Notices

Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 89

Old 10-30-2020, 07:14 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I mark mine now with the date of the month each month, to mark months. December 8th will be 11 yrs. I am tickled pink to have reached that. When I started drinking early '07, I broke 20 yrs of sobriety. Thought I'd never get them back, yet I'm over halfway there already.

How's Luke doing? How is his arthritis? Try giving him MSM in his food. I hide Billie's half capsule in some plain yogurt and she usually doesn't notice it. Jack always got it and I think it helped him stay active/mobile as long as he did.

Aly, you ought to sign up at Survey Junkie and start making some pocket money for yourself. You can redeem it in gift cards, PayPal cards, or transferred into your bank account. It awards points for completing surveys. A point is a penny. Doesn't pay much but it adds up quickly.

My beloved beagirl is lying on her blankie behind my chair. My love runneth over.
Old 10-31-2020, 06:39 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Yep, grateful for Survey Junkie that least turned us on to, I've made over $100 and those Amazon gift cards are great for getting a jump on Christmas shopping!
Grateful that my truck is getting serviced today, it's been awhile since the last maintenance.
Grateful for good "beef stew weather", gotta start using the crock pot!
Old 10-31-2020, 07:21 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  
Free.

Grateful to be alive, well, and sober today.

Grateful for the good-hearted people here at SR.

Least, I too, tumbled back into the abyss after over 20 years. (20yrs,3mon, and 3 weeks) That was early 2014, have struggled on/off for 6 years, am super grateful to be living sober today.

Be well sober posters!

Old 10-31-2020, 03:54 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Grateful to be checking in sober this late afternoon, not quite bedtime yet whatever time that is. I've never had a set bed time as an adult. My work kept me out some late hours sometime and I'd have to be back the next morning early.
Grateful for some really pretty weather.
Grateful for my friends.
Grateful to see Daisy this morning too. Prayers still going up for Daisy and Mr. D. Love and peace to you and your family. Grateful for you, Daisy.
Sleep well and Have Pleasant Dreams. All my love and peace to anyone struggling or suffering in any way.
Old 10-31-2020, 04:31 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I just had a heart-stopping moment or two. My internet went out and I couldn't get it to come back until I realized that Billie had disconnected the phone cord that's plugged into the power strip. Figured it out, plugged the phone cord back in, and voila - internet again!

Grateful I figured it out and fixed it. I hate being disconnected from the rest of the world.
Old 10-31-2020, 04:58 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

LOL, Least. I have done that so many times. Once, I swear I thought I checked it and I actually called a tech to the house to find it wasn't plugged in the way it should be. I was so embarrassed. The tech had a on crush on me and only charged me $25. But I couldn't blame it on the dog. Funny, he asked me out a year or two later, he actually called my mom for my number, he knew her. I went out with him once. I told him I wanted to start very slowly and be friends for now. He starts trying to put his arm around me and stuff like that, moving really close. I was so mad because I felt he betrayed the agreement we had. I stood up and asked him to leave. He called a couple of times but I never went out with him again. I hate it when men or women don't listen to me and clearly he heard nothing I said. So, he got the boot. Grateful that I know what I don't want and I'm not afraid to ask dates to leave if they make me uncomfortable or I just don't want them there anymore. I've done it many times. I have a low tolerance for stupid, disrespectful behavior. If they can't treat me as well as my dad did and have the good manners he did and I was raised with and if they don't listen to me, I won't deal with it. Or games or married men, etc. Grateful I'm really comfortable around men and my whole career was mostly with male lawyers, I have often been the only woman at partner's meetings or BOD meetings for Finance and Accounting. You learn to get tough with lawyers too. Your have to stand up for your work and yourself and be confident, even if you don't feel it. Although I think they gave me a possible nervous breakdown, I sure did learn a lot about sticking up for myself and dealing with difficult people, which I do really well, when I have a reason to. My girlhood among the outlaws. I was so young when I started working for them.
Any way just an aside.
Grateful for all the places I've lived and the experiences I've had as a childless single woman. Just the way things turned out. Grateful to have had horses for 40+ years and all my dogs and cats. All of them were my babies, like my kids. I've had some very, very cool experiences and dated some fascinating men and some royal jack asses. You have to learn to be tough about getting rid of them!
That's all. Nite all.
Old 10-31-2020, 06:17 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Ending up Saturday in the Western US of A.

I'm grateful for

-not having my usual depression this afternoon
-phone calls with friends
- a friend really respecting my viewpoint (I love feeling listened to)
-getting a good solid half hour of exercise in today

Least and Tiredcarpenter, I'm only a bit over 2 years into not drinking. I can feel how easy it would be to slide back into it. In a way the pandemic has made it easier as there is no socializing. My Dad wants a glass of wine every now and then and I can feel the pull but other than that I'm not around it.

Okay now . . . .into Sunday . . . may we all pay attention so as not to miss noticing the good.
Old 10-31-2020, 09:47 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Happy Halloween all! I've missed you the past couple days!
HReady - how was the football game? Did you play?
Bekindalways - happy travels!
Aly - I'm sorry to hear about Luke... That is so expensive and he's an old dude! Comfort and quality of life, right? It's hard having to make these decisions! Also I wanted to say that I'm a single child free woman too and I love it. I feel free and happy and I love being an aunt (and then going home!).
Least - you make me laugh! I have two dats who like catnip treats and one cog who is always trying to steal the dog food.
Tired carpenter - good job! Keep going!
Astro - I love when it's time to get the crock pot out! We used it tonight to make decadent hot chocolate. Soooo good.
Notch - good job passing the liquor store! I know some days that is NOT easy and I'm proud of you.
Fearless- I'm glad Mr F was ok and I hope you find insurance and that your house is safe from fires! That must be stressful.

Yesterday I passed the last hurdle in selling my house so it's time to pack up and get ready to move to Philly. I'm BEYOND grateful to be at this point because it's been super stressful waiting in limbo. Grateful to have had a nice interview yesterday was well! Not sure if I'll make it to the next step but fingers crossed! Finally I'm grateful to have gone to a small Halloween party tonight (outside and distanced) and to have come home sober. I made it three hours which is longer than I thought I'd last sober at a party. It's such a wonderful feeling coming home sober and knowing I can actually have a fun, productive, hangover free Sunday. Good night all!
Old 10-31-2020, 09:59 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Hi AT.

Yes, waking up in the morning feeling good never gets old.

Going to sleep sober and waking up sober is always a joy.

Tonight I'm grateful that I spied the big ol' raccoon outside eating the cat food before I took Billie out for potty. I didn't want to disturb the raccoon while it was eating so took Billie out front in the dog yard instead. She didn't care about the change in venue and did her business quickly so we could go back inside where it's warm.

Grateful that the raccoons, skunks, and possums all eat at my backyard cat cafe. They know where to come for food.
Old 11-01-2020, 02:06 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Thank you for all your kind words, prayers and the love you shown me. I am truly grateful. Mr D is currently in hospital with Covid, he has been poorly but is hopefully now over the worst. He hasn't been in the Intensive Care Unit but his is now on a respiratory ward, he's on oxygen, has multiple lines in, he has an infection in one of his lungs so he's on strong antibiotics and is also having a painful injection in his stomach every day. I have every faith in our local hospital, it has been innovative in it's treatment of Covid and has started to win prizes, so I know he is in the best place.
Myself and my gson have been in isolation since last weekend and that ends on 03 November, so not much longer to go now. Thankfully, we are both feeling very well.
The U.K is back in national lockdown from next Thursday for 1 months as Covid is rife here at the moment.

Grateful. xxx
Old 11-01-2020, 06:57 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Daisybelle View Post
Thank you for all your kind words, prayers and the love you shown me. I am truly grateful. Mr D is currently in hospital with Covid, he has been poorly but is hopefully now over the worst. He hasn't been in the Intensive Care Unit but his is now on a respiratory ward, he's on oxygen, has multiple lines in, he has an infection in one of his lungs so he's on strong antibiotics and is also having a painful injection in his stomach every day. I have every faith in our local hospital, it has been innovative in it's treatment of Covid and has started to win prizes, so I know he is in the best place.
Myself and my gson have been in isolation since last weekend and that ends on 03 November, so not much longer to go now. Thankfully, we are both feeling very well.
The U.K is back in national lockdown from next Thursday for 1 months as Covid is rife here at the moment.

Grateful. xxx
Ah Daisy, I'm sorry to hear that Mr DB is in hospital. It does sound like he is getting good treatment. May you all hang tough and come through this okay.
Old 11-01-2020, 07:23 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Daisy, praying that your husbands recovery continues to go well and that you are all back together in the same home soon. That has to be rough on your family. On a positive note, I have had two friends recover from the virus this week, I do believe the treatment methods are improving and the recovery times are getting a little faster.

I felt sooooo lazy yesterday but still managed to get 14k steps in and got a few chores done. Grateful to have church to attend today and I'd like to get some tree trimming, guitar practice, and a bicycle ride in. Time to put away the Halloween decorations and break out the Thanksgiving stuff! Grateful that we'll have cooler weather after one more mid-90's week.
Old 11-01-2020, 05:19 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

(((Daisy))) Still sending up prayers for your man as he continues to recover.

Tonight I am grateful for my sobriety. Living sober means I take good care of Billie and my cats. It means I face my responsibilities instead of drowning them in wine. My life is so much better sober. This December I will have 11 yrs sober and grateful for every minute of it.

Old 11-01-2020, 07:03 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Good evening. I had a bit of a long day.

Last night my knee was hurting for some weird reason but woke up this morning feeling pretty fine. For this I am grateful.

Have a good Monday all.

Old 11-01-2020, 10:54 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Daisy I'm sorry to hear that Mr DB is in hospital and I hope he continues to recover. Glad your quarantine will be ending soon. Are you allowed to visit him?

Today I'm grateful for a warm day and the chance to have coffee out in the sunshine with a friend. I'm grateful for the sweet little codependent dog snoring away next to me. And I'm grateful that we are getting closer to the election in the US - I feel as though I've been holding my breath for months. I hope you all have an easy Monday.
Old 11-02-2020, 12:06 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Grateful that Daisy's Mr. D is over the worse part of Covid! Hoping he recovers soon.
Grateful for another Beautiful day here.
Grateful for all of you & SR.
Old 11-02-2020, 05:04 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Grateful for cloudy skies and a chance of rain, even if it happens while I'm on a fishing trip this coming weekend. Grateful for a little mid-week side job, it pays for gas to get me on my weekend adventures.
Old 11-02-2020, 04:57 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful that Billie ate all her supper, including the veggies I added. Grateful that she's in good health.
Old 11-02-2020, 06:26 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Heya all.

I am grateful

-That I managed to work on a legal document that has been on the dinning room table since February - yeehaw
-I had a better day today
-there is a chance of a storm this coming weekend
-for the phone calls with my sister to support each other during this pandemic

Keep giving it your best!
Old 11-02-2020, 06:44 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  

I'm grateful that I got to give my little 2yo nephew a bath and read him a book tonight without trying to rush through so I could get to my wine. It's a nice feeling to just be in the moment without always thinking about my next drink.
that being said, I'm really grateful that I didn't smoke today because I am strongly missing cigarettes and it's hard for me to have one without the other.
Grateful to have scheduled my movers and gotten some of the logistics out of the way.
Have a good night, all!