Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 107

Old 05-22-2021, 01:50 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for an extra early start to my Saturday.

Grateful to observe 11 years and 11 months of continuous sobriety today.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 05-22-2021, 06:17 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful I was able to sleep in this morning.
Grateful my bad dreams were not actually real!
Grateful I have my second vaccine scheduled for today.
Grateful my husband is back and can handle taking the kids to sports today.
Grateful to be sober.
Old 05-22-2021, 07:13 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Cinrn, beautiful post. So true. Grateful for sobriety allowing us to be free and true
Hev, shopping without a mask? I can’t imagine! CA is not yet down with the new CDC guidelines. Hopefully soon
Daisy, good to see you. Loki must be a small cat to sleep on your shoulder. Or you have a big shoulder. Lol. I am grateful to be sitting by the fire with my little Daisy cat in my lap, and Charlie right next to me.
Palmer, good luck today. My second is tomorrow
Grateful to be going for a long bike ride with a friend, then lunch
Grateful to plan time to plant some new plants in my zen garden
Grateful to order a gazing ball from Amazon to put in the garden
Grateful I got another article for work approved for the blog
Grateful Mr F and I had a long talk with sonny boy over his request to give up karate. He has been doing it since age three and got his black belt two years ago. He’s half way to a second degree. But he started to lose interest before the Pandemic. We’ve had this talk before. But it does t feel right to force him to continue something his heart is not in. This is not about me. It’s about him, and he made a good case for himself. So we will say goodbye to his instructor at his final class this morning. It makes me sad. But it is time for sonny boy to move on and explore other interests he is choosing for himself. Grateful he is excited about learning German and taking an engineering course over Summer.
Grateful Mr F and I are on the same page.
Grateful for a beautiful morning.
Old 05-22-2021, 07:33 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Grateful for a pretty day.
Grateful that my PAWS dizziness let up a little this morning. I hope it is a sign of things to come.
Grateful to have my granddaughter spend the night tonight so her mom can cater a wedding.
Grateful for good decaf coffee that is processed without chemicals.
Grateful to hear the Cardinals calling to each other.

Old 05-22-2021, 09:48 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

CBS - Me too with the anxiety thing. We were only making things harder on ourselves - glad we are over that.
FBL - 11 yr. 11 mos. - how wonderful.
Fearless - Hope you'll be maskless soon. It's still a little unclear in some places here - it's being left up to the individual businesses. Confusing.
Grateful for yet another sunny day - wow, this is a record.
Grateful I'm weighing myself regularly & facing the music.
Grateful for flip flops & summer clothes, but they are tight.....
Grateful for all your posts.

Old 05-22-2021, 11:49 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

FBL, congrats on all that sober time. That is wonderful!
Grateful my sister who just moved by the bay took my mom and I out to lunch yesterday to try to cheer us up over Luke. She has a really nice place in a high rise with a great view of the bay and the city, SF. It was nice to get out.
I know I have some chores I should do today, but not sure whether they will. They're certainly not going anywhere.
Grateful for my gots!
Love and peace to all.
Old 05-22-2021, 02:00 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

FBL, congrats and hugs on 11 years and 11 months sober! And happy birthday to your mom.

Today I'm grateful for my brother taking me to the store. Grateful that he is so good to me.

Grateful that it's cooler today and I was able to take Billie for a little walk.

Grateful for all of you here.
Old 05-22-2021, 08:53 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Dear Graters, I'm grateful for you all here. I need your prayers or thoughts.
Mr. T had a sudden medical event yesterday that he did not survive. I am beyond shocked, he was a very healthy man in his early 60s.
I am grateful that his two sons were with me, and that we made the decisions together, not that there was much to decide as mostly nothing could be done.
I am so grateful for love and support from my family of origin, and my family of choice that I formed with Mr. T and his kids.
I'm grateful I won't go through this alone, I've had calls and texts all day and my therapist has made herself available too.
I'm grateful for Mr. T and his beautiful life, my best friend the last 20 years.
Old 05-23-2021, 12:35 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Sympathy to you, tursiops, in this sudden dismaying loss. Glad you have support.
Old 05-23-2021, 01:10 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  
Magsie

My condolences and prayers tursiops, to you and your family.

Grateful I’m sober
Grateful to see the sunshine for a little while earlier.
Old 05-23-2021, 03:54 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 05-23-2021, 05:51 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Tursiops, I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. That is beyond heartbreaking. So happy you have family to support you. We are with you, too.

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful I got my second vaccine shot yesterday.
Grateful I can just keep wearing a mask in public until all the ambiguity is sorted out.
Grateful for a beautiful, sunny morning.
Grateful for Fearless's approach to her son leaving karate. My boys are at an age where they need to make some of their own decisions too. It's not easy for me sometimes!
Grateful that I didn't freak out at my son't lack of improvement on his SAT, or rush to tell him it was totally fine. I want to see how he handles it for himself.
Grateful my younger son hustled through his last soccer game, even though they didn't win a single one all season.
Grateful they both have some interesting stuff lined up for the summer.
Grateful to be sober.
Old 05-23-2021, 06:06 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Oh Tursiops. I am so, so very sorry. I will send my prayers to you and his family. I am grateful you have your wits about you but it still has to be so very hard. I am grateful you shared this news with us. I am grateful you and his sons were on the same page about the choices in the end.
Old 05-23-2021, 07:08 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Took a walk on the beach to search for shells.... and listen to the ocean....the sounds it makes are amazing...
Coffee to keep my hands warm while I sit....on beach...
Grateful to be on the beach and listen to the ocean ...
Grateful for the silence...
Grateful for St. Francis prayer...
Old 05-23-2021, 08:18 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Turps, oh my gosh. I can’t even believe this news! My heart breaks for you! I am so sorry for this sudden loss of your best friend! I am glad you have family and support all around you. We are here for you too ❤️

Palmer, after I watched Reece Witherspoon in Little Fires Everywhere, as much as it’s an exaggeration, it makes me realize it’s not the kind of mom I want to me - pushing my son beyond perfection and controlling every aspect of his life without letting him explore and grow into his true self
Aly, so glad you got out yesterday. Btw, I sent you a pm 🤗
Grateful for my house and the beauty that surrounds it. Grateful that there are enough spaces and rooms for us to enjoy private personal time. My F and sonny boy are upstairs watching a show. Sonny boys friend is sleeping downstairs on the couch. And I have the middle level in the living room looking out at the panoramic views of the hills. I love my tri-level house. The other side faces to my zen garden which is still a work in progress
Grateful that Mr F has decided to take karate lessons from sonny boys instructor. So grateful since he really needs an outlet.
Grateful sonny boy and his friend slept outside on the trampoline last night. It was very cute.
Grateful for the reminder from Turps experience how short life is and to be grateful every day.
Much love to you all
Old 05-23-2021, 08:21 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Tursiops I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for letting us know. Keep reaching out to us and your family and friends around you. Cherish the memories 💕

Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful to have had my granddaughter sleepover last night.
Grateful for my job.
Grateful for my time on earth.
Grateful for SR and all of you.
Old 05-23-2021, 10:15 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Tursiops - I join the others in saying how sad & sorry I am for what you're going through. Prayers being sent up for you & your family to be comforted, now & in the future.
Old 05-23-2021, 01:44 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Tursiops, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Grateful to have had a nice week on the river with Henry (my pooch) and to enjoy the welcome home from C.
Old 05-23-2021, 01:50 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Tursi, I am so, so very sorry for your loss. You are in my prayers. Sending love and support to you and yours. My sincere condolences.
Old 05-23-2021, 02:36 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Fearless, I know you like Reese Witherspoon. My dad went to Vanderbilt with one of her cousins, I don't remember if he played football with my dad, but they were friends. I remember meeting he and his wife, probably before Reese was born when I was a little girl. Just a bit of synchronicity. Thank you for your very kind note. I wrote you back, but you're full. Love to you, my dear friend. xxoo