Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 110

Old 11-05-2021, 08:07 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Least, so great about meals on wheels. I have thought about volunteering with them. Maybe someday when I’m less busy. Your neighbors sound awesome and so caring
Mags and Hev, grateful for the image of the stars and sunrise
(((Aly)))
CBS! Oh no! Feel better soon. Glad you’ve got Netflix
Alpine, 70!
Palmer, yep, I get the bureaucracy
Grateful for day 2 of my exercise before breakfast routine. I’m hungry but I like starting out this way. After making my bed, of course
Grateful to finish work article and resources for a client
Grateful to have slept a little better
Grateful for beautiful Fall weather
Grateful to discuss the possibility of revisiting an Alaska cruise. We had to cancel when Covid hit. And after the stories of all those trapped in their cabins for 10 days not knowing what was going on in the world was truly horrific. Never wanted to think about a cruise again, pandemic or not. But now, maybe
Old 11-05-2021, 10:51 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Paleo Cookies

Originally Posted by Fearlessat50 View Post
CBS, I would love that recipe as I like to compare. The ones I made were great but just a little more cake consistency than I like. Thank you!
Alpine, you are a rock star in the kitchen!
Numblady, I’m sorry it’s been rough for you and especially about your son. I can’t imagine! Yes, this too shall pass. Keeping you in my thoughts
Hoping all those with colds recover quickly
Turps, art journaling sounds amazing! I’m going to do some research on this
Least, glad your medical needs are being addressed
Aly, good luck with the precheck
Grateful sonny boy got invited to a birthday party from an old friend who is a couple years older than him. They have t been as regularly in touch, but they are both old souls and have such a close connection. This other boy is such a good influence
Grateful to receive some very good feedback from a client
Grateful I’m changing my routine a bit to exercise again in the am before breakfast. I was doing it later in the day but I feel better starting day with exercise, then doing yoga/meditation later
Grateful one of my BFFs is arriving today. She lives in another state now and I miss her so much. We are spending this weekend together and doing the Alzheimer’s walk
Grateful for each of you

Here is the link to the recipe.
https://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/wprm_print/24596
Old 11-05-2021, 11:48 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Alpine - How cool that you'll be seeing your cousin. I miss mine so much - everyone moved far apart after we grew up.
CBS - Hoping you feel much better soon.
Fearless - I hear great things about those Alaska cruises.
Grateful MrH had a leaf filter guy come out. No more ladders. (Costly though)
Grateful for a bright, sunny day - & still colorful leaves hanging on.
Grateful for the unlimited support & understanding here.

Old 11-05-2021, 01:03 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I don't feel very grateful today but am always grateful that I'm sober.
Old 11-05-2021, 03:12 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Least, I am grateful for you. Hang in there.
Old 11-06-2021, 04:18 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  
Magsie

CBS feel well soon
Alpine making 70 meals is awesome.
Grateful to have a quiet day inside in the warm.
Grateful for SR and everyone here. You’re awesome.
Old 11-06-2021, 04:45 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful for beautiful fall weather, and the views outside my top-floor window.
Grateful for Trader Joe's, especially as the holidays are getting closer! I joined a FB group where people post all their favorites, so I always have a lot of new things I "need."
Grateful for plans to see my beloved in-laws over Thanksgiving, especially my SIL and niece.
Grateful that I'm thinking about pulling out a few silvery Christmas decorations, and no one can stop me.
Grateful to be still living in the delusion that I'll get my shopping done before December 24th.
Grateful for the internet, for the most part.
Grateful to be sober.
Old 11-06-2021, 06:24 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Thank you so much CBS. Saved!
Least, so very grateful for you! Breaks my heart you are going through this
Palmer, I’m seeing my in-laws at thanksgiving too. The whole fam damily will be here, all 12 of sonny boys cousins 😊 Since he doesn’t have siblings, he places special value on these relationships
Grateful Mr F and I had a civil argument last night that did not escalate, and it blew over quickly. Grateful we are better communicators than we were when younger
Grateful two of my articles got posted for work blog. I am enjoying writing
Grateful to finally be on unit 2 in Duolingo (German)
Grateful for watching Ted Lasso
Grateful for seeing my BFF in a couple hours. We are doing the Alz walk in SF. She is visiting from another state. I have not seen her in three years.
Grateful to be meeting another friend at farmers market tomorrow
Grateful I’m not doing any work this weekend
Grateful for you ❤️
Old 11-06-2021, 06:26 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Palmer, you made me smile with pulling out your Christmas decorations. I will have to wait on that as I will be moving back east and will be apart from my husband during that time. Oh well, it could be worse. I probably will still put something out when I get settled.
Mags, yes 70 meals..He is a happy guy
Grateful for my coffee
Grateful for our always Friday night homemade pizza and wing where we watch a short show on Netflix. We do not own a TV so that is our little end of week treat together.
Grateful for a beautiful sunrise.
Grateful to be sober
Grateful for everyone here
Grateful for SR. Thanks everyone and I hope everyone has a great day
Old 11-06-2021, 09:59 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful that the doc thinks my infection is viral so I don't need to take antibiotics.
Grateful that I can rest today and don't have anything planned. Though I would have enjoyed babysitting for my granddaughter I can't because I am sick.
Grateful for telehealth.
Grateful for SR and all of you.
Old 11-06-2021, 10:25 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  

My mother ended up in ER and is hospitalized. She broke her hip after a fall down the stairs when she didn't have the lights on. We now have "lights on" policy. She's just getting so old and this kind of thing is so hard for everyone. They don't know if they are going to do surgery or not. Maybe a screw in a certain place. I'm worried about her. She seems so depressed and tired. Grateful for today she is getting the help she needs and is in good hands.
Grateful I got my flu shot and my tetanus shots yesterday.
Grateful all the sisters, incl me are talking at the same time and seem to want to maybe start to repair our relationship. I hope, love the sentiment, but I've been around this family a long time and things don't always turn out that way. But hope is what we live for.
Have a great day all.
Old 11-06-2021, 02:43 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Aly - How terrible - I'm so sorry. Will pray that your mom makes it out of this awful time & that she won't remain depressed.
Maybe this time you & your sisters will be able to rise above the past hurts.

Palmer - I just started a teeny bit of Christmas shopping. Worried that if I wait too long some things won't be available. "They" started in October telling us to get our shopping done early. I still have one foot in summer - and it's wearing a flip flop.

Grateful for all your posts & shares.
Grateful I DVR'd a bunch of Hallmark movies - not ready to start watching though.
Grateful MrH went grocery shopping all by himself - but I wish he hadn't brought home bagels & donuts.
Grateful I remembered we turn clocks back tonight!
Old 11-06-2021, 03:26 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Aly, so sorry to hear about your Mom. All my thoughts and positive energy heading your way.
Old 11-06-2021, 08:39 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  

I'm away visiting two longtime friends. Very grateful for their companionship, sharing old memories and making new ones. Grateful for all of you here.
Old 11-06-2021, 09:42 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  
Magsie

Aly, sending prayers and love to you, your mom and family. Take care love.
Grateful for modern conveniences.
Grateful for the internet and all SR and Grat Pack
Old 11-07-2021, 03:27 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for Least and all the other members of the SR "Grat Pack".

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 11-07-2021, 04:37 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Aly, I'm so sorry that your mom took another fall. That is incredibly difficult on everyone. I'm thinking about you and hoping everyone can pull together and rally for her recovery.
Alpine, I love pizza and wing nights! My extended family lives in the Buffalo area and that's the best combo ever.
Hev, yes! "They" started so long ago! "They" always do! How can I possibly catch up?
Fearless, have fun with your friend and I love that you and Mr. F were able to disagree peacefully - never easy for my husband and me.
CBS, I really hope you feel better.

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful for this gorgeous, cold weather.
Grateful for a quiet house.
Grateful I got some cleaning and organizing done yesterday, even though it's a never-ending battle that leaves me so frustrated sometimes.
Grateful I'm not in jail, after watching part of a docuseries yesterday. I wouldn't last 5 minutes.
Grateful to have discovered a great moisturizer, which is always available at Marshalls lately.
Grateful for my cozy window seat.
Grateful for flameless candles with a remote control, especially the kind with the moving wicks.
Grateful for the post-coffee feelings of invincibility, which I wish would last all day!
Grateful my son made a tiny bit more progress on his college applications. Is this ordeal over yet?!
SO grateful for this thread and everyone here.
Grateful to be sober.
Old 11-07-2021, 05:05 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Aly, I am so sorry about your mom. Hope you and your sisters can band together and support her and one another in this difficult time.
Least, still thinking of you and sending hugs. Hope time can move faster until the 24th.
CBS, hope you are feeling better and continuing to be able to rest.

Grateful for all your kind support about my son. We still don’t know what his long-term punishment will be. And on top of all that uncertainty, my sister let me know on Thursday that essentially if I wanted to see my grandmother alive I should go see her soon. So we layered on an emergency trip for me out of state. I am glad I am here and I am glad my husband as supportive of me going even though I head straight from her to a conference out of town. But it has been a whirlwind and a difficult one at that, including my grandma going unresponsive and being taken back to the ER while I was visiting her. My mom stayed overnight with her and is exhausted. My dad’s memory is so bad that he can’t really drive me or himself anywhere without help. It’s all just complicated and tough. My grandpa is so depressed and distressed, understandably. My heart hurts for everyone. I’m actually kind of worried my grandma will linger like this for quite some time. I don’t want to wish her to go but none of us wants her to suffer. Still, she’s eating and drinking and I don’t think ready to go. It still seems like part of her is still in there even though she is hallucinating nearly all the time.
Grateful my grandparents have people to support them, even if it doesn’t really change anything about what actually happens.
Grateful my work was supportive of me checking out on Friday.
Grateful for all of you.
Old 11-07-2021, 05:23 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Palmer, yes..I grew up about an hour from Buffalo. Yumm wings.
NL, sorry you are going through all of this. My thoughts are with you
Grateful my cousin made it into town safely via plane..although she got a little lost in the airport
Grateful for another sober day
Grateful for all of you
Old 11-07-2021, 06:16 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Aly, so sorry to hear that. I am thinking about you and your mom and sisters!
Numblady, that is very tough. Thinking about you and your family too
I had Buffalo wings from Pennsylvania once. They were the best ever!
Palmer, headed to Marshalls today 😊
Grateful my BFF who I did the walk with yesterday has invited sonny boy on an already booked Disney cruise this summer. She is also his god mother and has a daughter his age. I guess that would be his god sister 😊 They are great friends though in different states. Really excited for sonny boy. Mr F and I are t going but it will give us a chance to go on a vacation by ourselves. Other than a quick local over nighter, we have never done that since we’ve had sonny boy
Grateful my life is so much simpler than it used to be
Grateful everything passes
Grateful to be going for a long run soon