Notices

Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 83

Old 07-22-2019, 09:18 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Grateful for the strength to put up with life's challenges.
Old 07-23-2019, 05:21 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Aly, I hope you got some good solid rest, it sounds like you needed it.

Daisy, I love that you're so proud of your grandsons and are so active in their lives!

Grateful to be up and heading in to work early. I'm not wild about putting in so many additional hours as a salaried employee, but I'm so thankful I don't have to do this hungover any more and I'm always grateful for the work.
Old 07-23-2019, 01:59 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  
Magsie

Grateful to cool down from this heat.
Grateful Astro is going to work with no hangover....best feeling. (I’ve been on salaried employment, it can be one sided in their favour I found)
Grateful for everyone here.
Grateful for least’s guest being liked by Billie and being polite.
Grateful Fearless coped with an awkward client and didn’t drink.
Grateful Aly is enjoying her job.
Grateful for being sober.
Night night xx
Old 07-23-2019, 02:12 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Thank you, Fearless, he really is beautiful. Daisy, I think I would adore your g. son! You and Fearless really handle the children well and they really sound so adorable and precious, that I love your stories.
I went to CBT group. Sometimes I think I'm one of the few people who will speak up in the group. It's like trying to pull teeth to get others to share. Oh well, it's a difficult thing to rush through. It's all a process!
Great to see you Mags!
Love and peace to all of you and anyone who may be struggling. xxxooo
Old 07-23-2019, 02:53 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful that my guest is on his way home and I can go back to living my normal life.
Old 07-23-2019, 04:37 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Ha ha, the garlic bread Fearless, the worst thing is when he asks for it for breakfast, the smell of it first thing in a morning turns my stomach.
((( Big hugs to you, I hope you feel better today.)))

Grateful for another sober night.
Grateful to watch the school swimming gala, both my live in g.son and his cousin won medals.I'm very proud of them.
Grateful to give my mum a lift home from the choir.
Grateful for a beautiful, sunshiny day,
Grateful to know you people here.
Grateful to be here. xxx
Old 07-23-2019, 06:20 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Least, so glad Billie loves everyone. I think she probably loves us too❤️ Grateful for the unconditional love of our furry pets
Yes to that WO!
Astro and Mags, I agree with both of your comments on salaried employees
Aly, I am hoping your cbt group opens up some more. It sounds like it has been really good for you. I have always loved individual therapy, though it’s work and exhausting also. I’ve never done a group but it sounds like something I would enjoy and find healing
Daisy, aside from the pickiness, I love garlic all the time. I have to admit when I eat eggs for breakfast, I always add garlic. I could also eat garlicky pizza or lasagna for breakfast. I could have pancakes for dinner (not with garlic though)

Grateful today was better than yesterday
Grateful to be involved in a complex situation at work. It involves the tough client I spoke of last night. I’m grateful because it gives me a chance to be open and learn something, to recognize when I feel powerless and to seek help. I’m so glad I reached out to my boss who is going to get another opinion and help me navigate this one. Grateful to be ok with not having all the answers.
Grateful my son is enjoying guitar so much. He started with piano but likes guitar better
Grateful to have good talks with son in the long car rides to and from camp this week. I’m trying to take advantage of this time to discuss life lessons. Today we talked about compassion and patience with some examples. We also talked about the stock market and the economy. He seems to be really interested. I decided to call these car rides “conversations in cars with mom.” Makes me think of the book Tuesdays with Morrie, or the show Comedians in cars getting coffee. I know, it’s silly.
Grateful for each of you always
Old 07-23-2019, 06:22 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

So grateful to go to bed sober and wake up sober because I don't drink anymore.
Old 07-23-2019, 07:21 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Grateful for a successful day at work.
grateful for a free dinner.
Grateful for a kind boss.
Grateful for a big hotel bed.
grateful for a helpful boyfriend.
grateful to watch my daughter grow in connection to family.

grateful for this outlet to remind myself to actually be grateful.

grateful for another sober day.
Old 07-23-2019, 08:53 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Grateful for a nice hike today
Old 07-24-2019, 05:44 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Grateful that my long hours and work were validated by a process mapping team yesterday, it felt good to have someone, anyone understand the work that I do with another employee.

Grateful for some rain, even just a little brings the dry desert alive and feels refreshing.
Old 07-24-2019, 02:02 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for good dog walking weather.
Old 07-24-2019, 02:34 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Fearless, your talks with your son sound precious, and maybe difficult at first and he sounds like a very interesting conversationalist for such a young boy. You'll look back and cherish them. ♥
Grateful to see Kamm. Hope you are well. ♥
Grateful to be going into the evening sober and planning to stay that way. I have had such a sweet tooth lately and I haven't normally been a sweet person. Maybe it is because I've been so tired lately. Grateful for another opportunity to try to get through .
Grateful for all of you so very much. Your support and well wishes mean so much to me. ♥♥♥
Peace, love and prayers to anyone struggling or suffering tonight.
Old 07-24-2019, 07:11 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful that Billie likes chasing the red dot, the cats' laser pointer toy.
Old 07-24-2019, 07:29 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

(I call him a German Shedder)
lol
Old 07-24-2019, 07:51 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Glad you got some validation for your hard work, Astro
Aly, yes it is always interesting with sonny boy. Also, I think you are always a sweet person . I know what you actually meant about sweets. . Lol

Grateful to be sitting outside with an ice water in a pretty glass. It’s been so hot today but it has started to cool at night and there is a nice breeze
Grateful for where I live
Grateful to take my cat, Daisy to the vet today. She is an indoor cat, was declawed when we adopted her. This was her first trip to the vet in the almost two years we’ve had her. She was so scared and it was awful putting her in the carrier. At the vets office, she clutched on to me like a newborn baby. Had her little paw on my shoulder and put her face against my neck. It was so sweet. Turns out she has an infection in both ears. With medication, she should be all better in 10 days or so.
Grateful to talk to my dad today. He has dementia, but it is not severe (yet). He does forget things mid sentence, but his wife was on speaker and kept reminding him what he was saying, or finishing his sentences. He doesn’t hear well either. It was actually kinda funny. My dad went on about how he got his first pedicure and is going to do it regularly now. He said he feels like the “man around town” and is getting g a new pair of sandals. I had him on speaker in the car, and he said for my son to hear that you can be a macho guy and still get your toes done and the ladies will love it. Lol.
So grateful my dad’s in good spirits despite all his ailments and aging stuff. Grateful for his faith too because it keeps him strong. I am spiritual but I do not share his religious beliefs. We learned long ago to never judge each other and accept who we are.
Old 07-24-2019, 08:55 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  
Magsie

Fearless , that’s lovely that your dad’s humour is there, with everything else going on he and your mum have to deal with.

Grateful for all of you

Grateful I got some sleep last night, in the heat.
Old 07-24-2019, 09:47 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Grateful for a productive day.
Old 07-25-2019, 05:53 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Aly, I ate a whole pint of ice cream last night just before bed and didn't sleep well, but I refuse to regret it! Grateful that I'll have another chance at rest tonight.

Grateful the week is coming to a close. Grateful that my water heater rebuild went quickly yesterday afternoon.
Old 07-25-2019, 09:15 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

(((Astro)) (((Fearless))) So grateful for you both!