Update on son

Old 01-24-2011, 05:45 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Devastated: I was feeling so alone and tired, thinking I must be insane to think I could be a working single grandparent to my 4y/o grandaughter. When I signed on to the forum tonight, your post is the first thing I opened.
What a Godsend! I needed a "you're not alone" message and I got it...in living color!
Your poem is also just the words I needed!
Thanks from the heart..
Old 01-24-2011, 07:00 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

She is the most adorable angel kissed princess in the world! Thanks for sharing the pics..I love that they are large so I can see them really well You and Mr. Dev not only give her time, you give her lots of love and it is obvious in those pictures! Prayers for all of you.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:44 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

She is such a beautiful little girl and she definitely won the great-grandparents lottery! Thanks for sharing and thank you for making them big enough that I didn't have to pull out my glasses to make them out!

gentle hugs
Old 01-24-2011, 08:52 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Oh Dev, thanks so much for sharing.
She is such a pretty little bitty.

Someone bought me a picture with a saying when our grandson was born, it says:

"Everytime a child is born,
a grandma comes into the world"

Hugs and hugs.....
Old 01-24-2011, 09:20 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Gee, those sweet little pictures brought tears to my eyes. So sad that her parents chose junk over her...but what a huge blessing that she has her great-grandparents (is that right?) to be in her life and take great care of her. She is too precious for words!
Old 01-24-2011, 10:09 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Oh Dev, what a lucky little girl. And lucky you and Mr. Dev too that you're able to care for her.

This is about the sweetest and best thing I could have read tonight.
I love you guys.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:16 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hi Hope2Be, I'm so happy I could help someone else. Believe me you're not alone. There are millions of grandparents raising their grandchildren. Now, as far as great-grandparents goes, hmmmm? Oh well, we all do what we have to do. There definitely is a reason for all of this. I pray we live long enough to see her through high-school.

Thanks, Kindeyes for the vote of confidence. Geeze I don't understand why the photo got so big. Maybe Ann can enlighten me as to the reason.

Hi Angelstory, yep you're right we are the great-grandparents. Yes, it is so sad that the parents made bad choices. Her father had the nerve to try and talk to her on the phone the other day. I refuse to let him do that while he is still using and in the slammer every other week! Her Mom also called her on Xmas. I did not tell the baby as, here again, why upset her.

The baby must tell us a hundred times a day "Nanna, Nonno, I love you!" Makes it all worth while to know she is happy.

Thanks Catspajamas. If we weren't able to care for her, she was going up for adoption. Sometimes I think maybe that would have been better for her; however, I have a friend that loves her dearly, and baby loves her, that promises to be our Plan B. One can only pray that God has a plan here.

Ok, best get moving. Baby's in pre-school right now.

Hugs, Devastated
Old 01-25-2011, 10:28 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing both wonderful pictures, she looks like a cutie.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:54 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Dev, I can't imagine her being in a better place than with you and Mr Dev. :-)
Old 01-27-2011, 06:51 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Dev, She is just beautiful, and personally I liked the big photo's easier for me to see. I'd say that your great-grandaughter has been blessed to be in the loving care of both you & Mr Dev. May God Bless you all.

Hugs,
Chris