grateful to be getting an IV port

as seen on TV lol
Old 09-18-2019, 07:16 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Grateful for some rain this morning.
Old 09-18-2019, 08:49 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Grateful Rusty made it through his last round of chemo and is ok. ♥
Fearless, my love, I'm so sorry you are feeling out of sorts. Sending love and prayers to you. ♥ Always feel free to PM me.
Hev, love your posts and look forward to them.
Grateful for all of you and your well wishes on this headache that won't go away. At least it's toned itself down a bit. Grateful to be volunteering at ARF's thrift store in a little while, maybe that will get my mind off my head, Lol.
The weather has been all over the place here. This morning it looks like rain, but you never can tell.
Love to you all!
Old 09-18-2019, 08:53 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Thank you, Rose. I do feel much better today. Agree that these feelings don’t linger as much when alcohol is not part of our lives. I meant to say something else about your post but now I forgot
Hev, love the dollar store, goodwill and consignments
Numblady, have fun tonight at the concert. Glad some normalcy is returning
RZ, thinking of you. I feel dumb. But I wasn’t sure what an IV port was or what it looked like, so I googled it. Got it now. Smiling happy people as if it’s the best thing in the world! Grateful you are kicking C’s a** and keeping a sense of humor.
Grateful to get lab results, to find out my hormones are totally wacky, but normal for my age. Grateful my insurance is going to partially cover acupuncture and naturopathic stuff
Grateful for a little rain today
Grateful for a good work team
Grateful that I have enough and that I am enough
Old 09-18-2019, 08:56 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Thank you, Aly. Our posts just crossed. I am feeling better. Really appreciate your support. I’m sorry your headache is lingering but glad for your volunteering which will hopefully take your mind off it at least a little.

I was just thinking about Deserto. Hope he is well.
Old 09-18-2019, 08:57 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful the plumber came and fixed my kitchen sink and bathtub drain.
Old 09-18-2019, 08:37 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Grateful for waking up sober after a stressful yesterday and ready to deal with the problem
Grateful for having a pretty convenient and comfortable life in many physical ways
Grateful for having someone at work to vent to
Old 09-18-2019, 09:21 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
p***enger

It isn't morning but I'm grateful for today's morning and all day sober.
Old 09-18-2019, 10:23 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Magsie

Grateful Zippy is ok after chemo.
Grateful for all of you.
Grateful for another sober day
Old 09-18-2019, 10:35 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Grateful for an early start after a good night's sleep.
Old 09-19-2019, 12:11 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Hev - the exhibition was impressive, not least because the artist's final paintings (painted when she was in 80s just before she died) seemed as fine as her early work. Her name is Helene Schjerfbeck and the show was at the Royal Academy. The Academy was already an impressive building but now they've opened a new wing it's even more so. Very grand.

Numblady - glad your life is returning to some kind of normalcy (not counting the tween concert of course). Happy to pass on that. Then again, swap you for a toddler swimming lesson!?

Rusty - IV port!. Get you. Up there with the best. So glad the chemo was OK.

Fearless - So pleased you're feeling on the up. Hope that continues.

Austerities - hope today is less stressful for you and that whatever the problem is, you get it dealt with and out of the way.

Grateful for a lovely day out yesterday. Good exhibition, glorious weather, excellent walk through parks, nice cup of tea and half a cake each after we'd seen the show (tea and cake cost a fairly epic £15). Not so thankful for that bit. That'll teach me to read menus in advance of ordering.
Thankful for my much cheaper cup of tea here this morning after a restless sleep with some strange dreams.
Grateful to feel a very slight sea change in terms of how I view wine. The female character in a series I've been watching likes to have a large glass of white in a rather nice pub and I always find myself thinking yes please. Of course I brushed the thought to one side. But last night after the final happy ending episode (so even more white wine to celebrate that) I let the thought linger and sit there and the more it lingered, the less I felt the urge. That was a good discovery for me.

Wish you all the best today. The unseasonal glorious weather continues here so looking forward to a day outside.
Old 09-19-2019, 03:27 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful that Zip is getting good care.

Grateful for surrender.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 09-19-2019, 04:24 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

RZ, good luck with port installation.
Aly I’m so sorry about your headache. I’ve had one for just two days and I’m annoyed so I can’t even imagine how you feel.

Grateful I survived the tween concert and my daughter didn’t notice the merch tables.
Grateful for solid sleep albeit not as much of it as I might have wanted.
Grateful for some hope of a bit of rain today. Trying not to get my hopes too high.
Grateful for all the people who have brought us food and otherwise taken care of us lately.
Grateful for all of you.
Old 09-19-2019, 05:05 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Thank you all for asking about my g.son, he is much better I'm pleased to say, he's back at school as from yesterday and he was shattered and in bed fast asleep shortly after 8 last night. He still has an annoying cough, no temperature or anything else though. I know he's on the mend because he's been giving the 'back chat.' lol.

I hope round 2 went well Rusty. x

I hope you had a safe journey Courage, I'm presuming you're not still delayed. I hope not. xx

Rose, I'm glad you enjoyed the exhibition, it sounds amazing and it sounds like you had a really good, though expensive day.

Fearless, I do hope you are feeling better in yourself today. How awful about that man's drunkenness contributing to the death of his son, how on earth would you live with that? I hope that father now gets the help he needs, there but for the grace of God go I.

Have fun at the concert Numblady, you'll probably enjoy it more than you're anticipating.

I hope you are feeling well Aly and I hope that headache is on it's way out. You've had it for far too long. xx

Grateful to be sober again today.
Grateful to drop the g.kiddo's off safely to school.
Grateful g.son no.1, young Sheldon, enjoyed his audition for a part in the school's play 'The Wizard of Oz, " last night, he loves his drama and wants to be a drama teacher when he grows up. It's an improvement on his previous desire to be an ice cream man in a van. ( he doesn't even eat ice cream btw.)
Grateful for this beautiful, sunshiny day.
Grateful to get my laundry washed and pegged out.
Grateful for coffee whilst I post.
Grateful Hevyn enjoys shopping at Walmart ( just joking, lol)
Grateful for the kindness shown here.
Grateful to each and every one of you for being on this journey with me. xxx
Old 09-19-2019, 05:06 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

tired this morning

grateful to be workin my gratitude though
Old 09-19-2019, 06:23 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Least, grateful the plumber was able to help you
Auster, hope your day is better. Grateful for coworkers too. I have a good one who always makes me laugh and put things in perspective
(((RZ)))
Rose, your life sounds like so much fun! Except for the toddler care. Lol. I am glad the urge surfing worked for you. I hope you get a better sleep. I finally did last night!
Daisy, my sonny boy was really into drama too when he was younger (in more ways than one. Lol) He wanted to be an acting coach. He now wants to be a math teacher.
Grateful that son has now tried and likes scrambled eggs
Grateful to see a funny sign in a bookstore window yesterday: The post-apocalyptic section has been moved to current affairs
Grateful that after tomorrow, work craziness will start to slow down a bit, at least for a while
So grateful for WiFI, portability and flexibility, all of which are going to help me greatly today
Grateful for good neighbors
Grateful for closeness here, and for each of you
Old 09-19-2019, 06:59 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
p***enger

((Rusty)) Thinking of you, my friend.

Grateful for good news on test results.
Old 09-19-2019, 07:54 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Grateful Numblady didn't get fleeced of $50 for a tween t-shirt

Grateful to head down south for a few days to visit the new lady friend. Slow and steady, Deserto knows it
Old 09-19-2019, 10:21 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Zip - Grateful you are still able to be lighthearted in spite of everything.
Rose - I just had a look at her work. The self-portrait just before she died is haunting.
Deserto - A follow up would be nice - only if you feel like sharing, of course.
Numb - My son always made a beeline for the merch tables - as if the concert wasn't expensive enough.
Grateful that the bear who visited our deck last night didn't destroy all my plant pots - just a few.
Grateful I can come here every day & be reminded that our hopefulness & good humor shines through everything. Proud of our resilience.
Grateful to have stuck to my diet for two whole days.
Old 09-19-2019, 10:57 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Hev, good job on your diet. I am still fighting with some weight I gained and it ain't easy! Lol.
Grateful to have slept in a bit today.
Grateful for the lovely weather we have today.
Grateful to see all of you, my friends, and your beautiful grats.
Rusty, you are in my prayers. I hope you are feeling well after your chemo. ♥
Love and peace to all of you. ♥♥♥