Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 117

Old 07-24-2022, 11:03 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Glad you got some sleep, Turps! I’m so glad Mr T left you such a wonderful family with grandkids too ❤️
CBS, I hope your neck feels better. Glad your kitty is better 🐱
Alpine, yep I relate to that!
Hev, keep it up slowly! You are doing great!
Zura, so nice that you are in a good place
Numblady, hope you are having a good day
Grateful for a really fun time with a friend last night at Abba concert. So awesome!
Grateful sonny boy had a fun sleepover. These teenagers are still sleeping!
Grateful the retaining wall looks so much better
Grateful for diy projects and all the Youtube instructional videos
Grateful the weather is a little cooler. Low 80s and no humidity. Perf!
Grateful for the many places to hike where I live
Grateful for my friends here in the computer
Grateful to practice gratitude
Old 07-24-2022, 03:06 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Good morning 🌞

Hope everyone had/is finishing up a good weekend ❤️

This morning I am grateful to have slept extra long.
Old 07-24-2022, 10:39 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  
Magsie

Grateful the sun is shining but it won’t be too hot.
Grateful for a sober Monday morning.
Grateful for all the Grat Pack
Old 07-25-2022, 04:05 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Fearless, Abba - how fun!!!
Hev, your comment about decluttering down to bare bones is inspiring me (and reminding me of my dad). He may or may not have taken it one step too far by giving me back all the framed photos of my kids we've given them, only my older son's senior portrait made the cut. Their new place is definitely much smaller, but it's a 2BR so he will have an office - but I do understand his need to get rid of as much stuff as possible. We're in the stage where I find my car full of random crap every time I go over there.
Free, so happy your stepson was ready and willing to help out with the airline departure.
Turs, that's great that you got a full 8 hours of sleep.
CBS, if you're looking for a healthier alternative to blueberry muffins, these are awesome - here's a link.

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful for the clarity that can sometimes come as the result of conflict.
Grateful I was able to be supportive of my parents yesterday. Grateful to keep reminding myself that I'm doing my best.
Grateful for texting with my boys last night, one at school and one at camp. Grateful my younger son won't be gone too long.
Grateful I impulsively decided to give my dogs a shower (yes, it's as weird as it sounds!)
Grateful that our A/C problems didn't prevent me from sleeping, although I wish I could have slept a couple hours more!
Grateful to be reminded of how much control I have over myself, and how little I have over what other people do.
Grateful for beautiful views out of my top-floor window.
Grateful to be sober, and for everyone here - you're the highlight of every single morning.
Old 07-25-2022, 04:11 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Grateful for the storm we got last night, but poor Riley boy was not too happy with the thunder, he was crawling all over us to get away from it
Grateful I got Mr. A to the airport safely
Grateful for the bruschetta I made to have with dinner last night
Grateful for another sober day and night
Grateful to see the toads last night, one by my MIL's front door and one by our door at the apartment
Grateful for all of you
Old 07-25-2022, 04:36 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Dang, Free, that must have been one heck of a special rock!
Hev, congrats on the weight loss. I think gradual is the way to go in terms of it becoming part of a lifestyle v. a crash diet you’ll never be able to maintain.
PS, wow re: giving back the photos! I would have a hard time with it—not the giving back exactly but having only one kid make the cut.

Grateful to be back after missing a day for a nasty headache.
Grateful rain is falling for some of you.
Grateful for quiet time before everyone else wakes up and to be out here on the deck looking at the ocean and hearing the waves. Missing the breeze a bit! But sticky and by ocean is better than not by ocean.
Grateful for all the bday wishes.
Grateful we are going to the water park today. Such a highlight for the kids — and i like it too.
Grateful our friends who are down here are light normies and hardly drink at all. It’s just my husband who gets inebriated.
Grateful for all of you.
Old 07-25-2022, 06:01 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Quick check in must "commute" downstairs to work.
PS thanks for the suggestion on the blueberry muffins bit I have celiac so can't eat wheat/gluten. I did find a paleo blueberry muffin recipe yesterday and made them. They turned out great and are less carby(almond flour) and much lower in sugar. The only sweetener is maple syrup.

Grateful for another good nights sleep.
Grateful for a 3 mile hike yesterday. It was too hot to go much further and we had projects to do.
Grateful to be sober and not hungover from the weekend. It never gets old. 585 days.
Grateful to work from home today. Going on a one night staff retreat tomorrow.
Grateful for SR and the GP.
Old 07-25-2022, 06:43 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for a brand new week of sober adventures.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 07-25-2022, 07:08 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Grateful for coffee
Grateful for breakfast
Grateful eldest is here
Grateful it’s cooler out
Grateful for all of you

Old 07-25-2022, 07:24 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Grateful for healthy alternatives including to blueberry muffins!
Numblady, glad your headache is gone. Enjoy the ocean waves! Makes me really want to go to the beach!
Palmer, grateful for your whole post. It made me think, too, about doing the best I can, and controlling what I can then letting the rest go. Also, the part about learning from conflicts was helpful
The conversation about decluttering reminded me of my dad too. Every time I would go visit him, I would help sort items into boxes - keep, donate, trash, etc. Lots of trips to Goodwill. But toward the end I often found sentimental things missing even before I got there. The staff at the memory care place found things like photos, even ones of our family, and most sadly nicely framed ones of his grandson tossed into the dumpster. He threw out all his marathon medals too. Apparently he even threw away his favorite Bible with the blue cover 😞 I had to remind myself often of the sick man/compassion prayer. If my dad had been in his right mind he would never have done those things
Grateful for fire fighters. I spoke too soon when I said there were no big fires this year. The Yosemite fire is raging out of control
Grateful for the self reflection and lessons that conflict brings
Grateful sonny boy got outside with his buds yesterday and played hide and seek in his friends neighborhood. Nice to know kids still do this and very happy it’s not all about video games all the time
Grateful for good friends
Grateful for less heat this week
Old 07-25-2022, 07:33 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Grateful for a nice, soaking rain that is currently settled over my part of the country.
Grateful that my house guests have gone and arrived safely back at their home. Grateful for all of the leftover wedding shower food that they gifted me with.
Grateful for an unexpected Facebook post from an old friend, reminding me of some fun memories from the old days.
Grateful that my antisocial cat is back in her grove after hiding under the bed while my guests were here. Really pestering me for attention this morning.
Grateful for all of your posts and all of the gratitude that you share. Grateful for your gratitude?
Grateful for another day of sobriety.
Old 07-25-2022, 08:34 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Grateful NL'S headache went away
Old 07-25-2022, 10:05 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Old 07-25-2022, 10:58 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Palmer - About you being the recipient of the 'stuff' - funny/not funny. I can imagine your surprise when the photos were returned. Good news is he's not insisting on taking it all with him, as some do! (By the way - what does one do with decades worth of greeting cards? Thousands of 'em. Asking for a friend. )
Fearless - Yosemite fire - so horrible, & zero contained as of this morning. Good that the staff let you know about the things that got thrown away. Such a heartbreaking time.
Oh, Alpine - I want that Golden Retriever. So beautiful.
Grateful for rain last night, though there was loud & scary thunder. We were in a drought.
Grateful I'm starting a little exercise program today. I said little.
Grateful for books & magazines that take us away to other places for a bit.
Grateful to calm my anxiety by telling myself to knock it off.
Grateful for the GP always.

Old 07-25-2022, 11:06 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Grateful for time with grandson yesterday.
Grateful that although dark thoughts sometimes come to me, they pass quickly. I will air them out in therapy tomorrow.
Grateful for the neighbors' flowering vines that spill over the fences into my yard.
Grateful for sleep.
Grateful for volunteer commitments today.
Old 07-25-2022, 01:19 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Good morning 🌞

This morning I am grateful to wake up to the pitter patter of rain ❤️
Old 07-26-2022, 12:52 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  
Magsie

Grateful CBS mentioned the paleo blueberry muffin recipe. I looked it up online and now got a gluten/dairy free recipe for Mr. Mags.
Grateful I’m sober
Grateful for all of your Grats and SR
Old 07-26-2022, 04:34 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Grateful for the inspiring reminders I need to start scanning lots of stuff as part of a less-stuff, less-clutter life. Once my husband moves out and I have an office I am optimistic I’ll be more motivated to set up and use the scanner(s). Hev, that’s my plan for letters and greeting cards. I’m not saying it’s a good plan necessarily but that’s my plan
Grateful for another morning for gratitude on the deck with the ocean waves in the background. Tomorrow we head home but I imagine I’ll sneak in one last porch-sit.
Grateful for having my son’s teenage son ask me if I didn’t drink alcohol and being able to say that was right. I don’t drink it. I probably should have tried to work in a lesson about how it’s not this great thing people make it out to be but then again I know there is minimal interest in most grownup statements, much less a thinly veiled lecture so maybe it’s okay i wasn’t very on the ball.
Grateful for PS’ reminder of what we can/cannot control (and Fearless for commenting on it which reminded me).
Grateful I’m setting a boundary today with work. There is an emergency hearing and I just said sorry I was unavailable instead of offering to try and make myself available.
Grateful for all of you and your updates and inspiration.
Old 07-26-2022, 04:56 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Grateful for all of you
Grateful for another sober day
Grateful to have spoken with Mr. Alpine on the phone
Grateful for my salad last night
Old 07-26-2022, 05:01 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for some cooler sleeping weather.

Grateful for another day sober.