Notices

Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 89

Old 11-05-2020, 03:14 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Grateful to continue sending prayers to Daisy and Mr. D. Sure hoping the infections are getting better. Thinking of you often, darling one.
Astro, grateful for your pic. Your campsite looks very comfy!!!
So grateful for this thread and the awesome people who post here. I hope Autumn Tree is still hanging around. Lovely to see our newcomers and how well everyone is doing! I know, even with this being my favorite thread, I sometimes miss because I get tired to early sometimes or it gets late. Gosh, sure sign, I'm getting older, I think.
Have a wonderful evening all. Pleasant Dreams!
Old 11-05-2020, 05:51 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Astro, that looks fabulous, so cozy, thanks for sharing.

Grateful to be sober, I wouldn't be able to cope with everything life has thrown at me if I wasn't.
Grateful that Mr D.B has turned a corner, all his lines have now been removed and physio have had him up and about today.
Grateful for our wonderful N.H.S, our hospitals, all hospital staff and all key workers.
Grateful to be well.
Grateful that g.son and myself are both out of our isolation period now and he is back in school.
Grateful to get my laundry washed and dried.
Grateful to be making progress with my de-cluttering.
Grateful to have enough food in my cupboards.
Grateful for all your prayers and kind words.
Grateful that there are so many animal & nature lovers here on this thread.
Grateful that Fearless got to F.T with her beloved dad, bless him, continued prayers for both of you F.
Grateful that Aly sounds so upbeat.
Grateful to read about Least's furbaby's.
Grateful for all of you.
Old 11-05-2020, 06:54 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Grateful for Astro’s pic. Thank you also for those comments, Astro!
Grateful that Mr DB appears to be on the mend. Thank goodness, what a scary time Daisy!
Grateful for my audiogram today. As I thought hearing loss has worsened. Only slightly since last time but I am getting those hearing aids. Grateful to have another consultation tomorrow. I will not be actually getting the hearing aids until Jan because I have to wait for my company’s open enrollment. Insurance does not cover hearing aids but I can use the FSA. It’s not everything but it is a little something and I’m grateful for anything I can get. Hearing aids are very expensive I just found out. So our “vacation” next year is my hearing aids and sonny boys second round of braces. Oh well. We can go without a true vacation for a year . I’m fortunate to have had great travel experiences and sonny boy too at his young age
Grateful to chill out and escape to Radiohead music instead of the news. 😱
Grateful that sometime soon this election will be over
Old 11-05-2020, 07:43 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful that Mr DB is doing better. I've been praying for his recovery.

Grateful tonight for another day with Billie. I am grateful to share my life with Billie and Lily and Franny.

Fearless, glad you could facetime with your dad. Keeping in contact is so important.

Grateful to my fellow Gratters!
Old 11-05-2020, 09:29 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Hi my friends! DB, I'm so glad Mr DB is up and moving - I've been thinking of him and you a lot. It sounds like it was scary and you handled it very well!
Astro I love the picture of your tent! I'm not an outdoorsy person but it reminded me that when I was little I had a tent that went over my bed and I loved it. Actually these days I wouldn't mind escaping into a tent over my adult-sized bed and hiding out for a few days!
Today I'm grateful that I finished my training run/walk even though it felt really hard. Grateful for the time spent with my nieces and nephews at the wild animal sanctuary yesterday and so grateful to have seen beautiful tigers! So so cool and such fun to share with my babies. Grateful for the cheesy Christmas movies that are distracting me from election limbo.
Have a beautiful Friday, all! I'll be thinking of you!
Old 11-06-2020, 05:47 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by Daisybelle View Post
Grateful that Mr D.B has turned a corner, all his lines have now been removed and physio have had him up and about today..
Best news I've read this morning, probably the best I'll read all day! Very happy for MR DB and your family

Well my plans changed so no tent tonight, I got called up to work NASCAR this evening. Grateful for it, my first event with SAFE Management. I'll get up early tomorrow to go fishing and squirrel hunting.

Grateful for constant change, because life would be awfully dull if everything went according to my plan
Old 11-06-2020, 07:59 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  
Free.

Grateful for each sober breath.

Old 11-06-2020, 02:03 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for a nice nap with my beagirl Billie. Grateful that I don't drink anymore.
Old 11-06-2020, 02:42 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Thank you all again for your kind words and prayers. Mr D.B came home today, I had a feeling he would be discharged by weekend when physio had him up and about yesterday. He is very weak and has lost 3 stone, they brought him out to me in a wheelchair. Onwards and upwards now, hopefully he will get stronger by the day.

Grateful I don't drink anymore.
Grateful to be able to thank the nursing staff on Mr D.B's ward.
Grateful for our wonderful N.H.S and for the nurses and doctors who looked after Mr D.B.
Grateful for Least's prayers, they worked.
Grateful that Autumn tree made such lovely memories.
Grateful that Astro has work and grateful that he can look forward to fishing, I'm not sure that I'm grateful about the squirrel hunting though, lol.
Grateful for my family.
Grateful to be well.
Grateful that the fire works have stopped.
Grateful for my friends who live in the computer.
Grateful that Fearless will get her hearing aids, it will all be worth it to be able to hear properly.
Grateful for each and every one of you. xxx

Old 11-06-2020, 03:25 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Grateful that Mr. D is coming home! Wonderful news Daisy! Prayers continue until he is back on his feet. So wonderful that he is doing so much better. I hope you have someone who can help you out if you need it. You have so much on your plate. I wish I were there so I could help you out. Love to my dear, sweet, kind friend and her family.
Grateful Least and Billie got a nap in! Love napping when I can.
Grateful my mom is home from doing the grocery shopping. I have to run down and bring it in. Although lately she's been bring home some rather odd purchases. It's ok. I'm not saying anything anymore. I really think it's her brain injury from her stroke, etc.
Fearless, hope all went well today.
Autumn Tree, glad to see you! How fun to take your niece and nephews to the Big Cat Sanctuary. I should think of trying to do that too sometime. We must have one around here. I have a niece and 3 nephews I adore with all my heart. They're at the age where they are starting their own lives and I love to see them, when I can. 4 beautiful kids. Really good kids too. Grateful for my niece and nephews.
Love and peace to all of you. Have a wonderful evening.
Old 11-06-2020, 03:35 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

(((Daisy))) So glad Mr DB came home today! I will continue to pray for his recovery and that he gets his strength back soon.

Grateful that today is Daisy's anniversary! Two years and seven months sober! Way cool.
Old 11-06-2020, 03:39 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Congrats, Daisy!. Wonderful news on your soberversary!
Old 11-06-2020, 05:18 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Grateful for Daisy’s news. That’s awesome! Continued support and prayers
i did not sleep hardly at all last night so I will be going to bd early tonight. Love you all!
Old 11-06-2020, 05:31 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

(((Fearless)))
Old 11-06-2020, 10:54 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  

DB so glad Mr DB came home!! Aly, isn't aunt life the best?!?
grateful for a long nap today, grateful for soft pretzels and for a Saturday with no plans ahead of me. Have a great weekend my friends in the computer!
Old 11-07-2020, 12:28 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Grateful that Daisy's DB got discharged from the Hospital & is Home!! YAY!!
Grateful to have read all of your posts.
Grateful for Astro's photo of his Home away from home! Looks way more comfortable than I imagined it to be!
Grateful for all the chores that I got done today.
Grateful for all of you & for SR.

Old 11-07-2020, 02:28 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by TiredCarpenter View Post
Grateful for each sober breath.
Amen to that.

Grateful that I made it through my first night of event security doing bag checks. Grateful I don't drink anymore, that NASCAR crowd is willing to fight over their about to be confiscated alcohol! Lol

Daisy, prayers for Mr DB's strength to get back up in the coming weeks. Don't worry about those squirrels, my wife prays for their safety and that usually works
Old 11-07-2020, 03:18 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great news Daisy

D
Old 11-07-2020, 04:05 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Daisy, prayers continue and wishes for all being well still coming your way for you, Mr. D and your beautiful family. We are so lucky to have you here. All my love.
Fearless, glad you have a plan for your hearing aids. Sometimes these things we need are crazy expensive and you kind of wonder why insurance won't pay for them. I mean, they are pretty necessary. They have some great ones these days. I know it will all work out. How did your presentation go? Probably why you've been so tired.
Grateful for Astro and Least and the non judgemental kindness of both. I was thinking about your daughter and Keva and thinking what a wonderful thing that she did for that dog. Completely saved her from a horrible fate. Awesome. And Least faithfully providing shelter and food for her strays. Such selfless acts that takes a lot of commitment.
A.T., I love being an aunt too. Don't get me started on those kids, I can go on. But now that you mention it, I can be grateful to drop them back home too sometimes.
Grateful for TC and HR too. Grateful to see Dee as well!
Have a wonderful evening all. Pleasant Dreams. Love and peace.
Old 11-07-2020, 04:45 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Heya all

I'm grateful
-that our election is mostly over
-to FaceTime with my niece this morning (mostly to watch my Dad glow with joy to see her face and hear her voice)
- for possible snow tomorrow

Onward.