Thread: Update on son
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 10:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
devastated

Update on son

As you all may or may not know, my son was picked up on 10/10/10 for possession of a syringe, a needle and DUH an empty baggie! Here in this county, and because his track record is so bad and also because he still had one year left on his current parole, they were offering him 8 years! They do not fool around in this county!!

Meanwhile, there's my great-grandaughter's father caught now 13 times for the same type of charge and he gets off every, single time! Go figure, different county.

While he was in jail he got sober, of course, found God, of course, and swore he was done with this stuff. Incidentally, he was living in his car for only two days. I swear he set himself up for this, but didn't think they'd throw the book at him.

While there he wrote to the judge, the DA, parole officer, and also two programs begging to have the chance to go to rehab. Mind you, he has never been offered a program, ever! Well, God was on his side again and when he went back to court the judge gave him 90 days and parole gave him 90 days in rehab.

He got out of jail on 12/10/10 and the plan was go to rehab immediately, but alas no bed available. So, once again I took him in. He was wonderful for the first 3 days!!! After that he broke every promise including siffening gas from Mr. Dev's truck probably on his last day out! He even was stupid enough to cut our hose to do it!

Thank the Lord we didn't find out until the day after he left or Mr. Dev would have thrown his butt out in the street immediately. He was here for 3 weeks and we could hardly wait for a bed opening.

Now he is there in rehab and, of course, clean again, and sounding great again. Only this time I told him he could never come back here again. He said he knew it and was working really hard to stay in the rehab longer as they may be able to get him back on his feet offering him assistance with housing and school. He is a mason/plasterer by trade, but lost his contractor's license now with slim to none chance of getting it back. He is also 48 years old now!!

I pray he will do the right thing this time 'cause his favorite codependent has left the room!! Besides, I'm raising his grandaughter remember?? I can only take care of one child at a time at this age!

Ok, that should catch you all up on my "wonderful life!" However, there is a bright side here, our great-grandaughter is so much fun, work too, but so much fun.

Hugs to you all and remember when you grow up, don't be like me!

Devastated
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Xmas Eve 2010 002.jpg (89.3 KB, 132 views)