Prayers

Old 07-14-2007, 02:27 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

(((((((((((((Marle)))))))))))))))

Sending you positive energy, prayers, and support.
I know how you feel. So many emotions at once.
Fear, frustration, aggrievation, fury. Comin' and goin' non stop.
I'm thinking of you and Megan today and praying for a good outcome.

Old 07-14-2007, 02:56 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Marle

I am so very sorry about what is happening in your life right now. How horrible this is for you and your husband.

Is it possible that they are just lying low because they are afraid of the repercussions regarding the bad check? As far as their belongings are concerned, you know that's the last thing they worry about, so perhaps they did just moved to a different place?

As far as that pompous state tropper is concerned, tell him for me that there by the grace of God go all of us! That infuriates me the lack of concern!!! There shouldn't be any reason in the world why they cannot take a missing persons report. I just don't think he gets it! I would go above his sorry a-- to his superior. Before she is JUST an addict, she is a human being! I am so damn mad I wish I could get to where you are and bring "no neck" with me! That guy need a good swift kick in the head. Where in the world do they find these rules of what they can and cannot do. Isn't there such a thing as having a heart and soul? Damn!

No sense my saying not to worry because what is going to be will be; however, I've heard that a hundred times and I still worry plenty! My God, this is your child.

By the same token, Marle, we do know that it is a wasted effort. Instead of worrying best if we pray. You know what they say, when your worrying your not praying and when your praying your not worrying.

I am praying that she contacts you soon! Please keep us informed.

Hugs & Prayers, Devastated
Old 07-14-2007, 03:04 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Dev, I did give him a piece of my mind and told him that his policy was b*llshit. I did tell him that she is not a throwaway, that she is MY daughter. But I guess you can't let people get to you. The one good thing about this is that she will be prosecuted in Iosco County and the prosecutor knows that she has tried the check thing before. His daughter graduated with Megan and he told me when he could not prosecute her for the last check that if she ever came before him again, he would make sure that he gets her. So I know that he is on my side in this. He also knows about the boyfriend and does not have a lot of compassion for a man who will buy my daughter drugs rather than take care of his own three daughters. Thanks for being p*ssed with me. I knew that I was not alone in thinking that the law is insane. Hugs, Marle
Old 07-14-2007, 04:39 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

(((((marle)))))

So sorry to hear about your precious daughter. Definatly I will say a prayer just for her safety.

I wonder can't you just go to the local police station and file a missing persons report?
Old 07-14-2007, 05:01 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Splendra, Tried that. They told me if she does not want to contact me that is her perogative. That is why I contacted the State Boys in Blue. Hugs, Marle
Old 07-14-2007, 05:09 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

((((Merle))))) I'm sorry for your fears.
I've been there, not knowing if my AS was dead or alive......and now he's sitting in jail. After a 30 day rehab he got right back into it again.

Merle to you and your daughter, my prayers are with you.
Old 07-14-2007, 05:36 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

When the state trooper told me that if they picked up my daughter and found drugs and she got arrested she would just pay the $200 bail and just go back out and use, I wanted to jump through the phone and strangle him. How does he know that that is what will happen. How does he know that this might not just be her bottom. How does he know she even can make bail. It made me think that maybe he was a bit jaded. I think that it is time to change our system of dealing with addicts. The jails are overcrowded because of addiction, our prisons are the same. It costs less to put an addict in a recovery program than it does to incarcerate them. I just need to vent this because it p*sses me off to no end when someone tells me it will do no good to find my daughter. I think anytime an addict faces consequences is a chance for them to find recovery. Who is he to tell me it won't help. Just go out there and do your job, Mr. Trooper. Marle
Old 07-14-2007, 05:45 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by marle View Post
I think that it is time to change our system of dealing with addicts. The jails are overcrowded because of addiction, our prisons are the same. It costs less to put an addict in a recovery program than it does to incarcerate them. I just need to vent this because it p*sses me off to no end when someone tells me it will do no good to find my daughter. I think anytime an addict faces consequences is a chance for them to find recovery. Who is he to tell me it won't help. Just go out there and do your job, Mr. Trooper. Marle
Marle, I couldn't agree more. The incarceration rate in this country has doubled since the 80s-mostly because of drug related offences. Drugs are very much available in prison, too. And locking up the addicts is not solving the problem. Like you said it is more expensive, too. Do they have 'drug courts' where you live? It is becoming a more popular alternative to jail.
They put the person in treatment and keep close watch on them. I think that long term in-patient treatment would be a much better alternative for addicts. Some jails have treatment programs, but not all do. I think it would be a better alternative to building more and more prisons.
Old 07-14-2007, 05:53 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

They don't have drug courts per se, but they mandate treatment for first offenders. I know that if my daughter gets picked up on the bad check charge, the prosecutor knows about her drug addiction and will probably mandate treatment. Then it is up to my daughter to decide to get help or go back out and get rearrested and do jail time. Either way it is a chance for her to get some clean time. I know that she is in a bad way right now. And things will continue to get worse. I have posted a question a while ago on the substance abuse forum about her chances of wanting to get clean on her own while the abf supplies all her drugs and they thought it was not impossible but improbable because of being enabled by him. She is being kept sick because he is an abusive, controlling man. Her chances of really wanting to leave him are not good. So I pray for an intervention by the law. Jail as a last resort, rehab as the better alternative. Marle
Old 07-14-2007, 07:05 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Still Standing

Marle,
I just wanted you to know that I care. I can imagine how horrified you must be. My son has been missing before and all of the signs would point to something devastating that must have happened, but then he would just end up walking in the door or calling and he'd act like nothing new was going on or he'd be very irritated at me and treat me like I was crazy for ever thinking of such a thing. The last time he was missing with bad circumstances, I kept having to remind myself of all of those times and pictured his face and tone of voice from before when I had spent that time just so horrified and expecting to get THAT phone call. Please try to believe that this could very possibly be just another one of those times and then you'll be the only one that has been hurt by this. Yes, I do definately understand how you feel as a Mom of an addict, but please take care of you in the meantime, so that you don't end up sick in the end. I will pray that you hear from your daughter very soon or at least from someone who has seen her alive & well today.
((((((((((((((Supportive Understanding Hugs))))))))))))))))))
Old 07-14-2007, 07:20 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Danielle, Prayers for Lizzie and all the addict children on here. It is so hard when our daughters follow their dealer boyfriends. You are not only fighting the drug but also the person who they believe love them. Hugs, Marle
Old 07-14-2007, 07:22 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Just want to let everyone know that I am still taking care of myself. Ate good today, took a nap and a long walk with the dogs. My second batch of Monarch Butterflies will start hatching tomorrow, so I will get to witness a new life beginning. The process totally fascinates me. I am not going to let this get the best of me like I have in the past. I know that I am powerless to get my daughter to want help. I really do understand and accept that. Thanks to all of you who posted prayers for me and Megan. God's will be done. That will be my prayer tonight. Hugs and prayers for all of us. Marle
Old 07-14-2007, 07:24 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Sending prayers that you will hear from her soon.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:34 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
On a tear

((((Marle)))))

You and she are in my prayers.... right now.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:37 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I've just got to say my heart goes out to all of the parents here. I usually don't post on the parent threads because I don't have kids, but I can only imagine what you all go through. I admire the amazing strength you all have!

I hope and pray you all stay strong and your children come through this.

hugs, Lisa
Old 07-14-2007, 09:07 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Marle,

Several people are p*ssed off for you (lol... I almost typed "with" you instead of "for" you, then I realized what that would have sounded like... )

I wish there was more that any of us could do here... but you guys are still on my mind. I just got online, and I came to this thread first to see if there were any updates...

*hugs and prayers*
Old 07-15-2007, 08:36 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Marle

You know what I wish?? I wish we really could load up the CODIE BUS (with Ann driving, of course) and desend on that state tropper.

Notice I didn't capatalize "state tropper?" He doesn't deserve it!

All I can say is, it is a good thing I don't live there or I would have to hurt him!

I know it is much easier to let go when you're angry with them; and, you are so right when you said "it is much easier to work recovery when you are happy"

I promise this, too, shall pass!

Hugs, Devastated
Old 07-15-2007, 08:43 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Dev, Count me in. The trooper probably does not have children. There but for the Grace of God goes him Hugs, Marle
Old 07-20-2007, 08:25 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by marle View Post
I think that it is time to change our system of dealing with addicts. The jails are overcrowded because of addiction, our prisons are the same. It costs less to put an addict in a recovery program than it does to incarcerate them. Marle
Hi, i was doing research for my paper and I came across this...

"Physician Leadership on National Drug Policy (PLNDP), a group of 37 distinguished physicians that includes high ranking officials from the Administrations of Presidents Reagan, Bush, and Clinton, shows that on a nationwide average, imprisoning an addict costs $25,900 per year, while treatment costs only $4400-6800 per year."

Source: "Addiction and Addiction Treatment," a report put out by the PLNDP, March 1998
Old 07-20-2007, 09:46 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
President

Just sending some hugs out to you!

(((marle)))