Notices

Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 101

Old 03-30-2024, 05:06 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Grateful I got to spend some time with my sister today. We were watching True Crime and I was disappointed in the show, especially with Jodie Foster being in the show. I had a hard time getting into the show. You really have to pay attention. My sister and I were talking during parts of it. I may bring my laundry over tomorrow. She said she was just getting ready for her trip. I was just so tired today, lately. Grateful I have been sleeping well, I think my body must need it right now. Tomorrow, I am grateful if I get to do my laundry over at my sister's. Her washer/dryer are so much better and bigger than the ones we have. I think they get the clothes cleaner too. They have a great washer and dryer. I'm lucky she lets me do laundry over there.
Thankful it didn't rain today but I do think we have more coming.
Grateful my sister has been studying some of the Native Americans that live around here and have for a long time. There is a mountain here and one in another part of the Bay Area and they say that life was started in between the two mountains. Something like that. I may have gotten it a little wrong, but they are sacred mountains. I used to love riding horses through the mountain. I always had to go with someone though, I would get lost! Plus, it's better for the horses if you go with more than one, depending on the horse. So many of the Native American were extremely skilled riders.
Love and peace to you all. Have a wonderful evening. Pleasant dreams to you all.
Old 03-30-2024, 06:31 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Hope Mr. a feels better Alpine

Grateful for:

-a sunny day!
-a safe bike ride (25 miles) with friends
-Quaker lightly salted rice cakes being on sale (I love them with ICBITB and Franks Hot Sauce or soy sauce with a few teaspoons of chili garlic sauce)
-my back feeling better
- not apologizing today
- a new book to read
-thrift stores
Old 03-30-2024, 06:59 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  

I am grateful for exercise today, plus getting outdoors to pull some weeds….

Grateful that the grocery store wasn’t too busy this evening and I got some deals - including a plant pot! Now I want to shop for some more!

Grateful for my TheraCane to help massage all the knots in my back, and grateful to be away from all the stressors that caused them over the years

Grateful for our recovery group
Old 03-30-2024, 07:27 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

BKA, whine if you need. Everybody does it. Some more that others.

Good day today with a nap in the middle of it. Some rain, couple spots of sun poking through. Nice day all in all

Grateful -

- to be still learning. Life is tough stuff sometimes.
- let go. My past can act like the AV, wanting to drag me down into depression land. It's the good fight and I will win NMW.
- with my progress, KOKO is the only way. Good stuff

Thank you guys for being here. You know your life savers, right.
Old 03-31-2024, 06:51 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by Zencat View Post
Thank you guys for being here. You know your life savers, right.
Agreed, 1,000 times over!

I liked the first season of True Detective the best, but I thought #4 with Jodie was excellent, bone-chilling and the substance abuse hit home for me. Yep, it's an intricate tale and it requires attention, I like the way it ended.

Grateful to not be working today and tomorrow, which is Ceasar Chavez Day, a holiday for City of Phoenix employees.
Grateful to work the busiest of entry gates at Chase Field yesterday and the 30k+ crowd kept us hopping.
Grateful for some new as well as old co-workers to chat it up with, and a thankful and competent supervisor.
Came home to leftover pizza and a cannoli, grateful for that as well.
Old 03-31-2024, 06:20 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Oh Astro, I haven't had a cannoli in a long time. Yummers

Mellow day, cat pets, typical house duties, walkabout outside in the parking lot...LOL, its something.

Grateful -

- TV auto race in Atlanta GA.
- cheese and crackers
- popcorn

Good to go for the day next day ahead. I need to ask for nothing more. Put your jammies on and have some milk and cookies. You deserve it
Old 03-31-2024, 06:27 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Grateful for:

-Shokz
-self-soothing strategies
-later start for this Monday
-laffy taffy
-my foam roller
-frozen vegetables
-popcorn with nooch and a good book
-my new iron (now I just need to narrow down a good ironing board on Amazon: there are so many to chose from!)
-the SR community ❤️
Old 03-31-2024, 06:29 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Alpine, I hope that Mr. A is feeling better.
Old 04-01-2024, 08:06 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Grateful to have time to get some Warhammer models painted, or at least get started.
Grateful to wail away through 4 songs on the guitar yesterday.
Grateful we're actually getting a tax return this year rather than handing money over to the Feds.
Grateful to get some seeds planted, the weather is perfect for it.
Old 04-01-2024, 01:13 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Peke, thanks, he is feeling better, but now I have it. sigh..but I am tougher then him so it should not be too bothersome. Just achy, sore throat, ear ache and head ache. Went on a few walks so far..15,000 steps
Grateful for the sun
Grateful for the support here on SR
Grateful for friendships here
Old 04-01-2024, 04:45 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Alpine, I hope you let your body rest while you are working through this cold. We don't want you to get too sick. Don't forget to rest some too. 💗 I hope you feel better soon. Grateful for you and your friendship. Glad you are getting some good exercise.

My sister and I watched The Godfather this afternoon and part of Part 2. I love the first movie so much that I'm ok about the second one and I don't even like the third one. But the first one is so good. I'm really enjoying hanging around with her. She gave me a $500 Dooney & Bourke (if I spelled that wrong, forgive me) purse that she had used but she had a new one. It's super cute and big. I have to have big purses. Now I just have to move everything from one purse to the other. She gave me a super cute pair of combat boots that are patent leather and kind of maroonish. She had given me a pair I love a long time ago, they were black and looked more like regular combat boots. I loved them, but I can't find them. I would even wear them with dresses sometimes. Luckily in the Bay Area we can get away with wearing all kinds of things. That's what I loved about living in the city is that no one even looks at how or what you're wearing, esp when I was in Haight Ashbury. I wish I could find another cool neighborhood like that which was affordable! Maybe the prices will come down after all these people are supposed to be leaving CA, I hope!
I still have some banking/bill things I have to do and I keep putting it off. I hope I get on it before it's too late!

Astro, I didn't watch the last episode of True Detective yet. I'll have to watch the end of it. I thought it was good, I just thought it could have been better. I haven't seen True Detective before, but I guess they get a different actor to do the various shows that they have. I love good Detective shows! I hope that you and your brother are well. I am so glad I am talking to my one sister, the other one, not there yet. I'm really enjoying my time with her. We're getting older and I'm glad I have her company.
Grateful for all of you so very much. Grateful for your support and good threads. Love and peace to you all and pleasant dreams to all.
Old 04-01-2024, 07:06 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Grateful for:

-a productive morning
-taking the dogs to the park
-frozen dinners
-a night with my husband
-helping a neighbor with his mail/packages while he’s away
Old 04-01-2024, 08:53 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Hey ho all, I have been out and about without access to internet

Tonight I'm grateful for
- a lovely Easter mass
- connection with friends and family
- 15 min of yoga
-lots of groceries in the fridge
-another sprout of kale poking its head up in a seed pot
Old 04-01-2024, 11:37 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Yo Peeps

Late afternoon nap has me up at 11:30 pm watching TV. Had a good day all in all. Took a few hot laps on the slot car track without shooting the car off the track and 20 ft away from the table. Have some new guard rails that keep the wrecks on the track and not the floor somewhere I have to search for.

Grateful -

- hot shower
- shaving cream with menthol that burns the shite out of my face after scraping my skin raw with a razor.
- my hobbies that keep me entertained.
- you good people. I am fortunate to be graced by your presence :
Old 04-02-2024, 05:46 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Zen, nothing like burning skin after a shave

Grateful for some easy salads in the fridge for late night meals.
Grateful to be reunited with an old work crew last night, and see some of the season ticket holders.
Grateful to be packed and ready for a short trip to Seattle, can't wait to see my son and his GF.
Old 04-02-2024, 01:11 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Grateful I am one day closer to being done with darn cold.
Grateful it is rainy and cold outside so I am not missing much with my outside "play" time
Grateful for the home cooked meals I make
Old 04-02-2024, 05:29 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Sorry I’ve missed posting with you guys the last couple nights…can’t seem to stay awake!

Grateful to be home and cozy while the weather still makes up its mind

Grateful for another evening of not getting wasted
Old 04-02-2024, 05:52 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Grateful for an uneventful mellow day I like days like that
And not getting wasted
Old 04-02-2024, 07:18 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Grateful for an easy day. My sister leaves for Chicago around midnight tomorrow. I hope she has a safe flight and a great time. So grateful we are getting along.
Grateful for a beautiful day. Plenty of sunshine.
Alpine I hope you're feeling better soon.
Astro, still sending prayers to you and your brother.
Love to anyone struggling or suffering in anyway.
Grateful for all of you and your posts so very much. Grateful to be a part of this group of friends in recovery.
Have a wonderful evening. Pleasant dreams.
Old 04-03-2024, 03:22 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Alpine, I'm praying for your health and hope you're feeling better soon

Aly, much love to you and than you for your prayers. Brother is experiencing water retention in his ankles this week. He's a trooper, hopefully it will pass.

Grateful for another salad when I get home, got a couple more for today.
Grateful to have the rest of the week away, can't wait to experience Snohomish, my son's new home with his GF.
Grateful for the training and meeting we have at work this morning.
Grateful to work with a fun and experienced team at the game last night, I love it when we all click and get the job done.