View Single Post
Old 11-18-2020, 11:55 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  
Alysheba

BKA, I have a lot of ambivalence about football these days too. W/ a fb player dad (he played college ball at Vanderbilt), I cut my teeth on Dick Butkus and Gale Sayers, George Halas, all those old players. It feels like home to me. All 3 of my nephews were awesome football and Rugby players, on line for scholarships. They all tore their ACLs twice and one broke his leg too. The older one suffered several severe concussions which I think may have affected him. He's a great kid, but so withdrawn now. He loves football though. I wish he'd coach. He has such an awesome eye, but he doesn't want to. Their dad was a hockey player (knew a lot of the guys who played on the 1980 Miracle hockey team in the olympics-great movie, Miracle), my niece a county champion swimmer. She coaches swimming now. Huge here in CA. Swim team. She is training for a Triathlon too! They are so athletic naturally. No pushing, they just show up and do it. The twins in college have switched to the strong man track stuff, shot put, discus. They are 3 big, buffed boys. Doting aunt who loves her niece and nephews.
Daisy prayers continue for Mr. DB. Hoping he's gaining weight and strength. Love you so much and love it when you're here. There is something so homey and wonderful about your posts.
Posting early. I think this is the only thread I'm up to posting on right now and I appreciate all the well wishes too.
AT, hoping the move is going well.
Love and peace to you all. posting now in case I'm too tired later.
Have a great day/evening all. All my love to each and every one of you.