Notices

Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 101

Old 03-27-2024, 06:06 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Astro, hang in there. Some of us know what you're going through. I have to take my mom to a lot of appointments too and I feel like I do endless tasks for her as well. You want to do the right thing, but it is hard not to feel overwhelmed sometimes. Love and prayers to you and your brother.
Hi Alpine!
It's been kind of an overcast day today. I hope we don't get more rain.
Grateful for my teeth whitening kit that my sister recommended. My teeth are starting to get white already. I had a great kit before, with an LED light, like this one has and our housekeepers put it somewhere in my room. I can't find it. But I have this new one and it doesn't make my teeth as sensitive as some do.

Grateful for my blessings. Grateful for an order for groceries I put in today to come tomorrow at 11 ish. Grateful for my mom even though I do get frustrated sometimes. Praying for patience and love for not only my mom, but for people I have to deal with.
Have a wonderful evening. Pleasant Dreams everyone. Love and peace.
Old 03-27-2024, 06:22 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Hi friends

I am grateful to stay in touch with our recovery peeps
Old 03-27-2024, 07:57 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Astro View Post
It sounds right to me if eating onion rings is involved! I agree, JiB has good ones. Some memorable ones for me are from Kelly's in Revere Beach, MA.

Peke, you could borrow your neighbors livestock and do hot goat yoga!

Thanks for all the kind words about my brother y'all. I'm struggling with not seeing a light at the end of the tunnel, it seems like endless appointments to drive him to, but it's not about me, right? I'm just wanting to make sure he gets as much care as he possibly can. The guy used to be built like Arnold Schwarzenegger, now he's so very thin and frail, it's hard to see him aging like this.

Grateful for comfort food, chicken & rice bake with steamed broccoli.
Grateful for a couple hours on the couch watching Life Below Zero.
Grateful for some side work and a paycheck in my pocket.
Grateful to squeeze in a walk with the dog while a storm blew in.
Yes!! I saw goat yoga offered in a town south of mine. So cool.
Thinking of your brother and sending you support. It must be incredibly difficult.
😞
Old 03-27-2024, 08:03 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Grateful for:

-the extra twenty minutes that I got to spend with my husband before he left for work tonight
-a dry dog walk (meaning without rain, not alcohol, lol)
-salad-kit-in-a-bag
-podcasts: Pop Culture Happy Hour, Lexicon Valley, True Crime Broads
-the fact that America is probably doing okay potato-wise (if you know, you know)
Old 03-28-2024, 05:32 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
Astro, all last year that is pretty much all I did..went to appointments, treatments, procedures. Heck the radiation was every day M-F for 5.5 weeks. Sigh. Having cancer is like having a horrible fulltime job.
Thank you for sharing that, Alpine, and you too Aly I'm whining, I need to stop and think about my brother, not me. Our years are getting short and I just need to do what I can to make the best of every day for both of us.

Peke, I had popcorn with nooch last night, it was a great snack, thanks for the tip! Grateful.
Grateful for 30min/1.5 mile on the treadmill, felt so good I may do it again today.
Grateful for guitar practice and I really felt like I was playing well.
Grateful for sauteed kale and grilled pork chops.
Old 03-28-2024, 08:39 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  

I missed my evening post so I will post this am!

Trades people can't afford to live in my area so it is really hard to find electricians and plumbers. We have a 70 year old retired plumber who all the old people remember. My 84 year old neighbor shamelessly called him up to fix a water heater and a toilet. I let Retired Plumber (RP) into neighbors house. RP really just wants to stay home and watch fishing shows but has agreed to come out to fix things.

I'm grateful for RP and his willingness to help the old people in my neighborhood as well as my sense of humor that is tickled by the situation. Also for the sense of belonging in my community in that I have known these people for some 50 years and I get to assist them as they age. It is a pleasure.

Have a good one all.
Old 03-28-2024, 02:52 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Grateful for all the walking and exercise I got today. Over 21,000 steps today. Not too bad if I say so myself.
Grateful the sun came out for a bit
Grateful for my motivation and drive. Have always been a rather driven person
Old 03-28-2024, 03:01 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Astro, thought of you when I was looking around for different songs. You do so much for your brother

Old 03-28-2024, 05:02 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

So much for your brother, Astro.
So much for my mom and I did a lot together.
Watching to see if there are a lot of see if there are any pups for a safe delivery watching and see if there are there to be ok. I wish I could have been a could of a of a baby. My uncle who is a doctor of to help me get through vet school. One of these days I'll do what I need to.
Be the best and want you to be a lovely evening. Have a wonderful evening.
Old 03-28-2024, 06:29 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Holy cow, Alpine! Thats a lot of steps. Wow!! ❤️❤️
Astro, saw you were on the treadmill on the fitness section. So glad that you were able to make the time for that.
Glad that you liked the popcorn +nooch. (Sometimes the nutritional yeast won’t “stick” to the popcorn. So I melt a little (vegan) butter and coat it first, lol. I also sprinkle chia seeds and “everything but the bagel” seasoning. It’s def not healthy popcorn. But it brings me so much happiness. You can melt some butter and coat it that way. “I can’t believe it’s not butter” is actually amazing. A few pumps of that and the nooch will stick”.

Grateful for:

-not beating myself up for not working out two days in a row (tweaked my back)
- a wonderful lunch with my friend
-the kind words that I got from the ER when I delivered pizza to them
-a night with my husband
-a great hair day
-feeding the neighbor’s goats
-our on-demand hot water system
-dental floss
Old 03-28-2024, 07:54 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Peke, that is a lovely variety of gratitudes there. It gave me a chuckle.

Tonight I'm grateful for
- finding a tube of toothpaste after I ran out
-25 minutes of yoga and a walk
- a friend getting 13k for her nonprofit
-a nice session collecting burrs and thistle seeds in my neighborhood
-planting some more marigolds and some beans
Old 03-28-2024, 08:11 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Bekind, tonight my list was filled with a little bit of everything. What types of beans did you plant?

I’d like to add:

Grateful for:
- a new episode of Top Chef(!!!!)
Old 03-29-2024, 08:04 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Thank you Alpine, that was thoughtful, and Aly I know how much you do for you Mom. Yeah, it's not heavy work (except for carrying library books, Aly!), it needs to be thought of as a blessing to care for our loved ones in their later years, and those later years include me now too.

BKA - I related to your experience on trades people. I've worked in plumbing related fields since 1984, and sorta still do as I work for the Water Department. I had to get away from owning my own business, it was more work than doing the 4 jobs I have now, very physical and I usually worked 7 days a week. This week I did one honey-do list for an elderly client, and yesterday I cleaned out my brothers dryer vent and administered a home Covid test to him. That's enough to keep me in practice this week!

Grateful to be working a baseball game tonight, haven't been around Chase Field in a few months.
Grateful for breaded shrimp, quinoa, and steamed broccoli with honey-sesame sauce.
Peke, I'm grateful for your suggestions, I've got some Everything Bagel sprinkle I'll try with butter next time!

Old 03-29-2024, 02:48 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Grateful for a lot of sleep today. Astro, hoping you're well and your brother too.
It's been raining here most of the day.
Grateful my sister is going to Chicago soon to see one of her high school friends How fun. They are going to spend their time in one of the nice hotels in Chicago. Chicago has some great restaurants and hotels. I hope she has a good time. She's leaving pretty soon. I'll probably have to do my laundry in the laundry room. She lets me do laundry in her house sometimes and we'll watch a movie or something. You're right Alpine, I don't care for having to do laundry in there and half the time it's broken or there is only one laundry working. I'm going to make a call to the HOA and make some trouble. That is ridiculous. Anyway, I would love to take a little trip too. I'm not sure who would watch my mom though. Maybe she could stay at my sister's house. All those stairs though are really hard for her. If the twins are home, they can carry her up the stairs. She's lost so much weight and they are so big! I guess they have a track and field meet around Easter, they are trying to work out coming home, but they may not be able to. Oh well.
Alpine, glad you're getting out and thanks for telling me about the horse and a bridal path. I would love to have a horse again. With all that snow and cold, I'd have to get a New Zealand Rug for her. It's one of the most waterproof, thickest horse blankets there are.
My mom told me that Walgreens lost $7 Billion last quarter. No wonder! The MBAs are going to probably either sell it or close it. I dislike CVS even worse and that is the only other one close by. One of my doctors told me about a pharmacy that delivers but I don't know where it is. Maybe I'll look it up, that would be so nice. I feel so sorry for the people who work at Walgreens. The Corporation is really doing Walgreens employees wrongly! It used to be such a great store.
Wishing you all a wonderful evening. Peace and love to you all. xxoo Grateful for all of you and your posts.
Old 03-29-2024, 05:52 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Hi Aly, I would like Chicago with such a rich history it has. BBQ and Blues, Chi Town has it all.

NCAA and watching the underdog now. No 11 Wolfpack, hope they win tonight.

Some rain approaching one more time. Good for the watershed with enough snow at Mammoth Mountain to last through memorial day, loads of water in the snowpack. I've been helped through some absent-minded on my part money problems. Glad that mess is fixed.
Ry kitty here on the bed, he and me feed. Life is good

Grateful -

- for 19 months sober
- large color TV
- hoop-a-doop

Sleep easy, hang loose
Old 03-29-2024, 07:03 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Peke, I think they were Merona beans I planted but I'm not sure. I don't have great luck/skill with seedlings but planting them as winter still rages on outside brings me joy.

Astro, thanks for helping out folks with your fix-it skills. Those of us without those skills really appreciate you folks who do it.

Well long snowy solitary day here. I'm grateful for
- 40 min of yoga
- a fire in my wood stove
- burning two bags of burrs and thistle seeds
- bacon mashed potatoes with peas. - someone left them in my pantry and they were good
-my sisters who call me

I have lots of whines today but that isn't what this thread is about. Life sure doesn't go the way we want sometimes but I know I am lucky beyond lucky for many reasons. You all are one of the reasons I am lucky. Thanks to you all.
Old 03-29-2024, 08:58 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 19 months, Zen.

Grateful for:

-lovely weather
-someone telling me that I had “great style” 😮
-Chef John’s (YouTube) recipe for chicken Lazone which I’m making for my husband for the first time tonight
-Ramen soup in the microwave
-the fact that my back is starting to feel noticeably better
-the members of SR
Old 03-30-2024, 03:03 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

It got to be too "late " last night to stop by, and I had picked up Mr. A at the airport and he was not feeling well at all and was falling asleep on the couch so I didn't want to wake him with my typing.
Grateful Mr. A is home
Grateful our furnace is fixed
Grateful for my workouts and walks yesterday,

Old 03-30-2024, 08:28 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Grateful for a little sunshine, it's supposed to rain hard tonight and then the temperature will drop by 30 degrees.
Grateful to come home to pizza & wings after a short work shift, go D-Backs!
Grateful for a good supervisor and co-worker last night, it made for a smooth ingress.
Grateful we're pet sitting stepdaughter's Frenchie's, they're a handful but it livens up our home.
Old 03-30-2024, 02:21 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Computer died this morning. Sigh..lost lots of good things
Grateful should be getting a new computer in a few days
Grateful I can start from scratch with saving quotes and memes
Grateful I have a roast in the crockpocrockp for Mr A
Grateful I have a tablet