, and oh, here's the pity pizza i promised .. that'll be $10.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:06 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Grumpster I agree with K stop beating yourself up and look at the good things! I too must say that I'm very proud of you! I have faith in those who want to recover and you are one of those peeps I mean idiots I mean grumps!

Jen love ya sweets-and sorry that you are struggling go pull out a coloring book that sounds like a grand idea!

Ok continue to vent your Grumpness!
Old 09-10-2008, 11:10 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

That's the thing.
I can't figure out how to stop beating myself up.
Over and over in my head, "I suck, I suck, I can't do anything right.....".
It's crazy.
Hell, I guess I'm crazy.

But I do like to color.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:17 AM
  # 415 (permalink)  

He He I love to color too Jen!

Ok ....when things do not go our way of course we get frustrated and begin to
beat ourselves up.

How do we stop....

I actually found these awhile back and kept re-reading them and they made sense in my situation-maybe they could help you?

TIP 1: Stop being so hard on yourself to be so many things, to so many people, so much of the time, especially to yourself. A driving need to prove your special ness (or whichever it may pertain too)can be very tiring. If you start from the place of being ordinary and use your natural gifts and abilities to express yourself in your unique fashion and make a difference in the world it will take so much less effort. If you let go of the need to be special, you will probably achieve way more by being a bit more relaxed with yourself.

TIP 2: We connect with others through our vulnerability, rather than putting on an armored front of being able to cope with anything. So if you need help, advice or support, ask for it. Many of us really feel happy and fulfilled if we have the ability to help someone else out. We like to feel useful and needed and tend to get a lot of joy from giving to others. So by asking for help, you are also giving to the other person who you are asking for it from.

TIP3: Strip the word 'failure' from your vocabulary and replace it with feedback. The idea that we have failed at something is so emotionally tiring and debilitating, it leaves us feeling inadequate and not good enough. But if we replace the word 'failure' with 'feedback' there is a sense that we are flexible enough to take what we are aiming to achieve and if our approach hasn't worked, to try approaching it from another perspective, without beating ourselves up that the last way didn't work.

TIP 4: Accept that you have a dark side and embrace it. So maybe you have times when you feel envious, that you are being selfish or insensitive. So what! Put your hand in the air and cop to it. These feelings come and go and they are not who you are. There's something so self-accepting in recognizing that we can be dark and have negative emotions. Stuffing these negative feelings down is so draining as it takes so much effort to pretend that they don't exist. Instead, look at what the negative emotion is about, as it gives us an indication where we need to heal. E.g. If it's jealousy, maybe you have a fear that there isn't enough to go round. But when you really look in to it, it's obvious that there is. By the way, fear is usually at the bottom of it.

TIP 5: Stop judging others and being critical. Decide not to say a bad word about anybody. It will really help raise your vibration, help you store energy and make you more pleasant to be around. When you talk badly of others, usually the person listening will see it more of a reflection of who you are, than the person you are discussing. It always bothers me when someone does this, as I know that they could just as easily talk badly about me. For many, this can be a tough one, but taking a judgmental position is really non-conducive for retaining energy. It also doesn't help build trust in relationships and isn't too good for your karma either!

If that does not help maybe we could just go fight with Astro
Old 09-10-2008, 11:17 AM
  # 416 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Ditto PD. You've accomplished major accomplishments recently and I am proud of you too.

I'm still dealing with my insomnia so I commiserate with the sleep issue. I'm not on meds for it or anything else but I have been and they haven't worked so I understand your frustration with it. I wish I could sleep, and wake up refreshed & happy too .

I'm glad you can post how you're feeling... it helps. Like everyone, I do think you need to find a way to be easier on yourself. You are perfect the way you are . I don't mind your grumpiness BTW... it's endearing.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:25 AM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Here Jen posted on Bedtime Gratitude today! And I agree with that lady up above I love you just the way you are too!

Good Ole' Zippy likes to remind everyone of Rule #62

Alcoholics Anonymous Rule #62: Don’t take yourself too damn seriously!
Old 09-10-2008, 11:30 AM
  # 418 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Let's have a real party instead!

Friday, July 4, 2008
You are reading from the book The Language of Letting Go

Celebrate

Take time to celebrate.

Celebrate your successes, your growth, and your accomplishments. Celebrate you and who you are.

For too long you have been too hard on yourself. Others have spilled their negative energy - their attitudes, beliefs, and pain - on you. It had nothing to do with you! All along, you have been a gift to yourself and to the Universe.

You are a child of God. Beautiful, a delight, a joy. You do not have to try harder, be better, be perfect, or be anything you are not. Your beauty is in you, just as you are each moment.

Celebrate that.

When you have a success, when you accomplish something, enjoy it. Pause, reflect, and rejoice. Too long you have listened to admonitions not to feel good about what you have done, lest you travel the downward road to arrogance.

Celebration is a high form of praise, of gratitude to the Creator for the beauty of God's creation. To enjoy and celebrate the good does not mean that it will be taken from you. To celebrate is to delight in the gift, to show gratitude.

Celebrate your relationships! Celebrate the lessons from the past and the love and warmth that are there today. Enjoy the beauty of others and their connection to you.

Celebrate all that is in your life. Celebrate all that is good. Celebrate you!

Today, I will indulge in the joy of celebrating.

From The Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie ©1990, Hazelden Foundation. All rights reserved.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:48 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  
let it grow!

Originally Posted by Astro View Post

Celebrate your successes, your growth, and your accomplishments. Celebrate you and who you are.
i tried on 11 pairs of jeans this week and 8 still fit over my ax. 3 of the 8 were too short so then there's 5. 2 pair look like mom jeans and must be donated.

i have 3 pair of jeans that fit over my ax! and i lived to tell about it!

pass the coloring books!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

next!
Old 09-10-2008, 11:49 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  

I know that "I suck" thing, I sometimes feel like my mind is out to get me. With me it is usually old memories and stuff, this is where meditation and trying to 'be present', not living in the past or future help...but it can be hard to do that. I like Eckhart Tolles view on the ego being a pain body that needs pain to exist.

Don't get mad at me and it isn't medical advice but I just don't see how being on that many meds makes sense, Doctors are basically just pill pushers for the pharma companies...this is my own view so please don't jump on me.

You are a smart, sweet, funny person and I loves ya.