Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 117

Old 07-09-2022, 10:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Morning Gratitude Part 117

continues from
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-116-a-20.html (Morning Gratitude Part 116)

D
Old 07-09-2022, 11:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Magsie

Thanks Dee, Grateful for the new thread and Dee’s wealth of help and understanding.
Grateful to be sober.
Grateful for all the Grats
Old 07-10-2022, 03:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for this new chapter monsieur Dee

Grateful to be sober and clean this morning ☼
Old 07-10-2022, 05:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for the new thread, Dee! So grateful for you too.
NL, like everyone else I had to google Seedlip (you mentioned it a long time ago, and I looked it up then) - so funny that one of their mocktails is a MartiNO. That must have been the sober universe/higher power acting through your sister.
CP, my conversations with my old boss are so funny. He's only 55, and when he retired he immediately got involved in a million other little interests - so it's kind of against his will that I'm pulling him back in, literally a month after his last day with the org. We both agreed that if it's an easy situation that works for both of us, and is short term, we'll pursue it.
Fearless, I hope your H feels better soon, and that you and your son don't catch it!
Turs, that cemetery walk sounds lovely and peaceful.

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful for a tiring yet productive day of decluttering and moving some small items at my parents' house yesterday. I know that my presence is a boost to them, and being there made me feel a little guilty that I don't spend much time there without a specific reason. Overwhelmed but grateful that there are SO many photos and recipes to go through - I got a scanner for Christmas and I hope it's easy to use! Grateful to give my brother the china and silver even though I've been passively coveting their china forever - but I have my own wedding china and can't be greedy.
Grateful my SIL is easy and flexible about making homes for things - not overly particular like me.
Grateful for some alone time after I got home. I felt like I really needed it.
Grateful I have a telework day scheduled for tomorrow.
Grateful to be sober.
Old 07-10-2022, 05:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Dee is Da Bomb! Thank you for new part.
Alpine love that pic with the cat.
CP, holy crap over 16k days that is fantastic. Love that you are hitting these meetings. I need to get back.
As far as seedlip goes I know there are very mixed opinions about anything that approximates alcohol. I find that for me a lot of what I miss is the ritual and the taste of something different from water and coffee. So I have club soda & limes a lot, fake wine or sparkling grape juice. I find it works for me but I know everyone is different.

Grateful to hear the whir of hummingbird wings out here on the deck at the lake.
Grateful for one last day here before returning to the oven of my home state.
Grateful for post swimming sleep. Being in the water a lot always makes me sleepy. Oh, that and riding this air mattress tube thingie. It was pretty fun and I’m glad I did it.
Grateful we got an a/c miracle. The guy replaced the motor and it was 800 instead of 8k. I’ll take it.
Grateful for some painful realizations yesterday (I’ve been putting all this hope into the idea my husband can break the cycle of trauma and mental anguish he experienced and be loving and available to our kids…but I have to be the change I want to see. I have to break the cycle of enabling and putting up with BS and accepting unkind treatment from people in my life). I’VE been as much a part of the problem as he has. Or at least, a big part of it. And I have to keep working on boundaries and consequences. Simple but not easy.
Grateful for all of you.

Oh and hi PS! we were posting at same time again. I totally felt like it was the hand of something outside myself helping me. I am sure there are die hard who would be very anti what I am saying but it really warmed my little heart.
Old 07-10-2022, 05:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee!
Good morning all
Grateful I slept well last night except for around 330am when it was getting noisey with what sounded like chain saws. We did not hear a siren or anything else so trying to figure out what it was
Grateful MIL enjoyed dinner last night and said " you need to make this more often"
Grateful we will be heading out tomorrow morning for a canoe camping trip so if you do not here from me for a few days that is why, I will be out of any kind of range.
Grateful Riley let us sleep in
Grateful my MIL will puppy sit, she loves him so much so he will be well taken care of
Old 07-10-2022, 06:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

CBS, your exercise regimen is admirable. Biking 12 miles one day. Lap swimming the next. Let us know when you are signing up for that triathlon! And I'm going to borrow your "wildlife habitat" phrase the next time my neighbors complain about my backyard. They just aren't as environmentally conscious as me. Clearly.
NL, big hugs to you as you sort through the realizations and emotions. It might seem simple from the outside looking in. But it's far from simple when you are immersed in it. I love what you said about being the change you want to see. That's a great philosophy.

Grateful for a reasonably cool morning and a good run.
Grateful for a sale on avocados at the grocery store yesterday. Guacamole is in my immediate future.
Grateful for all of the pics that you guys are sharing.
Grateful for a 'blank slate' kind of day and the autonomy to do whatever the heck I want to do.
Grateful that the sober days are adding up.
Old 07-10-2022, 06:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Going through some pictures, here is a bear we saw when we were mountain biking

friendship poems and quotes
Old 07-10-2022, 07:14 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 07-10-2022, 07:35 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Yes - grateful for our Dee - always & forever.
Alpine - He's great! He looks young. Loved the bears who used to visit our deck (in the Catskills). They were black & ate all the birdseed. Enjoy your adventure!
Numblady - I deeply regret not breaking the cycle of enabling & putting up with stuff. Life could have turned out so different. Good that you are very self aware & working on this complicated situation.
Grateful for a very cool morning - but loads of spiderwebs everywhere. ick.
Grateful it's not a Sunday from back in the day - I'd be so shaky & miserable, anticipating Monday.
Grateful to turn off the news once I'd heard the headlines.
Grateful to have so many like minded souls here.
Grateful to know I'll never let myself down again.
Have a wonderful Sunday GP.

Old 07-10-2022, 07:49 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee bomb!
Turps, glad you are close enough to walk to visit your loved ones at the cemetery ❤️
CBS, love the deer pic and reference to the wild life sanctuary
Alpine, how awesome to see that bear (and be far enough away &#128522
Palmer, I’m glad you are able to spend time with your parents. The decluttering must be emotional! Take care of yourself! Btw, about your looking to rehire your old boss ....I know I’ve talked about retiring in a few years, but I’ve been rethinking that. If I mostly like my job and feel valued, not sure why I would retire. For now, my job provides meaning and purpose. Of course, it’s not everything and I find meaning elsewhere too. But why would I retire if I’m enjoying my work-life situation? Plus thinking about the cost of medical before Medicare eligibility really scare me. The stock market is scary. But regardless, sometimes I think I compare myself too much to others who hate their jobs or are overly stressed and can’t wait to retire. That’s not me.
Well, that was quite the digression.
Grateful to be able to express my thoughts here
Least, grateful Billie is enjoying the new place
Grateful for coffee
Grateful to read a good article from psychology today about happiness
Grateful to be reading and going through a work book on self care
Grateful I signed up to volunteer at the food pantry next weekend
Grateful to re-evaluate my spending habits.
Old 07-10-2022, 08:48 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee!
Palmer, so great that you are helping tackle the decluttering. That's a big task.
Alpine, amazing bear pic!
NL, there's a lot of freedom in seeing one's own part in things... because then we can change. It's not easy though.
Grateful to have gotten a bit of yard work done yesterday ... planted a couple of flowering plants that will (hopefully) feed the hummingbirds.
Grateful for a chat with the neighbor through the fence while we both gardened.
Grateful to be babysitting later this morning.
Grateful for sunshine.
Old 07-10-2022, 10:48 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Fear, yes he/she was across a small valley from us. Pretty cool to see but happy it was far enough away. Although it could have easily got to us quickly because we were on a tough trail with our bikes.
Hevyn, that is soo cool about the bears. We are heading up the ADKs so we will either have to hang our food or put them in canisters.
Wow, all of you are so productive..Lazy Alpine here
I went out to check my veggie garden and 3 of my larger tomatoes are gone. Hmm. We think maybe a deer.
Old 07-10-2022, 02:14 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Grateful to have made the cut and made it on ship.
Grateful for coffee
Grateful for yummy breakfast and lunch and healthy choices
Grateful did 25 flights of stairs on ship today so far and some standing push-ups
Grateful for my strong sober muscles, they are working well
Grateful for all of you
Old 07-10-2022, 02:15 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Awesome Free!! Have fun
Old 07-10-2022, 02:25 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Morning all 🌞☺️

This morning I am grateful for a warm bed to hide from the winter chill in.
Old 07-10-2022, 05:26 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Thank you for the new part Dee.

Grateful that my feet didn't wake me. up last night. . That's two nights in a row of uninterrupted sleep.
Old 07-10-2022, 11:07 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Magsie

Grateful for Alpine’s pic of the young bear. He’s awesome.
Grateful Lest had another uninterrupted night’s sleep.
Grateful for sobriety
Grateful to see the sun shining.
Grateful for all of you.
Old 07-11-2022, 03:04 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Morning all - haven't posted my grats for a few days. Had a run of super early starts combined with morning fatigue, which has been tough

Anyway, still lots to be grateful for
Grateful for the incredible dinner my friend made for us yesterday
Grateful for the hot-hot-hot weather
Grateful for time to catch up with things today (including reading everyone's posts!)
Grateful to be here, alive, now

Take care all

Old 07-11-2022, 04:42 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Grateful for all the support here.
Grateful Jack made it back.
Grateful for the pic of the bear. Scary to me though!
Grateful my sister and I saw a bald eagle on our walk yesterday. Not that uncommon for right where they are as there is a pair that live there year round apparently. But definitely a first for me!
Grateful it’s been a nice visit overall.
Grateful that as awful as it’s going to feel, this week I will at least get to stop living in the suspense of not telling the kids.
Grateful for my mom and how much she gives to her family.
Grateful for all the a/c repair people and all the things that go into making it possible to stay alive in the brutal and relentless heat of TX.
Grateful for each and every one of you.