I did it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-27-2011, 07:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I did it!!!!!!!!!!!!

I finally got the nerve up to tell my AGF to hit the road. I am no longer her enabler and now that I did it I feel so much better. She gave me the sad story of nowhere to go but I said burning bridges leaves nothing behind but ashes. She wants her drugs and friends more than me so I set her free to do what she wants. No longer will I check up on her to make sure she is ok, I wont ask her where she's been when she's hours late, wont question her about being high, these things I told her I wont do. Now what I will do is find me someone who loves me, I will be happy,and most of all I will be Stress Free. Sounds cold but the drugs are not my problem they are hers.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
lesa

good for you .I wish I could do that ..working on that ..take care ..praying for you
Old 01-27-2011, 10:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

the drugs are not my problem they are hers

A revelation! Bravo to you for taking back your life. You will feel the pain of letting her go, but that will ease. You are saving yourself and letting her make her own choices. Good for you.

I am still amazed how quickly I take on other people's problems and choices. It's an effort every day to view things in light of ownership. I see someone struggling and I actually have to hesitate to help. I have to be clear if I am helping or if I am taking their bad choices on as my own burden. It's not something the average soul even contemplates.

What's hers is hers. What's yours is now limited only by the scope of your imagination!!!!

Best to you,
Alice
Old 01-27-2011, 10:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
It is what it is

Good for you for setting your boundaries and sticking to them. I always say that everyone has a limit. The difference is everyone's limit is different. And once you've reached it, there is no going back. Stick to what you did and she will either find recovery or won't. But as you said, it's not your problem. Unfortunately it does feel like your being cold but the bottom line is it's them or us sometimes. I will take care of me before I can take care of anyone else. And once I start taking care of someone else and putting them before me, I know it's time to check myself. You should be proud that you finally put yourself before her.

Jen