A Penny for Your Thoughts #17

Old 07-09-2007, 05:10 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Loves I know my kids would act like that Karma it will get me sooner or later!!!
Old 07-09-2007, 05:43 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  
grateful rca

hey cookcon, haven't met you yet, but i'm so glad you are here, hate the circumstance though. hope to get to know you better.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:49 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  
grateful rca

kj, i guess i have to deal with whether or not ah is planning on coming here the hard way, i guess. i thought that it would be much easier if i could have talked to him on the phone but when mil called me to tell me that he was there, she thought that it was not time for me to talk to him, for what reason i don't know. why did she have to call me to tell me that? its not like i want to go there nor am i trying to go there.

i talked to my mom about it and she told me that its only fair that i just tell her to not call or come to my house either, considering the way that she feels about me coming or calling her house.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:29 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  
grateful rca

gosh, being home is kind of awful for me right now. i have to get use to being home i guess. every kind of craving that i thought i could have is coming down on me like full force. i'm having crack attacks, tobacco attacks and coffee attacks like crazy. i'm having a hard time right now, focus teke, focus.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:30 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  

I think I posted this earlier and lost the post......

I presumed you called him about the unpaid bill. I would suggest instead writing it all down or typing it, make yourself a copy and mail it so it has to be signed for.

Use your caller id and do not take any of her calls.

It is bad manners to stop by one's home without an invitation or without calling first and asking if it is a good time.
I have been known to stand in the doorway blocking it and saying I do not accept uninvited guests. Or else yeah, hide and make yourself scarce...I just hate to see someone living in their own home in fear...I did that for too long and it's a horror and you are never comfortable or feel secure and safe. Do you have a garage so she doesn't know whether you are home? We sometimes park behind the house so it looks as if we are not here.
You can put a sign on the door that says ILL DO NOT DISTURB
Or you can simply tell her that the two of you have nothing more to talk about. Say it in the doorway and close the door.

Do you want to get sick from stress again? It may be hard to say or do some of these things but you'll only have to do it once, so the easier way is to get it over with.

Do not accept her disrespect or her abuse. If you are going to talk to her on the phone at the very first word of blame, disrespect etc...hang up. And leave it off the hook for awhile.

Do you want AH to come home? That puzzles me. I thought that was decided.

(((hugs))) take care of yourself in every way. We care.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:31 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  

This too shall pass, I can't tell you the last time I craved any dope or drinks. In August I will have 10 yrs and I know I keep mentioning that but to me it's a BIG DANG DEAL!!! Took me 20 years to get 10!!! I just prayed for God to remove my obsession and compulsion to use & drink. Still got the coffee and cigs thing going on though. All I know is this. . .it is easier to stay clean & sober than it is to GET clean and sober again!!!! HUGS
Old 07-09-2007, 06:39 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  
grateful rca

thanks cook, never heard it that way. it is much easier to stay clean than to get clean again. i have 5 yrs this time, i had 9 yrs that went right up in smoke before this, it is a big deal. you with 10 yrs carry a lot of hope, congratulations, one day at a time, thats something to be proud of, i think.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:40 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  

i dont mean to jump in here like this...

However...

I just want to say Teke, that I think you are an amazing woman...compassionate, strong and loving...

I look forward to reading your posts... knowing that I will gain some ES&H from you...

Without knowing it, you have helped me grow and become stronger...

Sorry for what you are dealing with at this moment...

You are strong, you will be able to handle this and do what you need to, no matter what mil deals at you.

BTW... she sounds as if she is MY mil's sister...lol
Old 07-09-2007, 06:41 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  
grateful rca

oh yea, i caved on the coffee, doc said that i could have one cup a day, so i gave in to that yesterday but i did stick to one cup. i sure hope i can stick to the one cup a day. cigs is a different story, i know that if i smoke one, i'll have to figure out how to quit again
Old 07-09-2007, 06:44 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  
grateful rca

OH EAGLEGIRL

go ahead and jump right in, thanks for the encouragement, you guys seem to be able to see in me what i cannot see in myself
Old 07-09-2007, 06:46 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  

I just love how that works!!! I've only been on here for a short time. I've jumped in maybe where I shouldn't have, I've whined and bitched and moaned and have gotten some really great responses and advice. Again, I would like to say thank you to all of you who have helped me so much in the last couple of weeks!! I was reading a few other posts and it looks like some of you live pretty close to each other. Is that right? Any of you anywhere near Texas?
Old 07-09-2007, 06:49 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Teke, would lollipops help?
they can rot your teeth but other than that not overall damaging and can pacify nerves for some people
Old 07-09-2007, 06:53 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  

thanks for the welcome!

i have been a member for two years now, but i know i dont post much...

i read everyday and feel as if i know so many here...it IS a special connection.

I have been a member on another forum...but here, it is SO much more relaxed and i find myself completely comfortable...

love you guys....
Old 07-09-2007, 07:17 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  
grateful rca

Originally Posted by cinderellawkids View Post
Teke, would lollipops help?
they can rot your teeth but other than that not overall damaging and can pacify nerves for some people

thanks cinder, haven't thought about that, i like jolly ranchers, got get some real soon. i do want to quit smoking though, i lost so much of my little weight so hopfully i can gain some by not smoking.

ah just called me from work to tell me that he is afraid of me, i didn't get to say anything cause he was so busy telling me what "they" sajd. who is they? his mom?

he said that when i got sick, i hollered out that i felt like my ah had tried to poison me, not true, but i do remember telling the dispatcher that i felt like my ah had done something to me, that i felt like i had been poisoned or something. don't know what kind of trouble that could cause him but i'm not sorry about saying that cause it was the truth about how i felt.

now i figure if he had any sick plans against me, then he knows now that if anything happens to me, that he would be the first person that they would look at. i'm being mean, huh!

anyway, i was sick and didn't know how i could all of a sudden be having that kind of stomach pain. i think that i was also delusional and losing conscienceness, i don't know what all i didnt' say.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:29 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Good Morning all,

Teke - a friend of mine quit smoking - she used orange flavored candy (mints, jolly ranchers, etc.) - I think the citrus is suppose to help with the nicotine cravings - Good luck. Fresh fruit is also suppose to help.

Couldn't hurt to try?

Rita
Old 07-09-2007, 07:45 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

Originally Posted by cookconfay View Post
Any of you anywhere near Texas?

Noah and I live in .....or near Quinlan in Texas although I'm in Florida at the present time.

I'm at work and we are soooooooooooooooo busy today. I hate Mondays!! I'll have to catch up during lunch.

Just wanted to send morning hugs to all my friends.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:52 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Ok I don't know where Quinlan is and ***** Maps can't find it either???? I'm in the panhandle.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:00 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Teke I started taking the Chantix to quit smoking it worked for so many people I know. I dont understand why they were able to quit after the 1st week of taking it and I'm in my 3rd week and still smoking still craving. I will just keep trying though. I got nothing to loose. I gotta set a quit date and just do it. Problem is I like smoking I enjoy relaxing and having one. Yet I hate it just as much I hate that it controls me. Teke relax light some good smelling candles u know hes crazy I wouldnt have put that past him either yet again if he did then that would prove all along that u were right. Then u wouldnt look so crazy after all. So cunning just baffles me.

Good job though on the coffee I'm am glad that is one thing I never got hooked on supprisingly cause seems I get hooked to EVERYTHING!!! None of my friends really drink it either must be a generation thing I dont really know anyone my age who does drink coffee well cinder but thats it.

I love this place especially this thread everyone can just pop in speak their mind grab a seat and stay its addicting!! Great new addiction!!! Well we all knew that. My day is SO peaceful I ran to my moms and let their dog out and will go back again to let him out. I didnt lock him up though let him roam the house for a bit. hes an older dog and doesnt need to be locked up for that long. He doesnt eat though when my parents are gone I feel so bad. Yesterday I made him drink some water. Just gets sad.

Well off to clean seems a hurricane has come right through here this past week. I dont know why I bother to clean I know it will just be messy in a couple hours when the hurricane gets home from work!!

Oh anvil just a couple more weeks u two can make it. Its been so long though and especially when your just used to the 2 of u. Just having my nieces here turned our world upside down especially when your not used to it and your in a routine. Me and Scott forgot a few times to close the bathroom door. Its one of those luxeries using the bathroom with the door open when its just the 2 of u or getting naked on the couch cant do that when u have company. 2 more weeks u will make it stay strong!!! Remember this too shall pass (I hope )
Old 07-09-2007, 08:10 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  

does drink coffee well cinder but thats it.
I drink it for a raise in dopomine levels. But Yeah Im down to 1 cup a day too, but I ahve to have that cup, bet I could do it with decaf at this point, its now a routine I enjoy.

If only I could quit soda.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:15 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

I love unsweetened tea!! - Sometimes splurge with sweet tea - but Sonic unsweeten tea is a daily thing for me.

Hot chocolate is my morning drink - not to big on coffee - gives me a headache sometimes.