Notices

Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 83

Old 07-11-2019, 09:06 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Grateful for a relaxing day.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:33 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for another day with my beagirl Billie.
Old 07-12-2019, 05:51 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Grateful for the routines I have in the morning, feeding and playing with our dog is a fun way to begin each day.
Old 07-12-2019, 02:39 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Grateful to have a day off work after a very busy week
Grateful to have family visiting
Grateful that even though I felt ill from overeating yesterday I exercised hard today.
Grateful to have played games, had a lovely dinner and family evening
Grateful to be in clean sheets
Old 07-12-2019, 02:43 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Grateful to have seen my psychiatrist today. He always makes me feel better and he's so good with meds and when not to use them.
Grateful for a/c, it is hot outside.
Grateful I have the time to rest a bit today.
Grateful Luke was nice to a new handyman we had today He likes new friends, but he has to make sure they are friends first. When he goes into his protection mode, you really see how big he is. Otherwise he doesn't seem that big to me.
Grateful for all of you and your wonderful grats. Thank you so much for your love and concern. I so appreciate it and all of you! ♥♥♥
Old 07-12-2019, 04:21 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Grateful for another sober Friday night. ☕
Grateful for a visit to a very special garden centre where the owners employ special needs adults and teach them to plant, sow seeds, dig, take cuttings, make hanging baskets. They also have a craft shop where they do wood work and make garden planters out of recycled bits of furniture. They also recycle bicycles. The proceeds of any sales go to charity.
💐🌹🥀🌷🌺🌸🏵️
🚴🚴🚴🚴🚴🚴🚴
Grateful for a cup of tea in a China cup and saucer and a whopping slice of coffee and walnut cake. That's my diet down the pan this week.
🥧☕
Grateful for a lovely relaxing bath.🛁
Grateful for my naughty cat. 🙀
Grateful for each and every one of you. 💙💛🧡💚❤️💜
Old 07-12-2019, 08:13 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  

That is really wonderful, Daisy!
Grateful for a good run
Grateful to spend time drawing with my son today. He is really developing in art. I’m not sure if he is dominant right or left brain side. He’s very good at math and science too
Grateful to find two new pairs of jeans at a consignment shop
Grateful for the GF and paleo banana bread I found at the regular grocery store
Grateful my son asked about my family, and specifically my brothers, who died years before he was born and when I was much younger, from suicide. It’s a long story but the last time the subject of my brothers came up was when son was about 4 and he was begging for a sibling. He does not remember and we never discussed how my brothers died. When he asked me about them tonight and what happened to them, he said it was ok if I didn’t want to talk about it because he could tell by my face that I was upset. So I told him it is a complicated story and we will talk about it another time. I’m grateful that he cares about family, and that he has developed such empathy. Grateful for my therapist since I know I need to have a session to figure out how best to explain this subject to son
Grateful that the sad and nostalgic mood I’m in will pass
Grateful for my sobriety and not numbing my feelings with alcohol
Grateful for all of you
Old 07-12-2019, 09:32 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Grateful for a great cardio workout.
Old 07-13-2019, 06:40 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Grateful for a couple weeks at my night job without any events to give our staff time to recharge and rest after a difficult evening.
Old 07-13-2019, 02:07 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  

(((Fearless))) You will know the right time. ♥
Grateful for a fairly easy day so far.
Grateful to be sober going into the early evening.
Grateful for my walk with Luke.
Grateful for all of you. ♥
Love and peace to anyone struggling or suffering tonight. ♥♥♥
Old 07-13-2019, 06:49 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

(((Fearless))) How kind of your son, to give you an out on that subject since it's painful. Empathy is in short supply these days so it's good that he has it.

Grateful for walks with Billie. Getting outside several times a day to walk and breathe fresh air is very good for me. I also really enjoy watching Billie just being a dog. She's very good at being a dog. Better than I am at being a human.
Old 07-13-2019, 06:57 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Sent my lovely MIL to bed rather worse for wear. Grateful to have a MIL that I love. Grateful that I will not have her head in the morning.
Old 07-13-2019, 07:53 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Fearless, I totally understand your concerns re your brother's. Again we have a bit of a similarity. G.son no.1 ( our Sheldon) well his paternal Granddad committed suicide before he was born and he has started asking questions about him. It's not my place to tell him and my daughter and S.I.L are trying to work out the best way to go about it. I don't think he's ready yet for the full truth, but that day will come.

Least, I think you are an amazing person and so very supportive of us all. Thank you. xx

Grateful to be going to bed sober tonight.
Grateful that today, although fleetingly, I thought about buying wine, I pushed the thought right out of my head. I know where that would lead and I'm not willing to go there.
Grateful for all I have.
Grateful to be here with you all. xx
Old 07-14-2019, 12:32 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your kind thoughts! I am also glad my son gave me an out, and glad I am being patient with myself to think through and handle the subject in the best way at the right time. I already found some good advice online about this. Grateful for Google
Least, I agree with Daisy )
Daisy, I’m so glad you put that fleeting thought out of your mind! I sometimes have these thoughts too, though not very often. I think they are a reminder to me of the need to practice my sobriety tools everyday no matter how long I am sober.
Grateful that one of my biggest sobriety tools is coming here
Grateful to be going to bed sober and looking forward to a hangover free morning. I drove two drunk girls home from a GNO and it wasn’t pretty. Grateful that I had no interest in drinking and had a great time!
Old 07-14-2019, 09:04 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Grateful to meeting a dozen new people and enjoy a meal together, I was a very reclusive drinker so it's always nice to come out of my shell and enjoy life.
Old 07-14-2019, 04:31 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Grateful to go out for lunch/brunch for my eldest nephews b-day. I just adore him. He is so handsome and athletic, but he has a form of MD, which is scary. I pray for him a lot.
Welcome, Lucinda, glad you are here.
Grateful to be winding down the evening sober.
Grateful things went well and I didn't pay much attention to my sister and my other sister didn't even show, which I didn't mind, but I don't know how my nephew felt about it. I hope ok. I love those kids.
Grateful for my blessings.
Grateful for all of you. Love and peace to anyone struggling or suffering tonight, even if it's a little. Every one of you has so much to contribute. ♥♥♥
Least, thank you for always being here and being rather a backbone to our thread. All my love to you. and everyone else here! Daisy, you truly are a wonderful grandmother, so generous with your time and resources. Fearless, your son sounds amazing, kind and smart, like Daisy's g. son. You all are doing something right! xxxooo[/B] Night all!
Old 07-14-2019, 05:13 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for a productive walk with Billie after supper.

Old 07-14-2019, 08:20 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Thank you, Aly. Xo. Glad you had a nice time with your nephew
Grateful to spend time by myself after dropping son off a friends house
Grateful for music in the house
Grateful for a hot bath and fuzzy PJs
Grateful for orange spice and valerian tea
Grateful to be planning to see one of my closest friends in Chicago when I go for work next month
Grateful for all of my friendships, both online and offline
Old 07-14-2019, 08:35 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful to be ending the day like it started - sober. Grateful to go to bed knowing I'll wake up feeling good.
Old 07-15-2019, 05:55 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Grateful my wife did the grocery shopping, she tends to buy better and healthier foods than I do.