Update on son

Old 01-24-2011, 10:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update on son

As you all may or may not know, my son was picked up on 10/10/10 for possession of a syringe, a needle and DUH an empty baggie! Here in this county, and because his track record is so bad and also because he still had one year left on his current parole, they were offering him 8 years! They do not fool around in this county!!

Meanwhile, there's my great-grandaughter's father caught now 13 times for the same type of charge and he gets off every, single time! Go figure, different county.

While he was in jail he got sober, of course, found God, of course, and swore he was done with this stuff. Incidentally, he was living in his car for only two days. I swear he set himself up for this, but didn't think they'd throw the book at him.

While there he wrote to the judge, the DA, parole officer, and also two programs begging to have the chance to go to rehab. Mind you, he has never been offered a program, ever! Well, God was on his side again and when he went back to court the judge gave him 90 days and parole gave him 90 days in rehab.

He got out of jail on 12/10/10 and the plan was go to rehab immediately, but alas no bed available. So, once again I took him in. He was wonderful for the first 3 days!!! After that he broke every promise including siffening gas from Mr. Dev's truck probably on his last day out! He even was stupid enough to cut our hose to do it!

Thank the Lord we didn't find out until the day after he left or Mr. Dev would have thrown his butt out in the street immediately. He was here for 3 weeks and we could hardly wait for a bed opening.

Now he is there in rehab and, of course, clean again, and sounding great again. Only this time I told him he could never come back here again. He said he knew it and was working really hard to stay in the rehab longer as they may be able to get him back on his feet offering him assistance with housing and school. He is a mason/plasterer by trade, but lost his contractor's license now with slim to none chance of getting it back. He is also 48 years old now!!

I pray he will do the right thing this time 'cause his favorite codependent has left the room!! Besides, I'm raising his grandaughter remember?? I can only take care of one child at a time at this age!

Ok, that should catch you all up on my "wonderful life!" However, there is a bright side here, our great-grandaughter is so much fun, work too, but so much fun.

Hugs to you all and remember when you grow up, don't be like me!

Devastated
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Xmas Eve 2010 002.jpg (89.3 KB, 132 views)
Old 01-24-2011, 10:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

OMG, HOW DID THE PICTURE GET SOOOOO BIG? NORMALLY, I CAN'T POST A PHOTO DIRECTLY FROM THIS SITE, BUT ONLY FROM PHOTOBUCKET! THIS IS RIDICULOUS! SORRY ABOUT THAT!

ANYWAY, THAT'S MR. DEV WITH OUR GREAT-GRANDAUGHTER MAKING COOKIES FOR SANTA AT THE NEIGHBOR'S HOUSE.

Hugs, Devastated
Old 01-24-2011, 10:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I think its a great picture....and you and Mr. Dev are loving, wonderful people to be raising this sweet little girl. She has a normal chance with life and thats what she deserves. Hopefully your son does find his way and gets the help he needs. I'm feeling like you and this codependant has decided to retire. The only way I can do that in a nice way is "no more contact" with my son till he's in a long term rehab with some major councelling.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That is a beautiful photo!! Thank you for sharing it!
Old 01-24-2011, 10:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

God bless you and all of your efforts. How blessed your great-grandaughter is.

I send prayers for your son. I hope that he gets it together this time. good that he knows he cant come back to your house, with no other choices but prison, he may just try living!

prayers for success,
chicory
Old 01-24-2011, 10:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Clean & Sober

Its great to hear that he is doing well right now, and it sounds like you are too. Your grand daughter is very lucky to have you.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

I love positive post!!

and christmas cookies!!!

geez how long til christmas . . . .

Keep taking such great care of you & that precious beautiful little one!!!!

PINK HUGS!
Old 01-24-2011, 11:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

(((Dev))) - I LOVE the picture.

BTW, I'm 49, lost my nursing license, had no codies to coddle me, and here I am I will always have hope for your boys.

Love, hugs, and prayers,

Amy
Old 01-24-2011, 11:24 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks guys for not making fun of that HUGE PHOTO!

It wasn't even the picture I wanted to post 'cause she has her head down. Even though she has her head down, you can see how beautiful she is. I swear I don't know how they made such a beautiful baby. Not one, but two drug addicts!!! Mother and father!!

I don't know how lucky she is to be raised by "old folks" but one thing I know is, we have lots and lots of time for her!

Hugs, Devastated
Old 01-24-2011, 11:31 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

How about this one? Cute no? I hope it comes out small this time. Watch it won't come out at all!! LOL

Hugs, Devastated
Attached Images
Old 01-24-2011, 11:31 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Oh sure, that's better! LOL
Old 01-24-2011, 11:49 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

She is just as cute as can be. LIke I've said before~~if we lived closer I'd sure love taking her for a while. After 2 sons and 4 grandsons she sure would be fun....
Old 01-24-2011, 12:05 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Well Dignity, be careful, you may live next door and not know it. LOL

Don't forget what happened to me. I went around for 5 years saying, "I wish I had a little girl to take care of!" From my lips to God's ears. I know now that He does hear my prayers, but is just waiting for me to finally LET GO, before He answers them.

Do you remember that poem that was posted years ago, now I've forgotten who posted it, but it is beautiful with a lot of meaning. I'm going to post it now it may hit home to a lot of you, it sure did to me! Here it is:

As children bring their broken toys,
in tears for us to mend
I brought my broken dreams to God,
because he was my friend
And then, instead of leaving him
in peace to work alone
I hung around and tried to help
with ideas of my own
At last I snatched them back and said
"How can you be so slow?"
"My child," He said, "what could I do? You never did let go."

Hugs, Devastated
Old 01-24-2011, 01:00 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

What a lucky little girl with great grandparents and a cute bedroom!!!! Hopefully her father gets his feet firmly planted on the ground this time. It will be such a loss for him if he doesn't.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:36 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Dev, your pictures are perfect! So full of love and beauty
Old 01-24-2011, 02:44 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

What wonderful pictures, Dev!! The picture of Mr. Dev making cookies with the sweetest angel this side of heaven, is just precious. Look at the love on his face!!

And the picture on her bed is so pensive, she is thinking of how much she is loved, I think.

Thank you for sharing your joy and your pictures.

Big hugs to all of you. God knew what He was doing when he put you together.

Big Hugs and lotsa love
Old 01-24-2011, 03:00 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

She is beautiful!

It makes you think, doesn't it, how any parent could not do anything in their power to be with their child. just shows what a hold addiction has.
She looks so content, and the cookie picture just warms my mommy/grandma heart.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:09 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi all:

Thanks for not laughing at my HUGE pictures. Thanks for agreeing with me that she is just beautiful! Plus she has a dimple on one side of her cheek. She asked me how that got there and I tell her a story that when she was brand-spanking new the angel came down to look over the babies, and saw her and touched her with her finger. I said, "you were so soft, and new that it left a little indentation where she touched you." She loves that story.

Hello-kitty, my son is not the father of the child he is the grandfather. She is our great-grandaughter.

That's not her room. You'd know her room 'cause it's fit for a princess. That's one of our guest rooms. Don't look at it too closely, as it needs a new bedspread.

Oh, Impurrfect I'm sorry about your license, but what's meant to be will be. Guess God has a better plan. I can't imagine what other plan he has for my son since the President's job is already taken! LOL

Chicory, I can't imagine giving up my child. Look at me, after all these years still not giving up! Maybe I should try drugs! LOL

Hi Ann, yep I think you're right. I think God looked down and said, "they're having wayyyy too much fun. I need to get their attention." Wow, that worked! LOL I even appreciate being able to take a 10 minute bath in peace!

Ok, got to run dying to know what secret Oprah has been keeping from us! I hope it's that I'm a relative and she's sending me a million bucks! LOL

Hugs, Devastated
Old 01-24-2011, 04:34 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I love those big pictures!

did anyone notice the background tv picture?
it looks like Miracle on 34th Street and they are in a pose like Mr. Dev and Angelkissed?

Beth
Old 01-24-2011, 05:18 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi Wicked, how funny is that. We were at our neighbor's house across the street and it was that movie. I didn't even notice!

Hugs, Devasted