View Single Post
Old 07-25-2022, 07:24 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  
Fearlessat50

Grateful for healthy alternatives including to blueberry muffins!
Numblady, glad your headache is gone. Enjoy the ocean waves! Makes me really want to go to the beach!
Palmer, grateful for your whole post. It made me think, too, about doing the best I can, and controlling what I can then letting the rest go. Also, the part about learning from conflicts was helpful
The conversation about decluttering reminded me of my dad too. Every time I would go visit him, I would help sort items into boxes - keep, donate, trash, etc. Lots of trips to Goodwill. But toward the end I often found sentimental things missing even before I got there. The staff at the memory care place found things like photos, even ones of our family, and most sadly nicely framed ones of his grandson tossed into the dumpster. He threw out all his marathon medals too. Apparently he even threw away his favorite Bible with the blue cover 😞 I had to remind myself often of the sick man/compassion prayer. If my dad had been in his right mind he would never have done those things
Grateful for fire fighters. I spoke too soon when I said there were no big fires this year. The Yosemite fire is raging out of control
Grateful for the self reflection and lessons that conflict brings
Grateful sonny boy got outside with his buds yesterday and played hide and seek in his friends neighborhood. Nice to know kids still do this and very happy it’s not all about video games all the time
Grateful for good friends
Grateful for less heat this week