Blogs

Notices

Prayers

Old 07-14-2007, 10:10 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by marle View Post
The mother of the abf is a huge enabler. She has covered checks that he has stolen and cashed around town. I have thought about calling her but she does not have a landline phone. It has been disconnected. Hmmm...I wonder why She also has another son and daughter that are addicts and live with her. Her husband died of a prescription drug overdose a few years ago. I am sure that she is worn out. The abf used to be really helpful to her and took care of her when she needed him. That was before crack took over his life. Like I have said before he made $140,000 in 2005 and $100,000 last year. My daughter told me in March how badly she felt for his mom when his mom would talk to her and tell her that she just did not understand what was happening to Steve. Well I guess my daughter did not feel too badly as she ripped her off for the check they cashed. Marle

Any chance they could be over there?

I'm so sorry Marle...

My prayers are with you...
Old 07-14-2007, 10:20 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
President

Keeping you and Megan in my prayers!
Old 07-14-2007, 10:25 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Done, That is a possibility that we have thought of but the only way to get in touch with Megan is through Steve's phone and we have left a message. She has never not at least texted me back. But I will give it a couple of days. I told my husband that what happened yesterday was a shock and shows that they are getting desperate. We need to prepare ourselves for whatever comes next. Hugs, Marle
Old 07-14-2007, 11:04 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

(((marle))) I'm praying for Megan's safety. I will keep my thoughts positive that she is ok and just laying low for awhile.

HUGS
Old 07-14-2007, 11:16 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Marle,

I'm a mom of an addicted daughter and my heart hurts for you and your family. I'm praying, asking God to be extra close to you at this time. And asking him to please keep a watch over your daughter.

In this instance I'd just try to stay in today and don't project. I know, easy for me to say, but you have your recovery tools and now is the time to whip out every one of them and put them to use. No amount of worry is going to change whatever is going on.

I'm praying, Marle.

Hugs,
Hangin' In
Old 07-14-2007, 11:23 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for your prayers and kind words. I really need to just keep this in perspective. I need to remember that this is just the progression of her disease. The positive thing is that in the past I would have been so angry at her. This time I realize that she is one sick puppy and just doing what addicts do to feed their disease. We have been out of contact for long periods of time before and I never knew what she was doing and I made it through one day at a time. This is her first brush with the law and I guess I need to expect the best (jail) and prepare for the worst (going on the lam). Hugs, Marle
Old 07-14-2007, 11:26 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Yesterday, my mom gave me a big hug and looked up into my eyes (she is 5 ft and I am 5 ft 6) and told me to not worry and be happy. That is what she wants for me. I told her not to worry, I am one tough old bird And you know something, I am!!!! Marle
Old 07-14-2007, 11:28 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I just prayed for her and you both. I understand, know I love you and hurt for you. Marian
Old 07-14-2007, 11:29 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

"going on the lam"...u been reading Mike hammer???
Old 07-14-2007, 11:33 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Patch, No, just old enough to know what the term means Marle
Old 07-14-2007, 11:35 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I guess that needing to know that she is alive is the thing that is really bugging me lately. I need to just let go of that too. That is going to be the next thing that I work on because I realize that too is "out of my hands". It was easier, though, when I knew where she was But I guess that is the case with all of our recoveries. They are easier to work when things are going good. Hugs, Marle
Old 07-14-2007, 11:36 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Survivor

Old 07-14-2007, 12:58 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Marle,

Not to harp, but I guess the thing I don't understand is why the motel room they were staying in would not be considered a place of residence, considering their stuff has been there as long as it has? I wonder if you might have any luck going above the officer's head on that one?

You and your daughter have been on my mind a lot today.

*prayers for your continued strength in this and hugs, lots of hugs*
Old 07-14-2007, 01:13 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Lady, I told the trooper that they have been living there since Feb and that the owner said that they have not been around for a while. He still said that does not constitue a residence. He finally just blew me off and told me he is sorry but he has other people lined up waiting for help. So I told him to remember the names of my daughter and her abf and if they stop them, get the drug dogs He may think that I am crazy but I don't It is really difficult for me to call places like the State Police, Mental Health, Adult Protective Services, etc. (believe me I have tried it all) because I end up feeling like the fool. They never want to help and I just get frustrated at my inability to effect any change. So for the most part I do practice "hands off the addict", because to do otherwise just endangers my serenity. Hugs, Marle
Old 07-14-2007, 01:18 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by marle View Post
Lady, I told the trooper that they have been living there since Feb and that the owner said that they have not been around for a while. He still said that does not constitue a residence. He finally just blew me off and told me he is sorry but he has other people lined up waiting for help. So I told him to remember the names of my daughter and her abf and if they stop them, get the drug dogs He may think that I am crazy but I don't Marle
Really? In California if you've been there for 3 weeks, no matter where it is, that is considered residency.

I tried to get a roommate kicked out years ago who was an addict, not on my lease, not paying for anything, etc....
but since he had been here more than 3 weeks and his 'stuff' was in my apartment, he had legal residency here, and there was NOTHING I could do about it.

((However if the cops came in and found drugs in our apartment, "I" would go to jail not him, because my name only was on the lease. He was scott free???))

This is what the police told me, and I talked to many of them.

Maybe the laws are different, but have you talked to more than one cop?

You know sometimes they make up their own laws....
Old 07-14-2007, 01:31 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

(((marle)))

Prayers that you hear from her soon
Old 07-14-2007, 01:34 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

I'm so sorry your daughter is in such a sad place, I'll pray for her safety and your peace of mind
Old 07-14-2007, 02:16 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Done, I have talked to a lot of cops over the years Basically she is an adult and if she wants to slit her wrists, throw up her food, throw chairs through windows, let her abf burn her with cigarettes, move from motel to motel, shoot heroin in her veins and not call me, that is her perogative because she IS AN ADULT. That last point is debatable, but that is the law here in Michigan. Sucks, but that is it. Hugs, Marle
Old 07-14-2007, 02:28 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

((((((Marle))))))

I can only imagine how you must feel right now. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I know you're struggling...this has to be so hard on you and your husband...but I just want you to know that I admire your strength and your recovery so very much.

Keep the faith Marle. Trust that your HP has something in the works. He does. I just know it.

Loving hugs and support....
Old 07-14-2007, 02:52 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Been praying all day for you and your daughter.
HUGS
Terri