Notices

Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 89

Old 11-27-2020, 04:43 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by least View Post
Tonight I'm grateful for my daughter ck calling to check on me and to tell me to stay out of the store and that if I need anything, she'll order it and have it delivered. I love my girls so much.
That made me so happy to read that your daughter did that for you!

Grateful that I have lots of holiday lights to put up over the next few days, some for side income and our house too.

Grateful for a fun and small gathering yesterday, my daughter stopped by for coffee in the morning and stepdaughter came by for dinner. Had lots of phone calls with son and other relatives. Just perfect!
Old 11-27-2020, 11:41 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Grateful for a small post. I've missed you all so much. Unfortunately, I think I have been hit with a several day+ migraine, one of the worst I can remember in a long time.
Grateful you are all here. I am with you in spirit, just not up for much of anything. Still trying to get in with the new neurologists. I think I just have to accept that this is a really hard time of year for me and be grateful for the miracles and blessings my life, like all of you!
Fearless, prayers are with you too.
Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Love and peace to you all.
Old 11-27-2020, 02:01 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

(((Aly))) and (((Fearless))), my prayers and friendship go out to you both.

Tonight I'm grateful for my brother taking me to the spring to get water. I'm spoiled by spring water. It's so much better than my city water. The city water's not 'bad', just not near as good as the spring water.

Grateful for a productive walk with Billie. Grateful that last night, after she snuggled in next to me under the blanket, she laid her head on my arm and we fell asleep that way. Snuggling with Billie gives me the best sleep I've ever had.

Old 11-27-2020, 06:44 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Tonights gratitude:

I remembered to put coffee on the shopping list
Dad actually understood a joke on the Big Bang Theory and laughed
darning socks - for some reason I find this satisfying.

I know this is going to be a long ol' winter . . . . just one day at a time and I will get through it.
Old 11-27-2020, 07:33 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I know this is going to be a long ol' winter . . . .
At the start of December, I keep a running count of how many days til April 1st. I know spring starts on March 21, but I don't consider it really spring til the first of April. So I google "how many days til April 1, 2021" and post the number. It's satisfying to see it get smaller and smaller.

I try to look at it from Billie's perspective. Living in the now, in the moment, and cherishing each minute as it comes. At least, that's what I think Billie's perspective might be...
Old 11-27-2020, 07:34 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Fearless I've been thinking of you and your dad. I hope skiing gave your mind and spirit a little break from the rollercoaster.
Aly I'm so sorry about your health stuff lately - that stinks! And it's especially hard to be sick when you're single so you just holler if you need me to order you some soup and ginger ale!
Astro glad you had a nice Thanksgiving with your family and I hope you are feeling better as well (or able to see your doc soon).
DB how's Mr DB doing with those antibiotics?
Least, I'm so intrigued by the idea of going to a spring to get water! I've never heard of such a thing!
BKA....ahem ahem.....need snood pics!....ahem....also glad your dad got a laugh from the big bang theory. I'd never watched it until quarantine and I love it so much.

Grateful:
For a beautiful Thanksgiving meal filled with all the carbsFor my fur babiesThat the AV has left me alone the past two days.
Old 11-27-2020, 09:35 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for another day with my beloved beagirl Billie.

Haiku that came to me after reading Bimini's post on weekenders thread.

Expect nothing and
appreciate everything -
thus will life be sweet.
Old 11-28-2020, 05:36 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Thank you AT, I was good enough yesterday to take a long hike in the desert, looking for quail and rabbits. My wife prays for their safety and I didn't bring home any so her prayers worked Grateful to see the trees in their Fall colors along the Verde River.

Aly, I hope you're resting all weekend. Never dealt with migraines but I'm sure the pain is unbearable, I'm praying for relief to come your way

Grateful to get a couple small paychecks from my event work, then yesterday afternoon the Health Department decided on no more fans allowed for awhile so most of us are temporarily out of work again Such is life, gotta roll with the punches.

Last edited by Astro; 11-29-2020 at 07:08 AM.
Old 11-28-2020, 06:16 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful that Billie ate all her supper and is now resting and digesting. Grateful for Billie's good health.
Old 11-28-2020, 06:20 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Old 11-28-2020, 06:46 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Aly I love your eloquent use of emojis . . . . may you feel better soon.

Man oh man, sometimes I am so resistant to doing a task like this dang lease. (this post will circle back to gratitude in a bit if you can follow along) I get really frustrated with myself as it isn't that tough but I still don't want to do it. I remember feeling this way about school work back in the day; however, I finally got my sister to zoom with me and we went through it together on a shared page, asking questions, making jokes and supporting each other through the crappy legalease language; it helped so much . . . and for this support I am deeply grateful . . . often I figure out that I need more support not just more discipline . . . when this works out I feel so much better.

I hope you all are having an okay weekend.
Old 11-28-2020, 10:13 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Hi all. I’m exhausted and will need to catch up on reading your posts later. Just want to say I am grateful for each of you. My sweet Dad passed today. I did not make it in time to see him. I will write more later but for now I am sleep deprived and completely overwhelmed with so many things that need to be done. I am grateful he had made prior arrangements and for the support of Neptune Society a d hospice. I am more stressed about all of the other things like the outstanding mortgage foreclosure that is still a mess and seems like will never end
I am grateful for all the things my dad taught me about life.
Old 11-28-2020, 10:47 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Oh, Fearless, I am so sorry. My sincere condolences. Prayers continue for you and your father. I hope you make sure to take care of yourself too during this time. Once again, so sorry.
Old 11-28-2020, 10:59 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

(((Fearless))) I am so sorry to hear of your dad's passing. Be sure to take care of yourself during this strange and sorrowful time. Sending you so much love and prayers.
Old 11-28-2020, 11:07 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Thank you, BKA. So kind of you.
Astro, glad to hear you are feeling better.
You all are great friends. So grateful for the bedtime grats and the wonderful people here.
Old 11-29-2020, 07:04 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Fearless, I'm so sorry. One thing I think about often since my father died was that his body and mind are restored to new, there's no more confusion, pain, misunderstandings. I know this time is difficult, I just had to keep going through the motions until I walked through it all the way, I hope your family comes to peace over time. The mortgage foreclosure and any other tasks that need to be accomplished get done one at a time until they dwindle away completely. I actually had a check show up a few weeks ago for my father from some corporate lawsuit. I was able to cash it and distribute the small amount to my brothers. I think that was my Dad saying hello again

I'm grateful for you Fearless, because you remind me that in spite of the difficult challenges I've walked through in recovery, especially the loss of my father after years of his struggle with dementia, I'm still here and I'm almost sure I'm a stronger and better person because I faced those challenges and dealt with them (mostly) with grace.
Old 11-29-2020, 04:29 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Ah Fearless . . . . . . . . .
Old 11-29-2020, 04:37 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Fearless, I am so, so sorry to read about your beloved dad. My heart goes out to you and my thoughts and love are with you. You've been the most amazing daughter to your dad, don't ever doubt that for one moment.

Grateful I checked in here tonight.
Grateful for your kind words re Mr D, thank you all, he had a few rough days, but fingers crossed as today has been a good one and I feel that he's on the road to recovery.
Grateful that I have been sober and able to cope with all that has gone on over the last few weeks, had I have still been drinking I would be in a big mess by now.
Grateful that I am well.
Grateful for a quiet, drama free weekend.
Grateful for the serenity prayer, just for today and the sick man prayer.
Grateful for a sense of humour.
Grateful I have enough money to pay my bills.
Grateful for a text message from my poorly best friend Mandy, she is so kind to even think of me, especially when she has so much going on in her life.
Grateful for a telephone conversation with my lovely daughter.
Grateful for all I have.
Grateful for all of you. xx

Old 11-29-2020, 04:53 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful tonight for Billie's steadfast love and devotion. I can always count on her love. When she lies in my lap, she likes to kiss my hands. So grateful to have earned her trust and affection.
Old 11-29-2020, 08:27 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Aly, by now I really hope your headache is gone
Astro, so sorry for being out of work again. Love that you are putting up Christmas lights. My husband was just saying how it would be nice to pay someone to do it for us. But we won’t this year. He will get it done
least, loved the haiku and really needed to read that tonight. I am copying it for my journal. It’s a keeper
Astro, loved your post, especially about how the mind is restored to new. That’s going into my journal too.
Daisy, I hope that Mr DB is starting to have more good than bad days
thank you all for your kindness about my Dad. My heart is full of gratitude for you and being here always in supporting each other through these life difficulties. It has made such a huge difference in my recovery. I never feel alone. The regular practice of gratitude by itself has changed me. But sharing our gratitude with each other is even better
Grateful that I finally got some sleep last night
Grateful for the outpouring of support and kindness from friends and family
Grateful for friends who can also give expert advice in issues like mortgage foreclosures, VA loans and probate. I am lucky that even though the mortgage issue is ongoing, there has been progress and this is the only difficult issue. My Dad didn’t have much in assets, not that money matters. I am the only living child left, which makes me sad but also relieved that things will not be too difficult. The will was simple.
Grateful that so many people recognized my Dad as being such a kind and loving man.
Grateful my Dad was so organized and had everything in order. I will be doing the same to make things as easy as possible for sonny boy some day
Grateful to have long talks with three close friends today. Especially grateful for my aunt who talked about gratitude. She was married to my uncle who always talked about gratitude. He was a 30 year recovered alcoholic and died from cancer five years ago. I miss him too ❤️
Grateful for this quote “to live in hearts we leave behind is not to die” by Thomas Campbell