Notices

Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 89

Old 10-26-2020, 02:12 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for a nap with Billie snuggled beside me.
Old 10-26-2020, 06:32 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Another day in the bag.

I'm grateful for

- watching my Dad watch a tow truck load a car off the icy street below our apt (his criticisms were hilarious)
-family I can turn to at this tough time
-the high voter turn out right now in the US
-getting a bit done on finances

May Tuesday be a good one for you all.
Old 10-26-2020, 06:47 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Grateful today has had less stress. I didn't get everything I wanted to do done. There is always tomorrow.
Grateful I got an appointment with Luke's vet for tomorrow morning. He has a vascular cyst on his head that has gotten bigger in the last week. I am praying it's an easy fix and not something serious. I've been around a lot of animals and worked for Equine vets for a while too, and I'm not liking the way it looks. I'm hoping he's not in pain, but hard to see how it could not be painful. I was so hoping it would go away. Grateful for our new vets and that they could squeeze us in. They aren't letting vet hospitals let people in still. You have to stay in your car and wait outside. They take the dog for treatment and the vet calls on the phone and talks to you or comes outside if you're lucky. It works.
Grateful to be grateful. Grateful for some very kind people in my life.
Grateful for all of you. Sleep well!
Grateful for the high voter turn out in the U.S. too!
Old 10-26-2020, 07:32 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful that the internet has given me so many lovely friends. Truly grateful. Also grateful to know so many animal lovers.
Old 10-26-2020, 08:03 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Grateful to get chance to check in, I'm sorry to have been away so long, I've missed you all. Mr DB came home from work on Friday, quite poorly and has been the same ever since. We're waiting on results of a covid test. So back to home schooling for g.son until the test result comes through, at the least. On top of that our town has been put back onto tier 3 Lockdown ( the highest level) for 28 days. Stressful times.

Grateful to feel well myself.
Grateful for a sense of humour and a lot of patience. I need them both.
Grateful for the serenity prayer.
Grateful I have this place to come and vent.
Grateful for a cup of tea.
Grateful for all of you.

Aly, prayers for you and Luke, I hope he is okay. xx
Old 10-26-2020, 10:11 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Daisy, I Hope mr Db is negative and everything is ok
i want to say more but my eyes are closing! Grateful for all of you. Your friendship means so much!
Old 10-26-2020, 10:20 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Aly - I hope Luke is ok!
DB - I hope Mr DB starts to feel better soon.
Notch - how are you doing?

I seem to be getting a matter class in the serenity prayer these days... It feels like nothing is in my control - the possible sale of my house, finding a new job in possibly a new city, the election, etc. But like I read in a book this weekend, everything will be ok if I don't drink. Even if it's not ok.

So so grateful for this community that has quickly become the anchor point of my nights. Grateful for a delicious nyt recipe I made tonight - braised white beans. And grateful that I have a job interview Friday. Good night, all!
Old 10-27-2020, 06:29 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Good luck on that job interview Autumn Tree!

Aly, I hope Luke's OK Daisy, sending prayers that Mr DB is well and recovering quickly, and I'm sorry to hear you're locked down again. My coworker has taken the week off after testing positive, we both work from home, it's going to be a busy week but I'm grateful he's protecting his family.

Grateful for warm jackets, we finally dipped below 50 here for a couple nights so my morning walks are a bit chillier.
Old 10-27-2020, 08:43 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Thank you for all the good vibes for Luke! I am touched.
Daisy, prayers for Mr. D and you. I hope he's feeling better soon and it's not covid. Fingers crossed.
Autumn Tree, best of luck on the job interview. This is really one of my favorite threads.
I just wanted to check in, I feel asleep early last night and didn't make it here.
Love and peace to all of you. Grateful for all of you so very much. Grateful for my blessings and to keep reminding myself of them.
Old 10-27-2020, 02:47 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AutumnTree View Post
Notch - how are you doing?
Better today. Not quite bedtime, but working towards that direction.

Grateful for the support system here on SR.
Grateful for a roof over my head.
Grateful for my little girl who wants endless hugs when I come home from work.
Old 10-27-2020, 04:22 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful that my age grants me free rides on the public transit van in town. Grateful that Billie was a good girl when I was out and didn't pee in the crate. Autumn Tree, good luck on the interview. DB, sending prayers for Mr DB's health.

Old 10-27-2020, 04:57 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Thank you all, he's still poorly, we thought he was out of the woods today but he's been ill again tonight, it seems to come over him in waves. He's in bed at the moment, hopefully the test results will be with us tomorrow and then at least we'll know one way or the other. I haven't seen him this ill in a long time.

Grateful to be sober and able to look after Mr D.
Grateful to help my g.son carve some pumpkins and decorate the porch.
Grateful that my daughters covid test was negative, she works in the hospital and all the staff have been swabbed.
Grateful for a telephone conversation with her.
Grateful for my mum phoning twice to check that I'm okay.
Grateful for a little doorstep chat with my nice neighbour.
Grateful that I am well.
Grateful for the serenity prayer.
Good luck with your interview on Friday Autumn tree.
Grateful for this thread and all who post on it, you keep me grounded.

Love to all of you.

Keep safe xxx

Old 10-27-2020, 07:17 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

(((Mr DB))) More prayers going up for your beloved, Daisy.
Old 10-27-2020, 08:08 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Good to read all your posts tonight. It makes me feel like I'm on a team serious about doing whatever we can to make the world better even if the "better" is just each of us not drinking and practicing gratitude.

Tonight I'm grateful for getting to listen to a podcast about vaccines and bacteria with my Dad. He has quite a bit of dementia going on but was a science teacher and totally understood the podcast. I did not. He was trying to explain something about "gram negative" which has something to do with bacteria. It made me happy to see him alert and tuned into the subject.

May everyones' ailing family, both the fuzzy ones ad the less fuzzy ones, heal.

Peace all.

Old 10-27-2020, 08:43 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Smile

I'm grateful that I was advised to start practicing gratitude when I was early in recovery and not 'feeling it'. The habit of being grateful has completely changed my life. Gratitude grows and multiplies and can be given freely. What a wonderful thing is Gratitude. I will never forget Fearless's signature line about making Gratitude your religion if you don't already have one. Wonderful piece of advice. Fearless, your uncle had it nailed.
Old 10-28-2020, 12:32 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Thank you all for the well wishes with my interview! Tonight I'm grateful to go to bed having showered and brushed my teeth - these things rarely happened when I was drinking. I'm grateful that so many people have shared their stories of recovery in books and blogs - they help me not feel alone. Thinking about you all - good night.
Old 10-28-2020, 06:19 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by Bekindalways View Post
It makes me feel like I'm on a team serious about doing whatever we can to make the world better even if the "better" is just each of us not drinking and practicing gratitude.
That's a good way to put it into perspective, thank you!

(((Daisy))) sending up prayers for Mr DB, and for anyone that is ailing right now.

Grateful for plenty of jackets in the house, grateful for the flannel I threw on for my morning walk. So so grateful for my daily cup of coffee. I woke up this morning and just wanted to stay in bed, but that first cup of the day gets me raring to go!
Old 10-28-2020, 01:24 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Hi all, it isn't bedtime but I'm feeling a need for a double dose of gratitude practice today:

Grateful for
- finding a large package of toilet paper when I thought we were almost out
-hearing my 14 year old nephew use the phrase "spurious correlation" in conversation!
-having meetings and appointments today which makes the day go faster

Least I like this >>>>>"Find the good and praise it." - Alex Haley . . . . Also I just like to pay attention to it . . . .I'm thinking/hoping there is some constructive interference of an energy boost for myself and for the good.

Hope you all are moving through the end of Wed okay.
Old 10-28-2020, 07:51 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Well darn I apparently lost a whole post from last night. I had all these specific things to say to each of you 😊 Maybe I forgot to hit post reply or I timed out. Anyway, grateful to be here. Have been thinking about Mr Db and hoping he is ok
Bekind- It’s always the little things we forget to be grateful for sometimes 😊 Spurious correlation. Wow. I want to find a way to use that!
Grateful my morning meeting got rescheduled to Friday so I have more time to prepare
Grateful sonny boy rocked his math test. 100%. Woot!
Grateful for a long run
Grateful for a hot bath
Grateful Mr F made dinner for sonny boy
Grateful my Dad had a better day
Grateful to watch final episode of Handmaids Tale S1 tonight
Old 10-28-2020, 07:52 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Aly, is Luke ok?