Notices

Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 83

Old 07-20-2019, 03:56 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Grateful for all of your posts. Not to take from Daisy, grateful for such a wonderful group here. There is so much great support here, so much kindness, wit, humor, respect, and honesty here. Peace and love to all of you! ♥♥♥
I'm going to cut it short tonight, because my eye lids are closing while I write this. It is so hot, I'm hoping it will cool off later.
Grateful for Luke. I love that dog so much. He's so good! Grateful he listens to me so intently and does things that make me think he can understand English! .
Wishes for all of you to have a wonderful, sober evening.
Grateful for all that I learn on SR.
Love and prayers to anyone struggling or suffering tonight. ♥♥♥
Old 07-20-2019, 04:02 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  

sorry double post.
Old 07-20-2019, 05:40 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm also grateful for the antics of my cat Lily and beagirl Billie. Grateful that they are friends, despite being different species.

Grateful for all the grat pack's furkids. I love hearing about people's critters.
Old 07-20-2019, 06:00 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  

I love it when cats and dogs are friends. They can be so cute and sweet. Luke usu likes cats, at least when ever we've gone to places (like his groomer or vet) that had cats. Sometimes he jumps up on the counter with front feet so he can smell them and rub his nose on their fur. I think he likes the feel of fur on his nose. Grateful Luke can be such a cute character sometimes. ♥
Like Least, I too love hearing about their animals. Grateful for all of our pets.♥♥♥
Old 07-20-2019, 06:26 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Grateful that I can enjoy my own company and no longer rely on the "approval" of others

Grateful for peace and quiet with some background healing music

Grateful for animals and all the great people who take care of them

Grateful to be enjoying another sober weekend

Grateful for our recovery family
Old 07-20-2019, 06:43 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Yay, Purps! Feeling like you don't need the approval of others is huge! So happy for you.

Grateful for Purps achieving a huge milestone in her recovery.
Old 07-20-2019, 08:04 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for Lily's company when she comes up to visit Billie and me in the den. Grateful for Lily's love of her dogs. She was very fond of Jack and often laid down beside him. He would look embarrassed and would sometimes sneeze to change the subject.
Old 07-20-2019, 10:40 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Me too, purps!
Grateful for the memory of Jack, least
Grateful I am home safe from a 50th bday party across the bay
Grateful to be comfortable completely with my nondrinking self, even when others aren’t
Grateful to be naturally tired and going to bed sober because I don’t drink anymore
Old 07-21-2019, 07:55 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Oh how I love the smell of freshly ground coffee beans and brewing coffee. Grateful!
Last night we took our dog to meet our stepdaughters new rescue and they got along well, mostly ignoring each other. Grateful to hang out with the grandkids too.
Grateful for a chance of a monsoon shower tonight. Daisy, I forget what an umbrella looks like sometimes, it so rarely rains here
Old 07-21-2019, 01:09 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  
Magsie

Grateful Purps enjoys her own company and doesn’t rely on approval of others. And Fearless too!

Grateful least has her wonderful Billie and Lily with her. ’s

Grateful Aly has a wonderful pet too in Luke. ’s

Grateful Asto’s dog got on with his daughter’s dog.

Grateful I can go to bed now with a hot chocolate drink.

Night night lovely Grats. xx
Old 07-21-2019, 07:10 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful to be ending the day same as I began it - sober!
Old 07-21-2019, 08:21 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Grateful for a beautiful evening
Grateful for our pet stories. My little cat, Daisy, loves sleeping in my husband’s boxer drawer
Grateful for stories of rain. Not that we need it here in CA now. Just nice to hear of different weather around the world
Grateful for a hot bath, tea and warm pjs
Grateful to have lunch made for tomorrow.
Grateful for each of you and your support
Old 07-22-2019, 05:57 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
I'll take your extra rain! Lol. Too many wildfires in our state.

Grateful for a mostly relaxing Sunday, did a lot of reading and practiced guitar using YouTube tutorials.
Old 07-22-2019, 10:49 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

I thought I posted here last night, but I was so tired, I didn't get it off. I'll post tonight. ♥
Old 07-22-2019, 12:04 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  
Magsie

Aly, ’s
Old 07-22-2019, 12:15 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  
Magsie

Grateful to come and read my book in the cool bedroom on the cool sheets. Been so hot today, phew.
Grateful to be sober, always
Grateful for everybody here xx
Old 07-22-2019, 04:27 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  

It has been HOT here too, Mags! Grateful for A/C.
Grateful for my walk with Luke, even though I had to cut it short because he really suffers in the heat. He is a Black German Shepherd (I call him a German Shedder) with a little Great Dane. He is fun to be around, although on the really hot night, I guess he goes into my mom's room after I'm asleep, because it is cooler in there, usu. Our animals are something. I get so many laughs from them at times.
Grateful I am sober and sorry I didn't write last night. I started writing something and I lost it. My eyelids and computer closed at the same time.
Have a great eve all. Love and peace to everyone here.♥ and their loved ones,♥ and our furry loved ones!♥
Old 07-22-2019, 05:49 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Grateful to be going to bed sober again.
Grateful to post here even though I'm running very late.
Grateful to watch my live in g.son in his 'guitar and poetry assembly' this morning, he was hilarious, he recited a funny poem called 'No breathing in class' by Michael Rosen.
Grateful my daughter went to see her doctor about a bit she got on her foot over the weekend, she developed an allergic reaction to it and her whole foot was swollen to above her ankle, she had a temperature too but was shivering. On antibiotics now so fingers crossed.
Grateful to have G.son no.1 'Sheldon' for the day, he finished school for summer last Friday, the other two finish this Wednesday. It was good to spend some quality time with him, we went for lunch just the two of us and he had his beloved garlic bread, lol, just garlic bread.
Grateful to take live in G.son to his karate grading this evening and he is now a brown belt 2 Dan at the age of 9.
Grateful to be a proud nan.
Grateful for a telephone conversation with my mum.
Grateful for a bubble bath.
Grateful Lulu cat loves her new cat nip toy.
Grateful for all our fur babies, I love hearing about them too.
Grateful to be going to my comfy bed now.
Grateful for each and every one of you. xx
Old 07-22-2019, 08:36 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Aly, Luke sounds absolutely beautiful!
Daisy, love hearing about the garlic bread. You know we both have our picky eaters. Congrats on your other g.son earning his brown belt!

Grateful for a good sober cry. Not sure what is up with me. Just a bit down. Had a very appreciative client today, then a different client whose account I work harder on, be ungrateful, very demanding and downright rude. Maybe I’m partly being overly sensitive so I’m grateful to recognize this being sober. In the past I would have gone straight for the wine. Instead I am being patient, thinking things through and not reacting, taking the high road. I know this too shall pass.
Grateful to have such a supportive boss
Grateful to go to the library with sonny boy. He’s such a good reader but has been bored and disinterested in reading over summer. Grateful to talk and learn more about what he enjoys reading and learning about. His newest thing is crime and murder mysteries. Grateful to not be too hard on myself and get a laugh with hubby when realizing I had allowed son to check out a book that was ok for his reading level but way above his maturity level in content. Like I completely forgot about the violent rape scene! So we are taking that one back and will check out Agatha Christie books or something similar.
Grateful for the firefighters
Grateful for AC
So grateful for all of you. I always feel better reading and posting here and thinking about gratitude.
Old 07-22-2019, 08:42 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful that my visitor is being quite nice and easy to get along with.
Grateful for Billie's good behavior after greeting my visitor. She was hyper for a bit, then calmed down and started licking him. Grateful that Billie loves everyone.