View Single Post
Old 10-31-2020, 04:58 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  
Alysheba

LOL, Least. I have done that so many times. Once, I swear I thought I checked it and I actually called a tech to the house to find it wasn't plugged in the way it should be. I was so embarrassed. The tech had a on crush on me and only charged me $25. But I couldn't blame it on the dog. Funny, he asked me out a year or two later, he actually called my mom for my number, he knew her. I went out with him once. I told him I wanted to start very slowly and be friends for now. He starts trying to put his arm around me and stuff like that, moving really close. I was so mad because I felt he betrayed the agreement we had. I stood up and asked him to leave. He called a couple of times but I never went out with him again. I hate it when men or women don't listen to me and clearly he heard nothing I said. So, he got the boot. Grateful that I know what I don't want and I'm not afraid to ask dates to leave if they make me uncomfortable or I just don't want them there anymore. I've done it many times. I have a low tolerance for stupid, disrespectful behavior. If they can't treat me as well as my dad did and have the good manners he did and I was raised with and if they don't listen to me, I won't deal with it. Or games or married men, etc. Grateful I'm really comfortable around men and my whole career was mostly with male lawyers, I have often been the only woman at partner's meetings or BOD meetings for Finance and Accounting. You learn to get tough with lawyers too. Your have to stand up for your work and yourself and be confident, even if you don't feel it. Although I think they gave me a possible nervous breakdown, I sure did learn a lot about sticking up for myself and dealing with difficult people, which I do really well, when I have a reason to. My girlhood among the outlaws. I was so young when I started working for them.
Any way just an aside.
Grateful for all the places I've lived and the experiences I've had as a childless single woman. Just the way things turned out. Grateful to have had horses for 40+ years and all my dogs and cats. All of them were my babies, like my kids. I've had some very, very cool experiences and dated some fascinating men and some royal jack asses. You have to learn to be tough about getting rid of them!
That's all. Nite all.