Notices

Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 89

Old 10-21-2020, 04:07 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Welcome Autumntree, it's good to have you join us and it's good to have another animal lover, I think all of us here are.

Welcome Kenton, delighted to have you with us. xx

I'm really, really tired tonight so I'm not posting much, though I have read all your wonderful grats.
Grateful to be here with you all.

Thinking about you Aly, Fearless and Opi.

Lots of love

Keep safe. xxx
Old 10-21-2020, 04:30 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome, Kenton and Autumn tree!
Grateful for everyone who posts on this thread. Everyone here is a dreamboat
Grateful I have made it this far fasting for my procedure all day and tomorrow too. I have to be at the hospital at Noon and I think the procedure done at 1pm. I think they may put me out or something because my mom with pick me up in her new car. It is that beautiful, almost Maserati blue, that I love. White leather seats, clean windows, which Luke with leave his mark on soon enough. Tomorrow probably!
Sometimes I get weird when I have to fast for a long time, low blood sugar or something, so if I sound oddly, it's from fasting. Grateful I'm getting through it.
Thinking of you all too, Least♥, Fearless♥, Daisy♥, Astro♥, BKA♥, Opi♥ and of course our wonderful newcomers and anyone I may have accidentally forgotten!
Love and peace. Pleasant Dreams all.
Old 10-21-2020, 05:43 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Thank you all for such a wonderful welcome! Aly I hope you have an easy fast! I recently tried to fast for yom kippur and made it about 19 hours before giving in - it's hard!
I'm grateful for the kind and loving reactions I have gotten from friends and family I have disclosed my sobriety too. I'm grateful we are one day closer to an election in my country... I'm so anxious! And I'm grateful to call it an early night tonight. Sleep well everyone!
Old 10-21-2020, 05:51 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful that Billie ate all of her delicious supper and then did a Lawrence Welk on our after supper walk.
Old 10-21-2020, 08:17 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hey all, I'm calling it a day

I'm grateful for getting to go over and see my nephews. A fox had gotten into the ducks. I helped my 6 foot tall, 14 year old nephew as he tenderly and meticulously soaked off an old bandage and put on a new bandage on his wounded duck. Love that kid. I know there are many wonderful children and young people who are going to be pitching in in the future to make this world better.

One day at a time all.
Old 10-21-2020, 10:57 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Grateful to read all your posts.
Aly, good luck tomorrow. I’ll be thinking of you
Grateful for a productive day. Long,though and I’m exhausted. Having trouble winding down so I think I’ll turn on a meditation. Speaking of that, grateful Mr F got the cable squared away in the spare room. It’s now my zen room and I’m going to be doing meditation and yoga Youtube in there
Night everyone
Old 10-22-2020, 12:30 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Grateful to be back in the saddle

Grateful for my thunder and lightning CD, which is the most amazingly relaxing CD I've ever heard

Grateful for the beautiful colours in my garden

Grateful for my husband. Every single second xxxx
Old 10-22-2020, 12:31 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Grateful to wake up to a beautiful morning!
Grateful to have a plumber over to fix a pipe leak.
Grateful to have running water!
Grateful to have nice neighbors.
Grateful for the delish meals I had today.
Grateful for SR & all of you!
Old 10-22-2020, 12:39 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Devizes View Post
Grateful for my thunder and lightning CD, which is the most amazingly relaxing CD I've ever heard
Sorry Devizes...but, that wouldn't be a RELAXING CD for me!!
Old 10-22-2020, 05:58 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
I'd enjoy the thunder & lightning CD too!

Aly, praying that your fasting went well and the procedure goes smoothly. Thinking of you all the way through!

Grateful that I got through a strange and difficult task for a side job yesterday, the paycheck was worth it. Grateful for the exhaustion and to just relax when I got home.
Old 10-22-2020, 01:16 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HReady View Post
Sorry Devizes...but, that wouldn't be a RELAXING CD for me!!
It's a fairly muted thunder just rolling away in the background with steady rainfall. Gorgeous!
Old 10-22-2020, 02:10 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for a long walk with my beloved beagirl Billie just now. She's my walking buddy during the day and my snuggle buddy at night.
Old 10-22-2020, 02:32 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Grateful to be sober, present and calm tonight.
Grateful to be feeling better, I was getting over what I think was a migraine last night and was still feeling nauseous and tired, grateful that it wasn't an alcohol induced one.
Grateful for the serenity prayer, the sick man prayer and the just for today prayer.
Grateful to have lost 2lbs this week, it's going in the right direction at last, lol.
Grateful that my Lulu cat is indoors.
Grateful for a telephone conversation with my mum.
Grateful that Mr D.B has gone to bed early, the t.v is off and all is quiet.
Grateful for the sound of silence.
Grateful to read Autumn's post about Yom Kippur, I'd never heard of it so I Googled it and now I've learnt something new, so thank you A.T. x
Grateful to read about Bekind's kind and thoughtful nephew, you must be very proud of him B.K.A and rightfully so.
Grateful that Astro got through his strange and difficult task and grateful he was paid for it. it all helps.

I hope all went well for you today Aly, thinking about you and sending you lots of love with a big, gentle hug. Take good care of yourself my lovely. xxx

Goodnight all, keep safe.

lots of love xx

Old 10-22-2020, 03:44 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Left the house this morning at 4am. Plan to do the same tomorrow with hopes to knock off at lunch time to work outside.

Thankful for a nice Indian Summer day. Thankful I got a decent workout in late this afternoon. Thankful to know where I will lay my head tonight, and that I'll have food to eat in the morning.
Old 10-22-2020, 07:19 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Thank you so much, my dear friends! Things went really well. Great doctor. I am so resistant to certain medicines and always have been. Just an aside, I wonder if people who have the tendency to addiction can be born somewhat resistant to certain drugs or whatever making them have to take an awful lot in order for them to work. I have heard so many times, 'I've given her blah blah blah and she's still not asleep'. Today I was watching the procedure on a little TV, while the doctor explained. Very interesting. I talked with the doctor the whole time. I had one thing removed and they'll have it tested, but this has happened before and it was fine, so I'm not worried. I think all the good feelings and vibes sent my way must have really helped. One of the nurses said, most people are out for an hour and I was up and ready to go, PDQ! Thank you all for the support.
Grateful it went well and I know when I get the test, I have faith that will be well too.
Grateful Least got a nice walk in with Billie tonight.
Daisy so lovely to see you tonight. Sleep well, you, my friend, and everyone here. Love and peace to you all. Of course, now I may put some scary smileys up...
Old 10-22-2020, 07:40 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Hi all my new gratitude friends. I'm so enjoying being a part of this community.
Least - what does is mean that Billie did a Lawrence Welk on your walk?
Bekindalways - I hope your nephew's duck is recovering!! A fox or raccoon got into my chicken coop this spring and I moved the surviving chicken into the house to recover! She loved to watch law and order with me at night - oy.
Fearlessat50 - I love the idea of a Zen room!! You're giving me ideas.
Devizes - I would listen to thunder cds all day long!
HReady - amen for plumbers! The most important emergency number I have!
Astro - I love the idea of being grateful for exhaustion. That really resonates with me so thank you.
Daisy Belle - I've never heard of the sick man prayer or the just for today prayer but I've googled them now and they're great so thank you for teaching me something today!
Notch8 - what can I say? 4am! Awesome! I admire your early bird ethic! Since I'm funemployed I rarely get to bed before 2am.
Aly - I'm so glad it went well!! Am I the only one who thinks watching it on tv would be kinda cool?!? I'm glad you're not stressing about the results - take good care of yourself tonight.

Today I'm so grateful that it was cloudy and rainy - a rarity where I live. I'm grateful to spend time with my brother and little niece and I'm also grateful to turn down a social invitation without guilt - I knew I needed alone time this afternoon and I protected that need! Good night all!
Old 10-22-2020, 09:18 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Autumn the chicken watching Law and Order with you made me laugh. The wounded ducks aren't out of the woods but they are hanging in there.

Grateful for today
- a foggy morning which is unusual for my part of the country so I enjoy it
-climbing into bed in the evening done with the day and whatever it brought

Peace to all of you.
Old 10-22-2020, 10:10 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

I’m grateful for those prayers too Daisy. Glad your migraine is dissipating
Aly, glad the procedure went well
I will have to search for a thunder and lightning YouTube video. I would enjoy if it’s the soft rolling kind. But no loud booms. That’s why I don’t like classical music
Grateful my boss approved of me taking two more certification courses for work. These are more in depth than the previous ones and will take several months. I’m excited!
Grateful to be efficient and be able to take on these extra personal and professional goals
Grateful to talk to my Dad over FT with his nurse. It’s a bunch of gibberish and he had an angry day He’s going through a paranoia phase. He thinks someone stole 50 million from him. Lol. He’s mixing up millions with thousands. . The nurse said he is comforted by my presence and seemed to calm down after the call. Grateful he got recertified for hospice.
Grateful for my Alzheimer’s support group and to be able to offer support and advice to a new member. We are all here to help each other!
Old 10-23-2020, 06:41 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by Devizes View Post
It's a fairly muted thunder just rolling away in the background with steady rainfall. Gorgeous!
I'm praying for some of the real stuff this weekend, we haven't seen rain in ages in Phoenix!

Originally Posted by AutumnTree View Post
Least - what does is mean that Billie did a Lawrence Welk on your walk?
I love the explanation of this, and I'll leave that up to least! It's so cute.

Aly - Huge praise report on your procedure, awesome, love it!

The next few days will be very busy, lots to do and experience and none of it requires alcohol. Ain't that a miracle?! I'm grateful for opportunities to hike and hunt this weekend, and I'm grateful for plans with my wife on Sunday.
Old 10-23-2020, 06:24 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Heya all,

I'm grateful for

- baked brie for dinner (brie in pastry - yum)
-phone calls with my brother and sister
- my Dad laughing when I give him a hard time