A Penny for Your Thoughts #17

Old 07-06-2007, 10:24 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

That this will never work, it never has and it never will. But. . .butt. . .buttttttttt
Of course I want it to work so bad and want to do whatever it takes, and want my partner to be willing to do the same! Talking on here the other day, it was brought out that I do indeed have a few trust issues, but for some reason this time when he came around I wasn't immediately on the defensive and trying to wonder what else he could be up to.
  # 142 (permalink)  
President

Duh! I just read your post Loves! Soooo.... stress aye??? LOL!

When I was in college I took a course on the Psychology of Gender. It was all about the differences in the thought patterns between men and women. Anyhow.... there was this whole portion of the class that focused on these books written about the "rules" that women should follow to get the man they want. In it, it said, "Never call him!" For some reason it makes them want you more when you appear disinterested! Just thought that was interesting to share!
  # 143 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

Originally Posted by cookconfay View Post
This is just hard because this is the guy I always returned to in my wildest fantasy of. . .What if. . .and have never really stopped loving since waaaayyyyy back. And to think that this was all about timing finally and he was now doing more of God's thing. ARGH! Let down, frustration, wanting to know . . .now what. I HATE THIS I am NOT GOING TO CALL HIM, NOT GOING TO CALL HIM, NOT GOING TO CALL HIM, TONIGHT, TOMORROW OR SUNDAY!!!!! I will mail a letter asking for the key to my house back before I call him. GOD PLEASE LET ME NOT CALL HIM

I lived in that fantasy world when I was with my exabf. God I loved that idiot!! The thing is.............if........if we could get our hearts to work in sync with our heads at all times...........there'd be a lot less fantasizing and a lot more realization a whole lot faster.........making this crap so much easier to get through.

Did that even make any sense?? LOL I'm getting sleepy finally for the first time since the 4th LOL.
  # 144 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nevergivingup View Post
Honestly, I only sporatically eat, and I usually binge when I eat because sometimes I lay in bed at night and realize that it's been a day or more since I've last eaten. Which is incredibly unhealthy. But, I've always been like that. So, there's nothing really different in that.

Do you think it could be stress?

I did that up until about a year ago, when I started getting dizzy and fainting. Now because of the bad eating habits, I cant miss a meal without serious sugar effects. On tests my sugar is fine, but the way my body processes is forever changed and I cannot do that anymore.

Try eating 2 healthy meals a day and see if the nausea ceases.

I didnt even realize eating wa s aproblem until I went to a counselor I wanted to regulate mood swings and she asked me to keep a food and mood diary,
Old 07-06-2007, 10:26 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Well yes it does come around quicker, the realization I mean. I kept my mouth shut about anyone else since we were together way back in 95. He on the other hand kept referring to this one or that one and that they all knew about me because I was the love of his life. Sob, sob
Old 07-06-2007, 10:26 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Why do we live in fantasy land with the jerks?
and we love them so much in spite of it all
Old 07-06-2007, 10:27 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Yeah why? Who can answer that?
Old 07-06-2007, 10:27 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Well Im getting sleepy too, gonna go, good night everyone
Old 07-06-2007, 10:28 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

And that's the sickness...............at least for me.........that's what I'm working on. I'm trying to be my best friend, because there's no way in hell I'd let my best friend get hurt like I was.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:29 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  
President

Night Cinder!
Old 07-06-2007, 10:29 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Thanks Cinder. . .been nice talking to ya!
Old 07-06-2007, 10:30 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

It's got to be a self esteem issue. How else can you explain it. If you knew you were better than to go through such bullsh!t you wouldn't. you'd walk away giving him the finger and telling him where to stick it.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:31 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  
President

For me, I had to come to the realization that there was alot in my past that lead me to him. Alot of issues that were left unresolved for soooo long, that whether it was xabf or someother fool, I would have clung onto them no matter how badly they treated me.
  # 154 (permalink)  

Night cindi.
  # 155 (permalink)  

Well how do you get to that point? I feel like that but then I question if I'm just being selfish self centered b*tch. How can it all be "my way" and they just have to adapt or what?
Old 07-06-2007, 10:33 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  
President

If you measured the amount of effort he puts into the relationship, would it come anywhere near the amount that you put into it?
Old 07-06-2007, 10:33 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Maybe even more?
Old 07-06-2007, 10:35 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

What's wrong with being a selfish b!tch? I don't mean that in the literal sense. I mean that in such a way that you are looking out for yourself. Life's not always going to go our way and there has to be some give and take on every level, but being treated poorly.........no.......no way and we shouldn't have to take it..........for what?? To be in love?? I am living proof that there is love out there and it doesn't have to hurt or be frustrating. It can be good.

Relationships that are meant to be IMO...........shouldn't be so damn complicated.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:35 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  
President

Whenever I think about these kinds of things, I think of my cousin, who's not the most gorgeous girl in the world, but guys literally fall all over her. They buy her whatever she wants. Take her out to the nicest places. Spend real quality time with her, doing things she enjoys. They compete for her. And why do they do that? Because she accepts nothing less then exactly what she wants!
Old 07-06-2007, 10:37 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Because she accepts nothing less then exactly what she wants!
Smart cookie IMO.