Notices

Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 89

Old 10-13-2020, 03:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 89

last part here
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...t-88-a-19.html (Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 88)

D
Old 10-13-2020, 04:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Thanks for the new part Dee!

Tonight I'm grateful for Billie, Lily, and Franny. They keep me sane and grounded in these perilous times. I am grateful that I'm sober to take good care of them.
Old 10-13-2020, 05:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you, Dee!
Grateful for a mostly easy day. There were probably some errands I could have/should have run, but after I did the laundry and took Luke for his walk, I just really didn't feel like doing much. Grateful that I can do that right now. ODAAT
Grateful for a very lovely day. Not too hot, although warmer this afternoon and pretty out. My lungs and eyes still feel something in the air.
Grateful for all of you so much.
So tired tonight, but grateful to read all the posts. Love to all of you!
Have a wonderful evening.
Old 10-13-2020, 07:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Grateful for the new thread, thank you Dee.
Grateful that Fearless has the right attitude re sonnyboy's guitar lessons, it's excellent that you're not a pushy parent and it's really good that you are making him take some responsibility over telling his teacher. There's every chance that he will pick it up again when he's older. I hope he sticks with the karate, I have the same hope for my g.son, he is also ready to take his black belt, he would have it by now if it wasn't for the Lockdown restrictions, fingers crossed for both of them.
Grateful to be well.
Grateful to be posting again soberly at stupid o clock in the morning.
Grateful for the peace and quiet.
Grateful to see Least and Aly on the page with me.
Grateful for all of you. xxx
Old 10-13-2020, 10:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you, everyone! Astro, love that story about your music history. Least, thank you for the message and hug also. I needed it. Today was rough. It was hard to say goodbye to guitar teacher even though it went well and sonny boy handled it well. I am grateful for the time he has had learning music, first piano, them guitar and trumpet. Maybe he’ll pick something up again later. Either way, it’s ok. I care more about his happiness and being socially connected with friends than anything.
Aside from the guitar goodbye, it was difficult talking to my Dad. He was very down this morning. He cried at the end and was trying to hide it from me. I broke down in tears when we hung up. I am grateful that he still knows me and is comforted by me, that I can keep it together when I talk to him and I can cry to the social worker after. I’m grateful that I am scheduled to have a FT with him tomorrow with the nurse.
Grateful the school district is working hard to come to an agreement with the teachers union. It looks like reentry may not happen after all this year. Maybe not even until there’s a vaccine. Grateful that distance learning school is possible because of technology, and it’s going well
Grateful for scientists working hard on a vaccine
Grateful for those who give back and volunteer. I am searching for ways I can give more of myself too. I signed up for Charity Miles as a start. I’m hoping it will motivate me to be more consistent with running while also donating. I designated Alzheimer’s Association as my charity.
Grateful for this very special place. We are all giving back in our own way by supporting each other and others struggling with addiction and alcoholism.
Old 10-14-2020, 06:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Love to hear that you're looking to volunteer Fearless! I was "relieved" of some service work last month so I'm also looking for new opportunities.

Grateful that Dee-dude started a new grat thread

Grateful for all the income producing side work I have this week. I was whining to myself about being so busy this morning, but I really need the $$ after my trip to WA.
Old 10-14-2020, 09:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

((Fearless)) I'm so sorry to hear how upsetting the situation with your dad is. You are in my prayers and always sending love. What a good daughter and parent you are. All my love and peace to you. Take care of yourself, which I'm so glad to see you reaching out.
It's morning, but I just had to reach out to you.
I will try and check in a little later.
Grateful for you all so very much.
Old 10-14-2020, 01:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

(((Fearless))) That's a good choice of the Alzheimers Association to support. I'm sorry your dad is feeling down. I remember crying most days after I'd get home from visiting mom in the Place. It was depressing to see her cognitive abilities slowly fading. I'm just glad we found the Place for her to live and be safe and well cared for.

Today I am grateful for a long walk with Billie, my walking buddy. I love to watch her sniffing everything and looking around, taking in the sights. I am grateful for her company and grateful to see her little tail wagging as she walks.
Old 10-14-2020, 05:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Got my workout in, a little web time and now some bedtime reading. Then lights out. Thankful for a safe day, my supportive family and a God above that could've given up on me a long time ago but didn't.
Old 10-14-2020, 06:19 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Smile

Grateful to look at Billie, sleeping on the rug after a good supper, and feel my heart overflow with love for her. I love the feeling of being so full of love it spills over. Sometimes I feel so much love for her it makes me cry tears of joy.

Old 10-14-2020, 07:32 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Checking in and reading your posts makes me feel so much better. Grateful for each of you!
Grateful to run three miles today and turn on my charity miles app. Going for another run tomorrow. The idea of running and keeping fit while giving back motivates me
Grateful to talk to my Dad over FT with the nurse today. He stuttered a bit, thought he had carrots in his wallet and coins for lunch and it really made me laugh. But he was in much better spirits. He also thought I was in TX and he was in CA, and that I was also on my way to pick him up to go somewhere. Lol.
Grateful to let some things from the past go, to realize that people can and do change, but regardless it’s none of my business. What really matters is that I am treated fairly and with respect. This is a work situation with lots of politics involved and I won’t go into detail. I am glad that I’m near the end of my career and will hopefully retire in six years. Woot! Or at least be financially able to do so if I choose. I may continue working part time for enjoyment
Grateful Mr F caught the water leak from the fountain he fixed recently. It saturated the carpet but think it will be ok. He is patching it up with some sort of sealant and we will put it in the garden while it has some life left.
Grateful a coworker valued an idea I had
Grateful for a beyond burger. So good!
Old 10-14-2020, 08:58 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Free.

Grateful for sober breaths.
Grateful for peace of mind.

Old 10-15-2020, 12:45 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by Fearlessat50 View Post
Grateful for a beyond burger. So good!
I think my wife bought shares of Beyond Burger so I'm grateful to you!

Grateful that (hopefully) my dentist will finally get my permanent crown cemented in this afternoon after having the temporary in for four months.
Grateful that my wife and I have everything we need and our employers are keeping us working from, it's a little crazy "out there".
Old 10-15-2020, 03:04 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for a nice nap with Billie today. Grateful for all I'm blessed with, especially my Grat friends.
Old 10-15-2020, 03:55 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Not as productive of a day as I woke up to, but here we are.

We're having a hotdog social at work tomorrow so I made a crockpot of Texas beans to go with it.

Got my workout in, saw a train go by the park, home for a shower, and now some web time. Hope to watch an episode of Blue Bloods before reading a little, then lights out.

Thankful for the cool fall weather and the rain we are getting in the next day or so. Thankful for completing day six of sobriety, looking to bag a full week by end of day tomorrow!
Old 10-15-2020, 04:48 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Oh today was a rough one. Grateful, although still early here, it will be over soon.
Grateful for what I'm hoping is the last heatwave of the season, but who knows these days?
Grateful I got to talk to one of my doctors on the phone today. He usually makes me feel better. He restores my faith in humanity. Grateful to have him and my neurologist for doctors. I have been seeing neurologist since I've been a teenager for my migraines and I've never liked any of them at all. I used think there was something wrong with the type of person who went into that kind of medicine. The one I have now, I love, he's funny, handsome, very kind. I'm so grateful to have found a neurologist I really like, finally.
Grateful to no longer drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes. Thinking about it almost gives me a headache. Grateful that I was able to quit smoking while trying to get sober. I actually used a quit smoking thread here on SR and it's probably been at least 6.5 years since I quit. Feels like a ball and chain is gone. I am always a work in process, it seems.
Grateful to be trying to practice being a better person. Some days it works better than others.
Grateful for all of you. Have a wonderful sleep tonight all.
Old 10-15-2020, 04:55 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

(((Aly))) Sending you love and hugs.
Old 10-15-2020, 05:02 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Thank you, my dear Least. You mean so much to me. Hoping all is well in your world. Give Billie and the kitties a pet and a hug from me.
Old 10-15-2020, 08:14 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Me too, TC about having peace of mind
Astro, that’s awesome. Maybe I should look into that stock too. I should have a long time ago. I guess we’d all be rich if we had a crystal ball. Glad you’re getting the crown taken care of
Aly, I’m sorry it was a hard day. Lots of love and hugs coming your way
Notch, congrats on day six!
Grateful to help my dad getting his dentures fixed. He broke the bottom weeks ago and has t been eating well. It was hard finding a mobile dentist to go out and I had to pay out of pocket but fortunately it did not cost as much as I expected. Grateful for that!
Grateful to finish another certification course for work and professional/personal development
Grateful sonny boys math teacher is accelerating him to a higher level
Grateful Mr F is a problem solver and stays calm in all sorts of ways. We have a ceiling leak and need to figure this out or get a contractor out soon. Grateful to be thrifty with our money so when these things happen we are hopefully prepared. As Astro said, also grateful for my job and feeling of security in that area
Grateful that my soon to be new boss is someone I’ve known and worked with for many years and expecting that things won’t change much. She’s also still going to be reporting to the current boss who loves me so if any issues come up....
Grateful to be planning for a timely retirement but also be flexible
Old 10-15-2020, 08:23 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Grateful to go to bed sober as per usual these days.
Grateful for a telephone conversation with my daughter and to be able to work out some child care arrangements for her.
Grateful live in g.son had a good day at school and also went to bed early tonight.
Grateful to be well.
Grateful to post here, I do try and do it regularly but it doesn't always work out that way.
Grateful for all my grat pack friends.