Notices

Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 89

Old 11-17-2020, 04:17 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

(((Astro))) So glad your biopsy was benign.

Aly, hope you're feeling better and stronger by the day.

Tonight I'm grateful for my family and friends, and of course, for my critters. Grateful that even during the pandemic, I still stay connected to the world.
Old 11-17-2020, 05:09 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Astro . . . ***** for a benign results. I'm relieved for you.
Aly, I have mixed feelings about football but still can enjoy watching a game. I think I would have like playing.

Tonight grateful for:

-the steadying affect of soberrecovery
-managing to get a new operating system on my Dad's computer - hope it works better for him now
-a BBC podcast about widows and women's suffrage - interesting
-another duck snood idea offered by my sister

May Wednesday go well for you all. Good night.
Old 11-17-2020, 07:18 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Awww, thanks Aly. And glad you are feeling better
Astro, really glad the results were good
Daisy, I hope things are good. Thinking of you
Grateful for duck snoods
Grateful to finish a work project that has been stressing me out
Grateful to cancel dinner with friend. With the county in the red again, she was feeling we should reschedule. I got to spend more time with Mr F
Grateful that so far no school district plans to change the reentry school plan. It could change if we go to purple code so we shall remain flexible and open
Grateful the kiddos are learning resiliency at a young age going through this pandemic
Grateful Mr F’s retirement account has rebounded. At least for now
Grateful I may go for a hike tomorrow if it doesn’t rain. If it does, the treadmill and a good Netflix series on my iPad will do.
Old 11-17-2020, 08:11 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Found a cool video on youtube about gratitude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tznztJVsW9E

Old 11-18-2020, 05:12 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Thank you all for the good wishes

Grateful to have so many things in my life to keep me occupied, I'm sure there were days I drank because it was a hobby, and not a healthy one at that.
Grateful that this work week has been busy but pretty low-key. I think we all need that break through the holidays.
Grateful that I've been able to order a few gifts and even started sending some to my son and his GF to set aside until Christmas Day.
Old 11-18-2020, 11:55 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

BKA, I have a lot of ambivalence about football these days too. W/ a fb player dad (he played college ball at Vanderbilt), I cut my teeth on Dick Butkus and Gale Sayers, George Halas, all those old players. It feels like home to me. All 3 of my nephews were awesome football and Rugby players, on line for scholarships. They all tore their ACLs twice and one broke his leg too. The older one suffered several severe concussions which I think may have affected him. He's a great kid, but so withdrawn now. He loves football though. I wish he'd coach. He has such an awesome eye, but he doesn't want to. Their dad was a hockey player (knew a lot of the guys who played on the 1980 Miracle hockey team in the olympics-great movie, Miracle), my niece a county champion swimmer. She coaches swimming now. Huge here in CA. Swim team. She is training for a Triathlon too! They are so athletic naturally. No pushing, they just show up and do it. The twins in college have switched to the strong man track stuff, shot put, discus. They are 3 big, buffed boys. Doting aunt who loves her niece and nephews.
Daisy prayers continue for Mr. DB. Hoping he's gaining weight and strength. Love you so much and love it when you're here. There is something so homey and wonderful about your posts.
Posting early. I think this is the only thread I'm up to posting on right now and I appreciate all the well wishes too.
AT, hoping the move is going well.
Love and peace to you all. posting now in case I'm too tired later.
Have a great day/evening all. All my love to each and every one of you.
Old 11-18-2020, 03:06 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

(((Aly))) Hope you're gaining strength each day.

Tonight I'm grateful for Billie's company when I sleep. Whether it's daytime or nighttime, Billie snuggles in with me and keeps me warm and safe while I sleep. And it's so nice to wake up and she's right next to me.

Old 11-18-2020, 04:16 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Astro, I'm delighted for you, phew what a relief. xx

Grateful to have made it here tonight, I've been awol for a few days, only because there aren't enough hours in the day for me lately.
Grateful that Mr D is getting stronger bit by bit, his breathing is much better and though he's still weak he's progressing well.
Grateful to be well.
Grateful that g/son is learning about world wars 1 & 2 in history and my mum got out my graddads war medals and a brass lizard that a family in Algiers gave him as a thank you for giving their children his chocolate ration and mum let him take them to school for 'show and tell'. His teacher actually projected them and had gson at the front of the class showing the medals and telling the story. I find it quite amazing that over 80 years on his great, great grandson is taking pride in what he did and telling his classmates all about it.
Grateful for Zoom karate lessons.
Grateful for the pink carnations in a vase on the cofee table, they look pretty.
Grateful my little cat is in for the night.
Grateful for step parents like Astro, he's such a good man and his step children are lucky to have him in their lives. I'm sure they know that too.
Thank you Fearless, it's all a bit tough at the moment because here in the U.K we are back in big lockdown from last Thursday to 02 December at least, so no visitors, no help etc. When g.son and myself were in isolation when Mr D was in hospital my brother was dropping supplies off for me on the doorstep. We're out of isolation now and I'm doing the school run and can call in the supermarket etc.Grateful that Sonny boy still likes Lego, it's timeless, we have lots of it.
Grateful that Least's ex is a good dad.
Good luck with your move A.T, I hope it all goes well and look forward to you telling us all about it when you get back.
Grateful that Aly's epidural went well and I hope you're feeling much better now lovely. Baby steps. xx
Grateful that Fearless's hearing aids seem to be working well.
More than grateful that Astro's biopsy was benign. xx
Grateful for this thread and all my lovely friends who live in the lap top. xxx
Old 11-18-2020, 08:31 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Daisybelle View Post
Grateful that g/son is learning about world wars 1 & 2 in history and my mum got out my graddads war medals and a brass lizard that a family in Algiers gave him as a thank you for giving their children his chocolate ration and mum let him take them to school for 'show and tell'. His teacher actually projected them and had gson at the front of the class showing the medals and telling the story. I find it quite amazing that over 80 years on his great, great grandson is taking pride in what he did and telling his classmates all about it.
Heya DB, that is a wonderful story just good stuff all round with kid, family, school and teacher. I hear stories like this and realize good, powerful stuff is going on all over the world and we don't hear of hardly any of it . . . feels good to think this.

Tonight I'm grateful for
-having a decent day
-baked pears with blue cheese and walnuts for lunch (I don't often really cook but love these)
-cleaning behind the washing machine (it was strangely satisfying)
-my Dad had no bathroom accidents and didn't fall

I'm happy to be a friend on all your laptops and devices!
Old 11-18-2020, 10:20 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Hi BKA!

Tonight I am grateful for Billie and Lily and Franny. Their love and company keeps me from feeling lonely these days.

Old 11-19-2020, 05:19 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Just my wife and I here in our home, but we have a huge box of Legos that's around 25 years old, I can't begin to tell you how many children it's entertained for hours!

I'm grateful to hear from all of you and to know that you're doing well in spite of the struggles that we all have to deal with. Aging parents, sick family members, our own aches & pains, but what I'm really grateful for is the fact that we've all come out of our own darkness and now have the ability to show so much care and unconditional love towards others.

It's almost Friday gang, whew it feels good to know that!
Old 11-19-2020, 01:58 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Astro, prayers continue for you to be feeling better and to be able to get a good night's sleep.
Grateful to be feeling a little better, although I was a bit sick again today. I think I'm going to have to try to vacuum tomorrow. The spirit was able but the flesh was weak. I hate it when I need to vacuum and I can't!
Grateful to be thinking of all of you and grateful for your posts.
Wishing you all love and peace tonight and pleasant dreams.

Fearless, have you gotten your hearing aids yet? If so, how are they working out?
Old 11-19-2020, 02:07 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Tonight I'm grateful that my electricity was only off for about an hour. I am grateful to be connected to the world again.
Old 11-19-2020, 02:09 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Me too Least! So glad you're back with us now!!!
Old 11-19-2020, 03:04 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I freaked out when the power was off, so Billie and I took a nap to pass the time.

Grateful for Billie's company.

Give Luke a tummy rub for me.
Old 11-19-2020, 03:35 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Thank you Bekind. xx

Grateful to be tired through work and not alcohol.
Grateful to be well.
Grateful to make chicken and sweetcorn soup for lunch.
Grateful to donate some unwanted toys to someone who needed them.
Grateful for a hot bath.
Grateful that Bekind's dad had no accidents and didn't fall.
Grateful that Least looks after and loves her fur babies so well.
Grateful for Astro's sincerity.
Grateful that Aly is feeling better, don't overdo it A x
Grateful that least managed to log in again.
Grateful for my little cat.
Grateful for a roof over my head and a warm home.
Grateful I don't have to go hungry.
Grateful for this thread and grateful to read your grats.

Night night. xxxxx
Old 11-19-2020, 05:01 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  

The duck saga continues. I knit a smaller more duck-colored snood. We tried it out and the ducks were still terrified of the duck wearing a snood. We have now put the snood on a plastic goose that is in the pen, and hope they get used to it.

I"m grateful for
-arriving for my bike ride to find my nephews pumping up the tires of a bike just for me - I felt loved
-seeing folks outside using the bike path - special shout out to the guy with a walker
-the great feeling after an hour of exercise
-cherry clafoutis for dessert and realizing I have all the ingredients to make it tomorrow
-nephews' suggestion that I make snoods for all the ducks so no one duck stands out and it picked on -

This duck snood is the stupidest thing and just what we all need right now.

Another day in the bag. Stay hydrated, do what you can and surf that AV.
Old 11-19-2020, 05:29 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Your nephew may be on to something! I hope the ducks start to accept the snoods. Good idea to put one on the statue one, BKA. I wish you luck. Your nephew sounds very sweet. I have a soft spot for niece and nephews!
Take care. I hope it works with the snoods because they need them so much.
Old 11-20-2020, 05:24 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Bekindalways View Post
I"m grateful for
-arriving for my bike ride to find my nephews pumping up the tires of a bike just for me - I felt loved
-seeing folks outside using the bike path - special shout out to the guy with a walker
-the great feeling after an hour of exercise.
I'm grateful for duck snoods, because I love reading your shares about them! And I'm also grateful to read about your bike ride, I have some mobility issues due to arthritis and a bad knee but I think the best parts of my day are morning walks and afternoon bike rides.

Least, grateful that you're powered back up and Aly I hope you got the vacuuming done. That's a chore I always dread doing but I appreciate the results so it gets done often!

TGIF! Grateful I can sleep in tomorrow. I've almost forgotten what that's like
Old 11-20-2020, 04:15 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Grateful for another sober Friday night start to the weekend.
Grateful to relax tonight.
Grateful to have time to post.
Grateful for my warm socks.
Grateful for my little cat.
Grateful for a good cup of tea.
Grateful for a hot bath,
Grateful to be reading a good book.
Grateful to read about Bekind's duck saga, in fact I'm enthralled with it.
Grateful that Aly & Astro are always here.
Grateful for this thread and all who post on it. xx