Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 110

Old 10-29-2021, 03:59 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Least, so nice to see you! Same with Daisy.
CBS, congrats on the sobriety days and I always love to be reminded that alcohol is poisonous to me.
Turs, I totally hear you about over-filling the calendar. Really happy you have good family support.
Fearless, that's adorable about the transition phrases. I'm trying to help my son with his college applications, but I have to be VERY careful to step back and not criticize what he writes. It's so easy for me to over-edit and insert my own voice, which is obviously not the point at all!
NL, thinking about your grandma and I'm so happy she has lots of loving support.

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful for another telework day.
Grateful for a dark, rainy, quiet morning.
Grateful I got some stressful meetings out of the way - and it should be pretty easy today.
Grateful to watch parts of the movie Ghost (yes, again!) with my older son. He was disrespecting the special effects but loved the funny parts.
Grateful my dining room decor is coming together.
Grateful that I have fun hobbies like interior design.
Grateful to be sober.
Old 10-29-2021, 06:03 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Grateful for a good talk with my mom last night. She needs to be moved to assisted living and is willing to look at the Villa that is available.
Grateful for Friday.
Grateful that I get to pick my granddaughter up from school today and keep her overnight. She is 5 and so sweet. But she is a picky eater so it is always a challenge getting her to et healthy food.
Grateful for a roof over my head and food in the cubbard.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for SR and all the Grat packers!
Old 10-29-2021, 07:09 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Grateful to see you least! Thinking of you lots. Love that quote by the way
Palmer, the thought of college apps stresses me out! I know what you mean. I remember standing over sonny boys shoulder first year in middle school dictating what he should say verbatim in an email to his teacher. He was like mom, can I just say it in my own words so my teacher doesn’t think my mom wrote this for me? Lol. That’s when I got it.
Numblady, thinking of your grandma
CBS, good look as you help your mom prepare to move. I went through this all through 2020 with my dad. Pm me if you need support or want to chat
Grateful that today should not be too hectic at work. Really glad that Mr F has a doctor appt and will be gone for a few hours. I love him dearly but it’s nice to have the house all to myself. He is always here!
Grateful to work on an art project
Grateful for a Halloween party this weekend
Old 10-29-2021, 07:33 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Numblady thinkig of your grandma
CBS, have a fun time with your granddaughter
Grateful it is almost the weekend so hopefully I can spend some time with my husband. He has been working so much..including weekends
Grateful for a sunny day here
Grateful for another sober day. It has been challenging but I am hanging in.
Grateful for everyone here.
Old 10-29-2021, 11:14 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Numblady - I hope your grandmother will be released from hospital. Good that she has you all looking out for her.
Alpine - Hoping you & MrA get some time to enjoy yourselves.
Fearless - Will you dress up - and if so, what will costume be? Not sure if we'll have any kids stop by, but I'm ready. If no one comes - I can't let the candy go to waste.
CBS - It's good that your mom isn't hesitant about making that change.
Grateful for a sunny day - rain & wind is on the way. All the pretty leaves will fall, but I was grateful while they lasted.
Grateful MrH bought bird seed & is watching for some new customers.
Grateful to have tried on winter clothes & found them to be.... snug. Motivation to get back to eating healthy stuff. (Except for left over Halloween candy of course).
Grateful for this lovely thread.

Old 10-29-2021, 11:20 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Grateful for all of you.
Numblady, sending prayers and good vibes for your grandma.
Hev, happy you are getting settled a little at a time. Don't worry, you'll shed those pounds, and your winter clothes will be comfortable again. You'd think after 5 days of not eating, I'd have lost some weight. The scale keeps going up and down, one day I've lost some weight and the next I've gained. I've been drinking a lot of sodium, as my sodium tends to be low, hopefully, I'm retaining water. LOL. 💗
Have a wonderful day all.
Old 10-29-2021, 12:56 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for a friend's gift of food delivered to me a while ago. So now I've had lunch and have enough left over for supper.
Old 10-29-2021, 01:49 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Least, that is wonderful. I wish your other neighbor was being more neighborly. Grateful for the things we can be grateful for. Least, sending prayers and healing vibes, my friend.
Things will get better. I feel it. It may take a little while, but you'll be better. Keep Hope! You are well loved.
Old 10-29-2021, 05:42 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Grateful to see you here Least!
NL, sending prayers for your grandma.
CBS, grateful your mom has you to help her with this transition.
Grateful for another beautiful paddle in the harbor this morning ... cool fall air, glassy water, lots of birds.
Grateful for a visit with the kids & grandkid today.
Old 10-29-2021, 10:18 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  
Magsie

Grateful to see our dear Least here and I loved your quote other day but forgot to mention it.
Numblady, prayers for your dear grandma xx

Grateful for hot water out the tap, I take it for granted mostly.
Grateful for my morning cuppa,
Grateful for finding peace in my life with sobriety. So grateful.
Grateful for SR and all the Grat Pack
Old 10-30-2021, 05:32 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Grateful for all your kind thoughts and prayers for my grandma. She did not get transferred out of the hospital yesterday (it’s going on 3 weeks) but supposedly it is really happening today.
Grateful I was able to get our wild dog back after she jumped over my lap and bolted out of the van last night. Kind of sad but because she got distracted by being aggressive toward another dog I was able to step on her leash. So….got some work to do….
Grateful it’s almost Halloween. My daughter especially is so excited about it. She wants to go early in one costume and then again in a second costume for double candy. She’s thought it all out.
Grateful for people who know stuff about plants.
Grateful that although there was another cat poop situation this morning, I didn’t step on it.
Grateful to fantasize about new flooring.
Grateful to just remove a big task from my mental to-do list. For Christmas I want to scan a bunch of old pics for my mom and for years I’ve been daunted by trying to sort them particularly because I don’t know so many of hte people. But today I realized, she likes to watch everything on shuffle anyhow just like I do so I can just scan them as they are!
Grateful my keyboard didn’t run out before I was able to finish. Better go plug the old gal in.
Old 10-30-2021, 06:12 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Grateful for a great night's sleep
Grateful I was able to sell my wood lathe yesterday
Grateful for having some oatmeal and coffee with my husband as I type this
Grateful for another sober day
Grateful for talking with my MIL last night
Grateful for my health

Have a wonderful day all
Old 10-30-2021, 06:37 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful I'm feeling a little better this morning, after a rough afternoon and night (hopefully just congestion and a cough).
Grateful I was able to sleep in.
Grateful that my dogs are so sweet.
Grateful for the colorful leaves and lower temps.
Grateful that I started a small painting project - so relaxing.
Grateful for a pretty laid-back work day yesterday.
Grateful for social media (sometimes).
Grateful for this group, where we can all come as we are.
Grateful to be sober.
Old 10-30-2021, 06:43 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Happy Halloween weekend!

Unfortunately, my mom and her partner are very reluctant to move into the assisted living villa. It is what they need for their safety but they don't want to leave the house they are in. They are in denial and both have some dementia. Our family and the retirement community where they live have a tall order to get them to move.

Fearless I know what you mean about enjoying your home to yourself. Hope you get some good moments here and there.
Alpine I hope you get some good time with your husband this weekend.
Hev I hope your bird feeder gets lots of new customers. We left ours empty for a bit and it took a while for the birds to come back.
Aly I hope you fell better soon!
Palmer I hope you feel better soon too.
Least I am so glad your friend brought you food.
Turs enjoy your grandkid there is nothing better.
Mags I do appreciate the simple things more like hot water now that I am sober.
NL I love your daughters enthusiasm. And I am glad you didn't step in kitty poop.

Grateful to be here with my granddaughter right next to me showing me her learning software "letter land".
Grateful for Saturday.
Grateful for good decaf coffee.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for SR and all of you.
Old 10-30-2021, 07:04 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Least, so nice of your friend. The support you have around you is great. Hope you are doing better everyday
Turps, always love the images of your paddle boarding on beautiful lakes
Alpine, keep surfing those cravings. It does get easier. After almost five years, I occasionally still get a craving now and then, actually pretty rare these days. I remember a person on the main forum who had been sober much longer, and still got them too. He said he learned to just acknowledge then chuckle at them 😆 I know it’s not that simple early on though.
How nice of you to do that for your mom, Numblady
Hev, yes, I have a costume which is coordinated with sonny boy. He is going as Jason from Friday the 13th. I am going as his victim. I found the most awesome Camp a crystal Lake dress with splotches of blood on it. Lol. It’s surprising how well this dress fits me for a costume. I like the style so much that I want to wear it on a regular date night. Is that weird? Lol
Grateful to have slept really well
Grateful to feel a little better. Something’s going on with me. But I think it may just be my wacky hormones. More hot flashy lately too
Grateful for a special dividend check
Grateful for cool fall weather and a break in the rain, though I know we need more
Grateful to be reading a good book: the first survivors of Alzheimer’s. After my dad, I am fascinated with brain research p, especially as related to dementia
Grateful support is growing around my work blog, though it makes me nervous too
Grateful to be going for a run in a while
Grateful to be going for a long hike after that
Happy weekend all!
Old 10-30-2021, 07:38 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Here's another good quote in my Mutts comic email this morning.

“Happiness never decreases by being shared.”

Hermann Hesse
Old 10-30-2021, 10:18 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Grateful for so much this morning. Quiet house, restful sleep, dumplings for breakfast.
Grateful for volunteer work today. I help out a local hospice, sewing teddy bears for families who have lost a loved one. The families give us an article of clothing that belonged to the loved one, out of which we make their bear.
Grateful for SR and all your grats.
Old 10-30-2021, 05:32 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Fearless - Nope, not weird at all to wear your Halloween dress for a date night. Costumes sound great!
Tursiops - The bears - what a touching & sweet idea.
Aly - thank you for the encouragement. This 20 lbs. is ruining the way I look & feel. I'm only 5'2" & look like a weeble when I'm overweight.
Least - I love my daily Mutts online too.
CBS - We had a few chickadees & Jays today. A woodpecker did a fly over, but didn't stop.
PalmerSage - Hope you get a good sleep & feel much better in the morning.
Numblady - Hope g-mother is out of hospital & settled in at home.
Love to Mags & Alpine too.
Running out of time & didn't say what I'm grateful for. Well....everything! But most especially my precious sobriety. Without it I'd have an empty & tragic life.
Way too late for Morning Grats - but glad I stopped in to catch up.

Old 10-30-2021, 09:23 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  
Magsie

Fearless sounds a fantastic costume….enjoy date night! Grateful for all the wonderful, down to earth and sober people on Sr and Grat Pack
Grateful my cat sits on my knee now….she’s such a crazy scaredy-cat.
Grateful for Mr. Mags and his help through my injury.
Grateful it’s a Sunday morning and I’m sober….it never gets tiring.
Old 10-31-2021, 03:28 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Grateful that it's the norm to wake up sober and present.
Grateful to get here this morning.
Grateful that though we forgot to put the clocks back last night, I remembered 1st thing this morning.
Grateful for the serenity prayer, boy I've needed it this week.
Grateful for coffee
Grateful for easy peel satsuma's.
Grateful not to need to venture out today, it's pouring down, cold and windy.
Grateful my kitties are both indoors.
Grateful that remembrance poppies have been hung on the trees and lamp posts lining our main road. It's an annual ritual now in my area, people sponsor them in memory of their loved ones and funds raised go to the Royal British Legion. I sponsored one for my dad and one for my grandad. It's a very moving sight, I'll try and put a pic on this week.
Grateful to see my favourite lovely people posting here.
Grateful for all I have.
Grateful for you all.
xxx