Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 117

Old 07-23-2022, 04:25 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

CP, haha I’m still in TX and it’s still hot as bleep but at least there’s a much nicer breeze here.
I’m now imagining lots of grat packers in the rocking chairs on the deck with me, drinking coffee and having a hootin’ hollerin’ good time. With no stinking booze.
Fearless love what you said about your experience in a cult-like group and it helping you move away from it and be independent. A friend said something similar about what I’ve gone through with my husband, that I might have never really realized what I want and what I will put up with going forward and really just my own self worth…had it not been for this. She said it more articulately than that and it did not feel patronizing even though when I write it, it kind of sounds that way. Anyhow what I’m trying to say is I’m glad you were able to turn adversity into a better direction for yourself.

Grateful for our friends making it down here yesterday. The mom wasn’t feeling great so she decided to skip the trip to the amusement park. It hadn’t even occurred to me to do this but when the guys asked me if I was going I said, actually, no.
Grateful I used my time while the kids were gone to do what I wanted to do and what took care of me. First, I went and bought myself a big old birthday cake and asked them to write “You are awesome, [Numblady]” on it. Then, I went to a kind of strange AA meeting here but it was still helpful and kind. After that I got dinner from a place I knew no one else would want to join me in trying. And finally I went for a brief walk to and on the beach and then turned in around 8:30 to read. It was. Beautiful.
Grateful the self care continues today with me going to sunrise yoga on the beach.
Grateful the guys are doing their annual fishing trip today. They really love this ritual.
Grateful my daughter and I can pal around for a while this morning. Lord help me, she’s trying to talk me into going to like Ross and Marshalls. Which are lovely places but it just seems like such a depressing thing to do on vacation. On my birthday. In another town. But she does have a point that the touristy places will be way overpriced.
Grateful least got some relief from itchiness.
Grateful for the FB algorithm finally figured out what I need in my feed: uplifting quotes, America’s Got Talent audition videos, and Westminster dog show clips.
Grateful for the part of the dog agility courses where they zoom in and out of those poles. This brings my heart such joy.
Grateful for picking up a 4 month chip yesterday.
Grateful I completed another trip around the sun.
Grateful for this day.
Grateful for this group.
Old 07-23-2022, 05:14 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday NL
Old 07-23-2022, 05:31 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Happy birthday, NL! Everything sounds lovely, especially you retraining your brain to deal with stress without alcohol and purposefully finding pleasure in the simple things.
I also have used the word “schlep” my whole life. It’s got a nice ring to it. In fact, I schlepped a giant ((30lb) rock down the mountain a couple days ago.
Grateful the quarantine period is shorter than it originally was, hubby is doing better.
PS, hope you are feeling better soon.
CP, what is ‘Barry’?
Hi Fearless, hope all is well out in ÇA. No giant fires here, air is so clear, lots of rain and few connecting lightening strikes.

Grateful for coffee
Grateful my eldest is coming tomorrow
Grateful for early golf, but need to get going here real,soon.
Grateful for being sober.Grateful for all of you

Old 07-23-2022, 06:04 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

NL - Happy Birthday and huge congrats on 4 months! Love to hear about the self-care. No one deserves it more than you!
Free - It's funny, that's not at all the picture that I had in my mind of you! Anyway, Barry is a series on HBO starring Bill Hader, who was on the cast of Saturday Night Live. It's a quirky comedy/crime drama show. Not for everyone, but I really enjoy it. They just finished Season 3 a few weeks ago, and are signed on for a 4th season. Looking forward to it.

Grateful to have my sister, niece, and niece's son as house guests today and tonight.
Grateful for a good meeting last night on lies we told ourselves that kept us drinking.
Grateful for a decent run this morning, though I seemed to be the slow guy getting passed.
Grateful for another sober day and the traction that I am gaining.
Old 07-23-2022, 06:54 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Happy birthday, NL!!! Your description of your self-care day just makes me so happy. And I agree with your friend about maybe not realizing what you deserve, because I was the same way for SO long. The birthday cake was an especially nice touch, and 8:30 sounds like an excellent bedtime.
Free, love that photo - that's me if you substitute "rock" for any number of household things.
Hev, that's so funny about "recovery" shampoo!

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful that although we thought the AC wasn't working on our bedroom level, my husband was able to identify the problem. He definitely drives me nuts often, but I'm grateful that he's very smart and handy when it comes to fixing things. Grateful he had a good time golfing yesterday.
Grateful to order some supplies for a fun little project I'm working on.
Grateful to set aside my guilt and allow my "velcro dogs" to sit outside my bedroom door while I'm having my coffee.
Grateful my quarantine period is over today and I can see my parents as long as I'm masked, hand-sanitized and distant.
Grateful to be sober.

Old 07-23-2022, 07:31 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Palmer, glad the quarantine is over!
Love the recovery shampoo idea 😊
Numblady, so true. Love what you did yesterday and especially the birthday cake! Congrats on 4 month chip!
Free, maybe one big fire so far here this year but not like past years. Just little fires everywhere. Hey, that’s the name of a very good HBO series
Grateful to watch black Bird
Grateful for a hike and listen to a podcast yesterday. I think it was someone here who told me about Armchair Expert. I like it
Grateful to work out this morning then go to yoga
Grateful sonny boy has a friend coming today and a sleep over
Grateful a good friend is coming over for dinner
Old 07-23-2022, 09:39 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Free I hope you have a nice visit with your eldest.
PS glad your quarantine is finished.
NL HBD again! Hope the sunrise yoga was restorative.
CP I get passed sometimes too at the pool, on the bike trail and even walking but I figure I am usually the older one out there and at least I am out there. Maybe I will give Barry another try. My husband and I liked it until a certain event happened that we found disturbing.
Fearless I am going to check out Black Bird and Armchair Expert.

Grateful for some fun tennis this morning at 8:30. But it was hot even then.
Grateful for a walk and a swim yesterday but now my neck hurts. Maybe it was how I slept?
Grateful as ever for AC.
Grateful for my upcoming beach trip.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful my kitty seems to finally be better after her anesthesia. Took her days to bounce back.
Grateful for the GP and SR.

Old 07-23-2022, 10:52 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Happy birthday to our lovely Numblady!
Grateful for the grand finale to our heatwave - I hope (2 more days & then cooler).
Grateful I have my cousin visiting & will read more thoroughly later.
Grateful I lost another 2 lbs. Too slow though.
Grateful for our meeting place here.
Old 07-23-2022, 11:11 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

NL, so well done on the self-care!
Palmer, glad your quarantine is over.
Grateful for a successful round of posting things on my local Facebook "Buy Nothing" group. I gave away a bunch of fabric that I'll never make anything with, if I'm honest with myself. After having cleaned out my parents home after they died, and cleaned out most of my late husband's things ... I want to leave my survivors with an easy task and not too much "stuff". Not that I plan to go anytime soon, but one never knows.
Grateful for a lovely sunny morning.
Grateful to be going to see my son and help him pack boxes as he prepares to move, closer to my other son -- we'll all be within a few minutes' drive of each other.
Old 07-23-2022, 12:25 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Late in the game today, grateful we went paddling this morning in our canoes
Happy B-day NL
Grateful we saw 2 eagles
Grateful for a weekend with Mr. A before he heads out for the week
Grateful I slept well
Grateful for all of you
Speaking of new words, that one made me remember the word shluck. My Mom always uses that one.
Old 07-23-2022, 03:38 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Good morning all 🌞

I hope everyone is doing well. Quick check in today.

This morning I am just grateful for living. In a good place and loving life ❤️
Old 07-23-2022, 10:20 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  
Magsie

Numblady happy Birthday and congratulations on 4 months.

Grateful for rain this morning. Woohoo.
Grateful I’m sober and present.
Grateful for all your Grats
Old 07-24-2022, 04:50 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Grateful for another sober day in the books
Grateful I slept well
Grateful for a quiet morning
Grateful for my homemade pizza last night
Old 07-24-2022, 05:00 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Alpine, "shluck" is new to me!
Turs, such a good thought about being really honest with ourselves when decluttering. Especially with my parents downsizing again, I'm collecting a lot of crap for a fantasy life with fantasy projects.
CBS, so grateful your sweet kitty is feeling better.
Fearless, thanks for mentioning Armchair Expert, I finally looked it up!
Hev, that's so awesome about the 2 pounds.

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful (not really, haha) I'm up early on a day I could have really slept in.
Grateful my husband and son went to help my parents yesterday.
Grateful some fun things arrived from Amazon - for a little project I will actually do.
Grateful to be sober.
Old 07-24-2022, 05:58 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Hev losing weight slowly is the way to go. You are doing great. I am trying to lose weight myself. I lost 30 pounds when I first quit drinking pretty quickly because of not taking in all those wine calories and I had nausea from the PAWS. But now I have gained 10 back. My sweet tooth that I have acquired is to blame. So I am going to stop eating blueberry muffins with my breakfast. Too much sugar in that recipe. Also I need to cut down on cookies. I have switched to a creamer that has no sugar for my coffee too.
Alpine so cool that you saw Eagles.
Turs that is so wonderful that your sons will both be so close by. Mine is across the country. I hope he moves back East someday. But mu daughters and granddaughter are here.

Grateful Mr. CBS and I will go on a hike soon. We meant to go earlier but we both slept later than we thought. Guess we needed it.
Grateful for 8 hours sleep. First time in a long time.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for Sunday.
Grateful for SR and the GP!
Old 07-24-2022, 06:57 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for some much needed rain overnight.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 07-24-2022, 09:45 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Old 07-24-2022, 09:58 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Alpine, OMG. That’s ME!
NL, happy belated
Hev, glad you are losing it slowly. You didn’t get heavier overnight, so losing it should be the same way.
CBS, neat about the tennis. I’m too uncoordinated
FBL and others, glad it’s cooling off

Grateful to wake up moments before the alarm
Grateful for coffee
Grateful to get gate pass and through security way early, now can catch up on SR
Grateful my stepson was willing and able to get eldest on plane at departing airport.
Grateful for the massage husband gave me last night, sacral area a little sore after schlepping that HUGE rock down the mountain

Old 07-24-2022, 10:06 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Grateful for 8 hours sleep, after several nights of short sleep.
Grateful for babysitting plans this afternoon.
Grateful to plan a little camping trip this week, to go paddling on a slough I haven't visited before.
Grateful to feel well.
Old 07-24-2022, 10:33 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

CBS - I did the same thing - lost weight initially, then put some back on (but way more than you).
Free - I'm so glad you didn't fall & roll down the mountain, clutching the huge rock.
Tursiops - Very good idea to purge. I'm doing the same - down to the bare bones, except for some stuff my son might want. When I give things away I think how someone else might love having my junk & put it to good use.
Alpine - Seeing the Eagles soar - never gets old.
Grateful I've stopped myself from whining about the heat. Mostly.
Grateful I slept more than 4 hrs.
Grateful that the approach of Monday no longer fills me with dread.
Grateful for YOU.
: