A Penny for Your Thoughts #17

Old 07-06-2007, 09:44 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  
President

Originally Posted by Lovestoomuch View Post
Define................normal LOL. I pray to God I'm never "normal". I sort of like who I am right now.........and of course I reserve the right to change my mind later on down the line.

I just think if a person chooses to stay in recovery because they have issues that they want to continue to work on, they shouldn't have that thrown in their faces. Especially from someone who says things like we all need to start moving on with our lives, but that person continues to post here even though that person's A is long gone! I just don't like the judgmental attitudes!
Old 07-06-2007, 09:44 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

Originally Posted by cinderellawkids View Post

and Im way broken and need a lot of time to heel, realistically I think it should be a very long time

You know...........I thought 6 months was enough and I really am driving Noah COMPLETELY up the wall!! Why?? Cuz..............I don't know really. He's a really nice guy who would give me the world if he could.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:45 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  
President

I agree with the very long time thing. It's been almost 2 years since Tim and I split. I honestly don't feel ready to be in a relationship yet. I just don't think I have all that behind me, that I could look toward a future with someone else!
Old 07-06-2007, 09:48 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

btw, there is no such thing as normal!!

i almost forgot, i do have something interesting, at least to me - i'm going to the tesla concert tommorrow!! WOOHOO, i'm sooo excited. and the bad news, the irs sent us a nasty gram today. like they're really hurting for the money. they want bigger payments than what we've been sending. jerks. oh well, better to pay up then go to prison i guess. i still blame hubby for all that crap!
Old 07-06-2007, 09:49 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by finallyout View Post
cindi-guys are like that everywhere!! is shrimp guy hot? and hes employed, and not an addict? sh*t, i say go for it. at least keep him on the back burner till you're ready LOL!

There's one other thing. SInce his motorcycle accident he's had like 12 surgeries and now another one where a doctor messed up. He recently (6 months)came out of rehab (not what we are used to but where you need care due to surgery) and is staying at his moms until he goes back to work which he cant wait to do. So NOT like our AHs, even in pain active and ambitious, takes pain pills moderately.

I swore Id never ever get involved with another guy living at his moms. Course this one likes to work, makes good money, has been getting paid all along and about to settle some huge lawsuits for his injuries and so doesnt need anyone to take care of him.

He's a good back burner guy
Old 07-06-2007, 09:49 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Especially someone with no drama attached to them............I'll be honest ladies....it's not easy!! I have on several occasions tried to sabatoge my relationship with Noah and I can't tell you why. Scared of the unknown?? I think that may be more it. God forbid you have a man in your life who's all about making you happy before himself. I'm just as sick as they come. Why would I even think about letting him go? He's not perfect, but he's a wonderful man with a heart the size of the state he lives in.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:51 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

I think the people who say they dont need to be involved with recovery anymore and some that move real fast, are missing alot, makes you wonder, really where will they be in 5 years, 10, ect
Old 07-06-2007, 09:51 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

I can do it too. . .the sabotage thing I mean. . but is it really that or by stating my boundary with the newfound friendship with ex clearly what is causing all the ruckus?
Old 07-06-2007, 09:54 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  
President

Originally Posted by cinderellawkids View Post
I think the people who say they dont need to be involved with recovery anymore and some that move real fast, are missing alot, makes you wonder, really where will they be in 5 years, 10, ect

That's exactly it! Either you put in the time now, or you end up back in the same exact situation. Either with the A that brought you here to begin with or a brand spankin new A!
  # 110 (permalink)  

Loves, I constantly sabatage. It doesnt feel comfortable to truly be loved, because its a foreign feeling. But we know we are growing cause the unavailable ones are not longer our attraction either.

NMever do you ever have issues with being alone or single? Like I feel better to be able to say Im married. Isnt that warped?
  # 111 (permalink)  

i understand the sabotage thing too. i resorted (sp?) to searching his truck and wallet during his nap today. i have no idea why, hes shown NO signs of using or even wanting to use. hes freakin handling sh*t pretty well considering. if he would've woken up and caught me, the trust that we're trying to rebuild would've been destroyed and for no reason. i told you all i was crazy!
Old 07-06-2007, 09:56 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cookconfay View Post
I can do it too. . .the sabotage thing I mean. . but is it really that or by stating my boundary with the newfound friendship with ex clearly what is causing all the ruckus?

Tell us a little about what's going on.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:57 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

ok a certain someone must be bored with tv, cuz hes hovering at me and the computer so i'm off, talk to yous tommorrow. have a good night!!
Old 07-06-2007, 09:57 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by finallyout View Post
i told you all i was crazy!
Sweetpea........I think we're all a little crazy at this point. That's why I'm still here LOL.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:58 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  
President

I definitely have issues saying that I'm single. It somehow erks me. But, at the same time, I don't want to be in a relationship at this moment. And then there's a part of me that's like.... maybe that's what's missing!?!? And then there's this other part of me that's sooo sad and depressed that I only have J, and that I want more kids, but I don't want to have another child and then have 2 baby's daddies to deal with! I think I'm just a mess still!!!!
Old 07-06-2007, 09:59 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

I thought you were here cause you love us so much.

BTW, 4th of July I missed cartoons of blowing up our AHs, which I think would definately ahve been better than me night with AH
Old 07-06-2007, 09:59 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  
President

Night finally!
Old 07-06-2007, 10:01 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  
President

Loves... do you remember the thread where we somehow managed to come up with pics of our ex's and then had people shotting at them! I wish I could remember how we did that!
Old 07-06-2007, 10:02 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Yea...........i should have blown up something. Poor bottle rockets........still sitting there all packaged up nice and neat. Wish the ex were around....... I know something i'd like to blow off.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:03 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

I think thats the biggest part of letting go of AH. I liked it when he was in jail and I knew I was loved yet alone.

I gotta convince myself he loves me but I have to stay away completely so itll stay that way. It would be so much easier if he's just find another woman. Pain inflicted by others I can handle, my own I cannot