Notices

Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 89

Old 10-15-2020, 08:43 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

(((Fearless))) Glad you're getting things worked out. Sonny Boy must be pretty darn smart. I always did badly at math. I 'got' language easily but numbers eluded me. I would think I'd love numbers as I'm very logical and math is logical. But alas, I just don't 'get' math. I do better at basic math now after a lifetime of using it, but more complicated math is still over my head.

Tonight I'm grateful for my peaceful corner of the world. The rest of the world outside may seem to be going to hell in a handcart, but my little corner of it is a peaceful haven of love.

Grateful to look at Billie and Lily lying on the rug and happy as they can be. And to know that I am responsible for their happiness is such a reward for me. Getting sober was the best thing I've ever done for myself. Grateful to share my journey with all of you.
Old 10-16-2020, 06:52 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by least View Post
Tonight I'm grateful for my peaceful corner of the world. The rest of the world outside may seem to be going to hell in a handcart, but my little corner of it is a peaceful haven of love.
Most of my prayers lately have been for peace and rest in our country, I fear the worst is yet to come but I'm also grateful for our peaceful home, may it keep us safe and sheltered.

Aly- I'm sorry you had a rough day but I'm sure glad you like your new doctor. I'd like to choke my former dentist for doing such a poor job on my crown but the new dentist is doing her best to make it right, hopefully just one more appointment to get the new one in. Isn't it great to be free from the bondage of nicotine? I quit chewing tobacco in '04, my drinking went through the roof but that's all part of the journey that landed me in recovery. Grateful!

Fearless- I'll be thinking of you tomorrow when I'm up on our roof replacing a tile, I can't afford a contractor right now and I'm grateful we're thrifty too.

I'm grateful it's Friday. I have a lot of chores to do over the weekend but I'm also going to spend some time cooking chili and pinto bean soup, and smoking a ham and 4 trout.
Old 10-16-2020, 02:07 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful to go for a long walk with my beloved companion Billie. Her company is all I need to be happy.
Old 10-16-2020, 05:50 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Tonight I am grateful to go to bed alcohol free. For some reason, probably because I felt so resistant to alcohol, I was thinking about it today. It could also be family dynamics which are still not what one would call "functional" at all. Grateful to be free from booze. ODAAT.
Grateful for 2 years 8 mos sober on the 17th (I hope I'm right). Funny I've done numbers for a living mostly as a corporate controller for great Bay Area attorneys/law firms and in finance for a big bank. I'm a numbers person, but I can't remember dates for the life of me and I remember numbers! So I hope my days are at close to correct as possible
Thinking about Daisy. I love seeing you here too. I also know sometimes it's difficult to get here every day.
Astro, congrats on quitting tobacco too! It is great to be free. xx
Least wishing you, Billie and the kitties a wonderful evening. I'm so glad you are so peaceful where you live.
Fearless, prayers continue.
Take care and I'm sorry if I forgot anyone.
Have a wonderful evening.
Love and peace, esp to anyone sufferring in any way.
Old 10-16-2020, 06:34 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

2 years 8 mos sober on the 17th
Yay! How cool is that?

Every so often I reflect on my drinking career and I realize how much better my life is sober and it makes me so grateful.

Grateful to share our recovery journeys with each other.
Old 10-16-2020, 06:45 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thank you, Least!
Gratitude is my most powerful tool. That and thinking things through. Gratitude can really be life changing, esp when it almost becomes a lifestyle or an automatic way of thinking.
Old 10-16-2020, 09:11 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Grateful to see you, Daisy! Lately I’m having that issue with the morning thread. Think about it every day but I forget then the day is over.
least, I’m the same with math. I wish I had my son’s math brain. Aly’s too 😊
Aly, glad you got through that moment. I hope you are doing ok in the heat over there. Not sure if you’ve been affected by the power outages. Thinking of you.
Thanks Astro. So great that you are that handy! Hubby may have figured out the leak, that it could have to do with recently replacing the shower head in the upstairs bathroom above the family room. We shall see.
Grateful to have a good chat with my current boss today about future goals
Grateful for sonny boys friend visiting from East coast. She had dinner with us and is going back home this weekend
Grateful for Jamie Lee Curtiss and Halloween. Apart from her movie roles, her sobriety always inspires me
Grateful for no big weekend plans and possibly going for a hike or bike ride. Maybe some art too.
Old 10-17-2020, 06:51 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Grateful for dinner and movie night (at home) with my wife, we had seafood and watched Hubie Halloween which was goofy and fun, and I definitely need some goofiness in my life right now!
Old 10-17-2020, 01:29 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for my walks with Billie. Grateful for her devoted company.
Old 10-17-2020, 03:57 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Thankful for a productive day. Wanted to be wrapped up by noon but it was more like 3pm and called it quits. Watching some TV, got a pork roast in the crockpot. Hope for a good nights rest.... should sleep good after my workout this afternoon.
Old 10-17-2020, 07:16 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Smile Grateful for my sweet beagirl Billie, my snuggle-buddy.

And grateful that living sober makes it possible for me to give her the best possible life.

Old 10-17-2020, 08:11 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Grateful for a five mile run and a ten mile mountain bike ride
Grateful to have time to organize my recipes
Grateful for Icy Hot. Back is sore.
Grateful for a Scrabble game with family and for all the laughs we had
Grateful to let it go after an argument with Mr F
Grateful to be going to an outdoor brunch with friends tomorrow
Old 10-18-2020, 08:37 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Smoked a ham and trout yesterday, made pinto bean soup. Today it's baked acorn squash and chili. Grateful for hobbies like cooking and DIY. Grateful we got the roof temporarily repaired as well as a few other repairs and chores done.
Old 10-18-2020, 03:40 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Big congrats Aly on 2 yrs 8mths, that's just amazing and what's even more amazing is that I'm not far behind you, yay, go us.

Grateful to be ending another weekend sober.
Grateful to feel well.
Grateful for a productive day de-cluttering.
Grateful Mr D.B cut the lawn.
Grateful for no drama.
Grateful that gratitude is a big part of my recovery.
Grateful for all of you. xxx
Old 10-18-2020, 03:55 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Thankful for some time spent with my youngest three children. Went to my favorite spot at the park, saw three trains plus two praying mantis's. Treated them to McDonalds fries afterwards.

Thankful to lay down on my pillow fully aware of things. Looking forward to a new week, not dreading Monday morning like the typical alcoholic I was.

God is good.
Old 10-18-2020, 04:50 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Daisy, I too am glad that gratitude is a huge part of my recovery. I don't remember the person or persons who recommended to me that I start practicing gratitude every day, but I will forever be grateful to them for such good advice.

Tonight I'm glad that it was a productive day. Bro took me to the store where I redeemed my 'points' and got a free big bag of cat food. ($10 off my bill and the cat food was $10) Grateful that my beloved brother takes me to so many places. He is very kind.
Old 10-18-2020, 05:35 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Thank you, Daisy (and Least) for the congrats. Daisy and I are close to being sober date buddies, my dear one, our sober dates are so close. You remind me when I forget. And Least has an amazing amount of sober time under her belt, so we're all in good company.
Grateful to see Daisy tonight!
Grateful for the Grat Pack and the special magic of the Bedtime Grat thread. This is a lovely place to end the day. Hope you all had a good day.
Thinking of you Fearless.
Glad Astro got to smoke some good food this weekend!
I have another covid test tomorrow because of a procedure I have to have next week. I'm okay with it until I heard some tech punctured someone's sinus to their brain! They do have to go up there pretty far, but it's never been excruciating. I'm watching now. I do not want my brain punctured! Just joking, I don't think that will happen. Pretty confident I am negative, but I think if you have it they don't want to do any procedures or ops unless it is life or death.
Grateful for you all. Love to each of you.
Old 10-18-2020, 07:08 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Astro, glad you got the roof repaired. Still not sure if our ceiling leak is resolved. I think so but time will tell. Grateful for patience and to let go of what I don’t have control over
Go Daisy and Aly on soberversaries!
Notch, glad you got to spend time with the kids
Least, my uncle used to say “if you have no other religion, make it gratitude”. I keep it at the bottom of my signature here to remind me.
Gratetful to go to brunch with friends. Grateful that I don’t feel judged by these newer friends and I don’t judge them either.
Grateful to sit outside on the patio with the fountain going
Grateful for a late after noon bike ride with my boys
Grateful, to talk to son about emotional, physical and social wellness and he gets it
Grateful to also inspire son to accelerate in math at his teachers suggestion.
Grateful that we may be going back to in person learning end of Nov after all. Not 100% but looking good.
Old 10-19-2020, 06:29 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Fearlessat50 View Post
Grateful for a late after noon bike ride with my boys
Definitely, got in a couple nice rides this weekend, the weather is cooling down slightly!

Grateful for our cold(ish) mornings, and for a couple hunting/fishing trips I have in the next few weeks to look forward to.
Old 10-19-2020, 03:42 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Thankful for the second Monday in a row that I didn't wake up wondering why I'm not dead!

Thankful for the love of my twins.

Thankful for employment w/ overtime, despite the many people who are out of work.