Notices

Morning Gratitude ~ Part 95

Old 01-14-2020, 11:18 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Grateful I managed to open up my schedule to have lunch with a friend.
Grateful that in a couple of days I will be 23 months sober. Daisy may have a more accurate number I think she is a month or so behind me. I am terrible with dates and anniversaries although I have almost a photographic memory with numbers! Grateful none the less. 2 years is a long time in reality, right NCJ?
Grateful to be feeling a little more peace today.
Grateful I miss my babies (dogs and cats) at ARF. I hope they have pics of all the athletes that came in to raise $100K for a new roof and they did!!! The roof is leaking. I think it's so great that Tony La Russa can get his friends, etc. to help fund the shelter. Very greatful I get to volunteer at a shelter that has so many resources and a lot of volunteers and they really watch the mental health of the animals too.
Grateful every day for all of you. Thank you all so for being here.
Old 01-14-2020, 11:50 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Magsie

Grateful for the life sobriety offers me
Grateful for all the Grat Packs
Grateful for Zen spray.
Old 01-15-2020, 01:51 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Grateful for continuing recovery! Crossing fingers that testing today will turn up nothing new.
Grateful for a good breakfast and a hot cup of coffee.
Grateful that things are going well on the job.
Old 01-15-2020, 03:19 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

NC, HUGE congrats on the 2 year mark!! I am so glad to have you as a classmate. We’ve come a long way. Super excited for you!
:c014 :danse1b

Fearless and Hev, all your bug stories are making me remember this time I was on the Big Island in Hawaii and either getting into or out of the car we were totally dive bombed by a hoard of flying roaches. Ever since I’ve told this story and everyone looks at me like “you crazy lady that doesn’t happen”. But it did. It happened! I know this has nothing to do with morning grats, really but I’m sharing anyway among friends.
Anaya, hoping test results are all good.

Grateful for Fearless’ reminder of how fortunate we are to have our brain function intact.
Grateful I got through last night without losing it. My son didn’t want to do his homework, which for us looks like him screaming, punching walls, crying, vilifying everyone possible including me, the teacher, humanity in general, knocking over furniture, throwing things, etc. then saying horrible things about not wanting to be alive when his video game wouldn’t work. I am proud I didn’t just fall over in a heap. Not sure where to go exactly but I made it through the night without saying or doing anything in the heat of the moment that I regret, and that is something I am grateful for.
Grateful the Internet has quick info on the order of operation of integers for rusty parents.
Grateful to have read aloud to my daughter again last night, and that for a sweet interlude in the storms of the evening, she and my son sat on the big bed with me like we used to do a few years ago when we read.
Grateful to be doing a gratitude focused yoga session in a bit to hopefully help reframe my attitude for the day.
Grateful the new boss should be announcing her changes soon so I can quit having to wonder as well as not share the things I know that she hasn’t announced yet.
Grateful for my work family. My dysfunctional but loving work family.
Grateful for all of you.
Old 01-15-2020, 03:21 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful that my right eye vision is now 20/20! Grateful that I no longer need to wear my glasses all the time (first time in 40 years!).

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 01-15-2020, 03:58 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Grateful to be working on becoming more serene and composed.
Grateful to be two years sober and for all of your kind wishes.
Grateful to be learning to find the positives in life and not giving all my energy to worry and anxiety.
Grateful to have gone to yoga last night after work.
So very grateful to my SR family

Grateful RZ is moving forward.
Grateful Fearless is focusing on health and wellness rather than a number on a scale, and for her Dad's progression.
Grateful Hev is enjoying moderate temperatures.
Grateful for Least
Grateful for Aly's cool emojis! Congratulations on 23 months, Aly. I'm proud to have you as a sober sister and friend. i'm so happy that the fur-baby fundraiser was such a success!
Grateful for Mags.
Grateful Anaya enjoyed a nice breakfast and that things are going well at work.
Grateful NL for your support, wisdom and friendship over the past two years, and hopefully for many more to come. I wouldn't be here, sober, without you. Grateful to learn from your grace of character in how you manage your interactions with your children, husband, wider family and colleagues even in difficult / challenging situations. You inspire me to work harder to become more composed and collected in my own reactions. Thank you and well done for keeping your cool and being such a great mom.
Grateful FBL's vision is 20/20!

Have a wonderful day, everyone
Old 01-15-2020, 07:18 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

congrats on two years NC!

grateful a thoughtful note from a grat packer this morning
Old 01-15-2020, 08:04 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Thanks Rusty! 💜
Old 01-15-2020, 08:11 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for NC's two years sober! Grateful for Aly's upcoming soberversary.

Grateful to wake up sober this morning with Billie right beside me. Grateful to take her for a long walk in the sunshine.
Old 01-15-2020, 09:17 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Thanks Least Happy you woke up with your four legged friend!
Old 01-15-2020, 10:27 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Grateful for least's friendship.
Grateful that I'm feeling better physically, but I'm still fighting the blues. I guess, no matter how you look at it, being sick, even when you're getting better is not fun. Reading everyone's wonderful grats helps a lot.
NL, you are in my thoughts and prayers. What a lot to deal with. My sister is an LCSW, and I think you do that too. I am sending vibes and good thoughts to you.
All my love to my wonderful friends on the Grat Pack!
Old 01-15-2020, 11:45 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

NewChapter - huge, huge congratulations on two years. Stunning. And Aly and Daisy, you are not far behind. What impressive Grat chums I have!
FBL - glad your mum is healing well.
Fearless - so heartbreaking for you to have to see your dad's progression. Such a hateful and terrifying illness. You are in my thoughts.
Deserto - snap! Frankly I'd never chose to watch a Tarantino film but we sort o accidentally watched Once Upon a Time in Hollywood on Netflix. Thought it was brilliant and such good acting.
NL - very nice to hear about your close encounters of the best possible kind with both your daughter and son. Those are times to treasure. Then again, the night your son didn't want to do his homework, and his response to it is one not to treasure! Every so often, don't they just love to erupt into major dramatics for what we can only regard as trivial reasons. I note my granddaughter getting into practice already
Ananya - hope, as you said, that the testing turned up nothing new.
Hev - your post prompted me to Google Palmetto bug. Do wish I hadn't bothered!
Rusty - how goes? I googled Kaos but couldn't work out whether I'd actually hit on you and your band mates or not.
least - salutations to you and billie.
Mags - I'm your friend in temptation. The biscuits continue to draw me in....

I cannot tell you all how really happy and thrilled I felt to see all your nice comments about my 200 day 'anniversary'. So, so nice of you all! It gave me such a warm feeling. (And I was especially taken with those emojis Aly).
Grateful to have really enjoyed the play I went to see on Tuesday evening since I wasn't looking forward to it at all. I really didn't think I'd like it. It was a modern take on Cyrano de Bergerac, with James McAvoy. Stunning production and superlative acting. Evidently it's going to transfer to NY so NY Grat packers will have the chance to see it. Highly recommend.
Grateful to be feeling less resentful about the cold weather and dark mornings/early evenings. OK I get it: it's not part of a special plan aimed specifically at making my life difficult. Mind, I might revert to that kind of thinking on Monday when the dreaded toddler swimming sessions kick in. Don't feel that pool is quite warm enough for the very young and very old!
Thankful to be part of this lovely group.
Old 01-15-2020, 02:20 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Oh dear - late to the party again.
Numblady - Flying Roaches....oh, he!! no. I'd have nightmares for years.
Rose - Why oh why did you google Palmettos? (Whatever picture you saw, the one that was in my apartment was twice that size Over the years, it's grown.)
Thanks for the play recommendation.
FBL - That's a miracle - so happy for your new vision.
Aly - I'm glad you're feeling a little better physically. Now the blues needs to be on it's way.
Grateful to have another lovely day, but snow is on the way and frigid temps.
Grateful to have bought all the essentials - Bread, Milk, TP.
Grateful RZ got a nice note - we love you so much.
Grateful the days are getting longer - not by much, but it's a start.
Grateful for you all!
Old 01-16-2020, 12:28 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Grateful for the lovely and caring posts in this forum. What a nice group of folks.
Grateful to not lie in bed for long, once I was fully awake.
Grateful for restful sleep.
Grateful that old dogs can learn new tricks!
Old 01-16-2020, 02:11 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Grateful for the love of my sweet horse. It is a bond that is so hard to describe, just the purest love. I brought him up some new stuff last night (saddle pad, brow band etc.) and he looked so handsome - though all he cared about was his usual carrots!
Grateful we jumped 3 ft/90cm last night again after doing so for the first time on Saturday. It's such a rush to feel that progression and move past my fears and lack of confidence. Though we're a long ways off jumping a course at this height, I think I'm going to move up a class in Riding Club this year to compete at 2.6ft/80cm. This doesn't seem like much, I know, but for context, when I started back riding in December 2018 my confidence was so low that even just the idea of competing at all was the most terrifying thing in the world!
Grateful to be sober.
Grateful for all of you.

Grateful Aly is feeling better, though sending a giant hug and hoping the blues clear off soon.
Grateful Rose enjoyed the play - it sounds wonderful!
Grateful Hevyn has stocked up on the essentials ahead of the cold weather.
Grateful for Anaya's posts of positive outlook.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day ahead
Old 01-16-2020, 03:51 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

NC, your post to me was so kind. Your posts to people are so thoughtful. Not that you are buttering me up but when my daughter wanted me to “butter her up” to give her confidence for a test I tried but she was like “you are very bad at this.” You are so good at giving people feedback that is helpful but also so comforting. I need to learn from you!
Aly, you also have such kind words. You seem like a very empathic person. I hope the blues continue to lift for you. As for me I am not an LCSW. But my agency does child protection and adult protection so it’s pretty gut wrenching stuff regardless of where you are in the place.
FBL, so sweet you are rockin’ the 20/20 in 2020. You should make yourself a t-shirt or something . Actually if I was an eye surgeon I would definitely make those t-shirts as a promotion. Now to figure out how to be an eye surgeon in time...

Grateful to get a lot done yesterday.
Grateful to be up early and have time for a workout.
Grateful to be able to come here for some positives in an often negative world.
Grateful for another day to be of service.
Old 01-16-2020, 05:20 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

grateful for some nice fresh fish last night from the local market
Old 01-16-2020, 06:44 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Grateful Aly’s schedule opened up for lunch with a friend
Grateful for all the big sober milestones here, Aly, NCJ Rose. Did I miss anyone?
I will be three years tomorrow!
FBL, that is great about your 20/20 vision. This got me thinking perhaps I should get back to encouraging my son to patch and make a follow up appointment with his ophthalmologist. We got off track with everything going on and I’m the only one in the family who seems to care.
Grateful for least always being here, and of course Billie too
NL, not crazy. I experienced the flying cockroaches in Maui while I was on a picnic with family when I was very young. I will never forget that. If anyone is interested in what a potato bug looks like, just google it. I am back to not being able to post a picture here . I have educated myself about the bug. They are also called Jerusalem crickets. The are ginormous and look like a cross between a spider, cricket and beatle and they get up to almost 3 inches long. Ok, enough about bugs. I’m feeling queezy.
NL, what you wrote about your son the other day, I could have written the exact same thing two years ago about my son. I am so sorry you had to go through that! You are a model of what a parent should be like in such a situation. I don’t know if I could have handled it as well. I feel very lucky that somehow my son has turned a corner and while he can still be difficult, oppositional and argumentative at times, he has not had a major anger outburst like the rage kind in over a year. I still feel sometimes on guard though. If it happened before, it could happen again. You are a very strong person!
Grateful to go to my first Dementia support group meeting last night. It was such a good group and ai felt such a release. I am going to my therapist today. After this, I think I’ll continue the support group and not schedule another therapy appointment for now.
Grateful to have finished Lost In Space. This sounds so corny and lame since it’s just a sci-fi fiction drama. But if these people could escape worm holes, flee alien dinosaurs and make friends with AI robots, well I can get through my life struggles as well. Grateful for cathartic release in whatever form it exists
Grateful that hopefully I’ll get a short nap in later after two bad nights of sleep
Grateful for each of you
Old 01-16-2020, 09:36 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for Fearless' soberversary!

Grateful to wake up sober with Billie right beside me on the bed.
Old 01-16-2020, 09:59 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Anaya - Yes indeed they can....I'm living proof.
FBL - 3 years tomorrow....how fabulous. So proud of you.
Fearless - Jerusalem C-c-c-crickets? I must not google.
The support group is a great idea - nothing better than people truly understanding what you're going through.
NewChapter - What a lovely friendship you share with your horse.
Grateful for shaking off my grumpy mood.
Grateful for renewed determination to get this 20 lbs. off. Again.
Grateful for less snow than anticipated.
Grateful to be one day closer to spring time. (It begins in 63 days, I believe)
Grateful for all the interesting & encouraging words I read here each day.