SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   Prayers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/128524-prayers.html)

marle 07-14-2007 06:08 AM

Prayers

If you all would be so kind as to say a prayer for my daughter, I would appreciate it. Yesterday when I found out about the bad check, I did try to get ahold of my daughter, just wanting to know that she is still alive. The abf is not answering his cell so I called the last place that I knew they were staying. The owner of the motel told us that she has not seen my daughter for at least 2 weeks and the abf for at least a week. All of their things are still there and they have not paid their rent on the room for three weeks. The last text message we got from her was on my husband's birthday, June 19th. I don't want to awfulize this so I am praying really hard that nothing has happened to her. I also called the State Police, but they will do nothing because she does not have a permanent address. The boyfriend is abusive and can be violent. He has been in the past. So prayers would be appreciated because that is all I have left right now. Thanks, Marle

hope213 07-14-2007 06:15 AM

((((marle))))) take it one day at a time. we all know how addicts are. i am saying saying prayers for her that she is ok & prayers for you for the strength to get you through this. hugs,

tropikgal2 07-14-2007 06:21 AM

OH Marle, Here is a big ((HUG)) and a prayer for you and your daughter's safety. I hope you find out where she is and that she is OK.

Louise54 07-14-2007 06:21 AM

Sending my prayers, Marle. I hope our HP is looking after her. Hang in there and keep strong.

krhea75 07-14-2007 06:31 AM

Marle,
I'm so sorry. I know the panic that you feel. I'll be praying and hoping that she's okay.
krhea

marle 07-14-2007 06:36 AM

What I don't understand is why I can't at least file a report. They don't have to go looking for her, but if they find a body, it would be nice to at least know what happened to her. I tried to tell the trooper that, but he just told me that they can't take a report. Doesn't seem right to me, but I am at the point of just giving up on trying to get people to understand that this is my daughter and not just some addict that should be thrown away. I even told the trooper that I understand she is an addict, I am not trying to get her help, I belong to a naranon forum group, I understand, I understand, I understand. He just kept telling me if she doesn't want help. And I kept telling him I KNOW that. I just want it in the system. Oh well, I guess addicts are a dime a dozen to some people and I just have to accept that. Thanks for the vent. Marle

greeteachday 07-14-2007 06:43 AM

((((((Marle)))))) my heart goes out to you and I am praying for you and Megan...No parent, no human being should have to feel that panic and dread. You truly understand the powerlessness addiction, but I think it is so horrible...it just isn't right... that you have to feel helpless about being able to know what is going on...I don't understand why they can't make a report either...Perhaps, if you feel the need, trying another time with a different trooper? Hugs and many prayers

stefanie 07-14-2007 07:12 AM

Marle,
I am saying a prayer for your daughters safety. I understand how you feel, and I am so sorry.Why cant the the police file a report knowing the abf is violent?

Louise54 07-14-2007 07:17 AM

If she's been missing since the middle of June, I can't understand why they just can't file a report no matter how old she is. They have missing persons on the news all the time, every age. I agree with Greet. Maybe try another trooper.

marle 07-14-2007 07:32 AM

She has no permanent address and the trooper told me that she may just be staying in another motel. They don't have time to chase her down. They have not paid rent at the motel they were at for 3 weeks so I seriously doubt that they went to a different place. As for his being abusive they told me that she would have to file a report herself. Duh, they don't get that he is her drug supplier. She is not going to bite the hand that feeds her. I think they need some substance abuse training for the police. Or the laws need to change. I told him about her suicide attempts and that the drugs she uses can kill her and he just told me that is her choice. What choice? Again, unless one has been through this they can be so dense. I am praying for some sign. I believe going to the bank and finding out what I did yesterday has some meaning. Some message is being sent from HP. I just don't want to drive myself crazy again. I like my peace and serenity, but I am still a mother. Hugs, Marle

teke 07-14-2007 07:35 AM

oh marle, i'm so sorry, seems like there still should be a way that you could put her in the system. maybe you could try to go over the head of that trooper, talk to his superior, so what she's an addict, i think its unfair.

i'll keep her in my prayers, try not to awfulize too much. god knows where she is and he also knows how to protect her, keep her safe and guide her to the place where she is suppose to be. i'm still praying for you and her, so try to just keep the faith.,

pjbs55 07-14-2007 07:36 AM

Marle,
I am sending my prayers for your daughter's safety, and for you to have extra strength right now. Go to the police headquarters and tell them you just want to file the report this way if they find a someone they can see if it is your daughter. They don't have to look for her. Just get it in the system. Some people just don't want to do the paperwork.
Hugs coming to you

havehope 07-14-2007 07:36 AM

Praying that you find out soon that Megan is OK. I don't think that people who don't have a addict in their lives understand what we are going through with the addicts that we love so much. I think sometimes when we say the word addict, then they go to the bottom of a list for everything. I can understand your frustration. It might be worth it to try another trooper. I will be praying very hard for you and Megan. You are a great mom!
Terri

ladyamalthea 07-14-2007 07:58 AM

Marle,

I agree with you, it is very disturbing that the police won't even take a report. I say disturbing, and not surprising, because the police and the courts were of no help to my parents when my sister was on the run.

I am sure you've told everyone else this, and I know it doesn't matter, but I was just wondering, how old is she?

At any rate, just know that my heart is with you, and my husband and I will be praying for you and for her.

*hugs*

helpus 07-14-2007 08:11 AM

(((Marle))) Sending prayers that Megan is safe. Is there a local police office you might contact instead of the state troopers? In our area the local PD has a secific person that deals with the drug addicts and he is absolutly awesome. I hope you can find the same type of person.

marle 07-14-2007 08:30 AM

Megan is 21 and been involved with her crack addicted boyfriend who is 37 since she was 19. He preys upon young addicts. She is like his 3rd or 4th one so far. He dumps them when he has had enough. I just worry that he dumped her where she can't be found. He knows the woods in the UP of Michigan well and she has told me that he says that is where he will dump her body should anything like an OD happens to her.
Helpus, I have tried the local police. This was when she had a permanent address and no one had seen them for a week. They gave me the same run around. If she does not want to contact me, that is her perogative. I agree with that. But still...you understand. Hugs, Marle

liesagain 07-14-2007 08:41 AM

oh marle you and your daughter will be in my prayers...................
what about the mother of the ABF does she hear from them?

frankie_b 07-14-2007 08:52 AM

((( Marle ))) Sending prayers for you and daughter. Please God, I hope she will contact you soon.

marle 07-14-2007 08:54 AM

The mother of the abf is a huge enabler. She has covered checks that he has stolen and cashed around town. I have thought about calling her but she does not have a landline phone. It has been disconnected. Hmmm...I wonder why:) She also has another son and daughter that are addicts and live with her. Her husband died of a prescription drug overdose a few years ago. I am sure that she is worn out. The abf used to be really helpful to her and took care of her when she needed him. That was before crack took over his life. Like I have said before he made $140,000 in 2005 and $100,000 last year. My daughter told me in March how badly she felt for his mom when his mom would talk to her and tell her that she just did not understand what was happening to Steve. Well I guess my daughter did not feel too badly as she ripped her off for the check they cashed. Marle

gate to 07-14-2007 09:06 AM

Prayers for your daughters safety and that she's on a better path soon.Gate