Notices

Morning Gratitude ~ Part 95

Old 01-09-2020, 05:05 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Numblady, my son had lots of therapy to learn how to manage his anger and fits of rage! I’m hoping that phase is behind us forever. Congrats on your raise and recognition for your hard work. On your other post, I can learn from your fondness of change and adaptability. I have a hard time with change. But I am learning
Grateful for Mags cat being a mouser. My big cat is too. I recall a time when I thought I saw him playing with his toy mouse, only to find it was a real mouse right on the stair case. We now have the Terminex wild life plan, so no more of that
Grateful for NCJ’s post
Grateful to wake up early and immediately have a strong urge for coffee instead of wine. Not that I ever started drinking at 3 am, but there were a handful of times I had a first drink around 8 am. So grateful that was the old me. Grateful I can’t even imagine ever going back there
Grateful that despite waking up and staying up at 2:30, I still believe in my computer glasses helping me sleep better most of the time. Last nights restless sleep was from an overactive mind stress and worry over some stuff with my Dad yesterday. Grateful to be re-reading my Worry book
Grateful for a major crisis averted and the gas leak at my Dad’s house has been fixed. The house was shown over the weekend and several visitors detected gas. It turns out when the gas and electric company reconnected the gas when the house went on the market, they had forgotten to cap the valve. Gas had permeated the entire house! I shudder at the thought of the catastrophe that could have happened with that one.
Grateful to accept that if my expectations wind up not being met, the worst case scenario is not horrible. Grateful there will be some change and an outcome one way or another in 90 days and I will get through it
Grateful to be in a position to help others as well as be helped by others
Grateful to think about my code of conduct and how just focusing on doing the right thing and having compassion in my exchanges with others lends to a more favorable outcome
Grateful for awareness and sober presence of mind
Grateful for the firefighters in Australia and praying for all those suffering
Grateful to have time to spend on my performance review self assessment today and to have worked really hard last year and have an opportunity to discuss while at same time staying humble
Grateful for each one of you for lifting me up ❤️😊
Old 01-09-2020, 06:17 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

grateful for patience acceptance and tolerance
Old 01-09-2020, 10:04 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Grateful you liked the be a blessing idea - but I think I was more of an annoyance yesterday. Will try again today!
Zip - Me too, but it was a long time coming for me.
Numblady - Amelia Bedelia - I haven't thought of her in many years.
Rose - How nice that you received actual books. I have many on my kindle, but enjoy the real thing to flip through, read the inside cover (dust jacket), etc.
Mags - Lucky mousie to have his life saved.
Fearless - How terrifying to think of what might've happened. Thankful it was detected.
Grateful for the sun.
Grateful for nothing specific to accomplish today.
Grateful for our little family here on this page.
Old 01-09-2020, 12:01 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Grateful to read all these lovely post while I am still dealing with this flu that I expected to be gone days ago!!
Sorry I haven't posted much, it takes it out of me, but I want to make sure I am getting rest. This thing is worse than I thought!
Rusty, prayers continue. ♥
The main reason I'm posting is to express gratitude for every single person here. Love and peace to all. ♥♥♥
Old 01-09-2020, 06:22 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Grateful for you Aly, my sober sista!
Old 01-09-2020, 09:19 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Magsie

Grateful Fearless’s dad’s house is safe. That could’ve been catastrophic!eek!
Grateful Aly is getting plenty of rest, thereby aiding her to get well soon. Sending lots of hugs and love xx xx ❤️
Grateful for another sober day.
Grateful to know if I’m having a bad day, it’s ok...it’s not the end of the world.
Grateful for all the Grat Pack with your compassion, friendship and love.
Old 01-10-2020, 01:53 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Good Morning All

Grateful for a wonderful group of new friends that I have made since joining the stables I currently ride at - truly uplifting, kind souls.
Grateful to be down another lb - 5lbs to go to my 'comfortable' weight!
Grateful my grandad has joined a social group run by the Alzheimer's society (he has relatively early stage but progressing vascular dementia).
Grateful to all of you.

Grateful Fearless' son learned useful tools in therapy to help with anger management and rage and that the gas leak issues with your dad's house have been resolved before there were any casualties. May I ask what a 'Worry Book' is?
Grateful RZ has learned patience, acceptance and tolerance, something I am working on.
Grateful Hevyn inspires us all with her quest to be a blessing - you are certainly a blessing to us here, Hevyn. I enjoy your posts and wisdom so much
Grateful Aly is taking time to rest. I am sorry that you are still unwell, sending a big 'get well' hug!
Grateful Mags has such an enlightened perspective regarding bad days - I will remember these wise words, thank you.

Take care, all
Old 01-10-2020, 03:25 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 01-10-2020, 03:49 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Grateful the situation with the gas connection was not catastrophic for Fearless’ family and others.
Grateful and hopeful Aly is on a mend trend.
Grateful to be pretty even keeled.
Grateful and proud of myself I’ve given my kids the gift of a sober parent. A very tired, highly imperfect but loving, sober parent.
Grateful to be taking my daughter and two friends out of town tomorrow for what I hope will be a fun trip.
Grateful for this place and the uplifting souls who inhabit it.
Old 01-10-2020, 05:53 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Mags, I hope your day gets better!
NCJ, you are not alone. Sorry to hear about your granddad. So glad he has joined a support group. My Dad is now in moderate stage mixed dementia with Alzheimer’s and vascular dementia. I have recently joined a support group online, and also found a local meeting I am going to for the first time next week. Pm me anytime if you want to chat. There is a lot of support out there!
Grateful to know how much we all have in common here in addition to our sobriety
Grateful for the online support group I’ve found. I’m learning from others both how I want to deal and how I don’t want to deal. There’s a gal with a blog who appears to be excessively drinking through her situation. Grateful for emotional distance since I’m a few States away from where my Dad lives (not that I don’t miss him and worry, but I also have confidence he’s in a caring place).
Grateful to put on my big girl pants and go kick some butt today!
Old 01-10-2020, 06:44 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

grateful for few hours last night with the old rock band KAOS
Old 01-10-2020, 09:39 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Grateful Rusty got to play with Kaos!!
Grateful I am slowly feeling better. I changed all my bedding and took a shower, so hopefully I washed some germs away. Of course, now I am exhausted again.
Grateful another pittie at ARF is on spotlight this week, Belle. She's been there a while. She is an angel and so pretty. They're all angels and pretty! ♥
Grateful Fearless is being proactive and dealing with issues head on instead of hiding. I'm sending prayers your way. I know this is not easy for you. ♥
NCJ, I understand the camaraderie at the stables. When I had horses, my life kind of revolved around the stables and my friends there. Stables are so fun. My favorite place in the world! Good luck with your training. I sure do miss it sometimes. ♥
Grateful for all of you so very much. Love and peace to all of you and have a wonderful day!
Old 01-10-2020, 10:27 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for Billie's love and constant companionship. I'd be lost without her.
Old 01-10-2020, 02:16 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

NewChapter - Thank you so much.
I'm happy you've made some new friends - kindred spirits - quite rare.
Aly - Great news that you're feeling perkier.
Fearless - I hope you achieved your goal today.
Grateful that even though it's late, I made it here to say I love you guys.
:
Old 01-10-2020, 02:19 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Love you too, Hev!
Old 01-10-2020, 02:36 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Oops I just checked into the bedtime grats thread and found my morning post there, I wonder how many times I've done that lol. Anyway, I've copied and pasted it here now, better late than never. xx

Grateful to wake up to another sober Friday.
Grateful to deliver the 3 g.children safely to school.
Grateful to take my mum grocery shopping and then drop her in town.
Grateful to get my shopping put away and peg some washing out.
Grateful for a good cup of coffee.
Grateful my laptop seems better than ever and is working much faster, maybe those virus had been working their way round for a while.
Grateful the sun is shining, even though it is very cold.
Grateful for warm clothes and a warm house.
Grateful Mr D.B phoned me on the land line to let me know that he'd taken my mobile phone to work with him by mistake, I'd only searched the house for it.
Grateful I was able to drive to his work place and collect it.
Grateful Least and Billie had a long walk.
Grateful Fearless is getting a handle on her conflicting feelings, grateful that she is able to write her thoughts down, it's always good to get them down in black and white.
Grateful Aly is here, how are you feeling Aly? I hope you are on the mend.
Grateful for Astro's faith in God and for his prayers.
Grateful to have found you all. Thank you. xxx
Old 01-11-2020, 12:22 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Magsie

Grateful for sobriety and not having to plan my day around alcohol
Grateful Aly is on the mend
Grateful Daisy’s laptop is virus free.
Grateful NewChapterJan is losing pounds(what’s your secret )
Grateful for all of you, with your humour and honesty and daily going ons.
Old 01-11-2020, 01:10 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for an extra early start to my Saturday.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 01-11-2020, 03:34 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Grateful to come back to this board and post like sober days of yore.
Grateful for all the people who helped broaden my perspective about myself, others, and choices.
Grateful for the fruit of sobriety and looking forward to the day's lessons.
Old 01-11-2020, 04:25 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Grateful to see Carpathia.
Grateful at least on some level for the chaos that fills our house. My son now zooms around on a hover board and will go in and out of this persona that I find hilarious. When my daughter was talking to her friends on the phone he would exclaim “OMG Regina! I can’t EVEN with you.” [None of the girls are named Regina]. And “OMG! Is it Susie?!!” [Also no one named Susie]. My daughter and her friends got a kick out of it too. Both also just like making noises for the sake of making noises. Sometimes it almost sounds musical.
Grateful to finally be reading a book on ADHD I’ve had on my list for years. I hope it will help me understand my son better.
Grateful to also have downloaded a book that I hope will help me navigate the tween/teen years with my daughter.
Grateful to have actually reached out to a therapist yesterday instead of just thinking about it.
Grateful to set an intention for who I want to be in this year—and that is someone who is true to myself.
Grateful even if I don’t always succeed in living according to my intentions, my heart can generally tell me when I’ve screwed it up. I don’t really have to wonder much.
Grateful (???) to be driving my daughter and THREE of her friends [in case you need some math assistance that is little old me + 4 children for an approx. 24-hour period out of town!] to the resort for her birthday. Wish me luck!
Grateful my daughter locked me out on the balcony for a while last night. She was being very, very, very difficult and it was breezy and quiet out there. Gave me (and her) time to calm down.
Grateful to be here with all of you and your sweet hearts.