Things That Drive You Crazy While Living With An Addict

Old 03-13-2007, 07:42 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

this was one from today

Coming home to a brand new, huge piece of furniture missing.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:40 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

What drove me crazy...
Having to hide the check book, keeping a separate account in my 1 year olds name, hiding my jewelry, TRYING to wake him up at 2pm, and on and on!!
Old 03-13-2007, 09:15 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Becoming a Butterfly

I'd be laying in bed at night and I'd hear him drunkenly bumping into things.

The sharp sound of a can of beer being opened. If someone opens a soda can I always look up immediately to determine what kind of beverage made the noise.

That overfriendly BS way he'd act when he was drinking and hoped I'd leave it alone or not notice.

How to this day he uses totally unfair emotional combat against me. When he was arrested he sent me an email that said, "Won't you please come and take me home?" I don't think I'll ever recover.

How he actually thinks he's some kind of martyr and I'm profoundly wrong for "throwing away" our basic love relationship. How he actually made me wonder if it were true.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:31 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
grateful rca

Originally Posted by mikiglen View Post
the what i call "jail glen"
whenever my exah is in jail or rehab....i constantly get the "God put us together for a reason" stuff. how we are truly husband and wife (not), and bound together, and should stay together. telling me i shouldn't see anyone else cause we are going to work things out, and it would kill him if i dated (he LIVED with another girl off and on the last two years)....."i love you. i want to be a good husband and father", and all the biblical quotes
God, i wish he'd just leave me alone
he didn't think or care about us when he was out using and hurting us.....i don't want to hear all this stuff now, ya know?
my ah did the same thing, we were seperated for almost 9 months before he went to jail, didn't care to have no contact with us, hadn't been in prison 2wks before i all of a sudden became the girl of his dreams and to think i kind of fell for the quacking, not that this is what your ah is doing, but what mine did, and as soon as those 2 yr was up, in less than one month, he was using again and living somewhere on somebodies couch or the streets, i don't know and wasnt tring to find out. soon after that i went right back to jail.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:32 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

~Scanning the Caller Id to see if it's bad news, because it always is.
~Worrying you'll get that final call, or even worse that you won't because they had no id on them.
~Wondering for weeks, when or if they might ever resurface and what new tragedies might be in store when they do.
~Trying to summon the courage to "Believe" just once more that they really are in rehab and ready to change their lives...and feeling guilty when you just can't believe any longer.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:49 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

the sick feeling in my stomach when I notice he hasnt been doing step work for days..............
when he stops talking as much.................
when I start to fear a relapse is imminent
Old 03-14-2007, 05:31 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

The acting as though nothing has happened an that things should just go on the way they were , even after they have been caught stealing from you !
Old 03-14-2007, 07:04 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

OH the sprint lady ARGH if I ever see her! Ok true story you know they never answer the phone and by the 100th time hearing that recording you want to get in the car and FIND THEM! Hunt them down like prey! So what does my ex do he ACTUALLY took the home phones I had no cell phone and the keys so I couldnt call and be mad when he didnt answer. So he thought he could stay out all night and i wouldnt be mad cause at least I couldnt say he didnt answer the phone. AHHH How soon he forgets paybacks a biotch and so am I. grocery shopping I told him I forgot my purse in the car left him with a cart of food and took the car and left his arse there. OOPs couldnt call me!!!! Cause you LOST the home phone on your night out oh well!!! SO SORRY! Thats my ramble that darn sprint lady look at what even the mention of her does to me YEARS later! ARGH!
Old 03-14-2007, 07:14 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
grateful rca

so kj, did you get the home phone back? mine sold mine once and i went right to the dope man's house and threatened to call the police if they didn't GIVE it back and they did. whew!!!!!!!!!!! i guess i found out later that i had done a dangerous thing so i suggest nobody tries this at home.

its like what do they be thinking, makes me wonder if i did stuff like this, when i was using, i guess my family must have thought so, huh. sounds common for addictive thinking.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:01 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

heh, reminds me of a somewhat funny story....my ex stole my cordless phone one time (along with other things), and left us with no phone in the house. so, the next day, i went to a pawn shop to get a new one.
not til i got home, took the handset off and saw the numbers written on the little sticky thing, did i realize I JUST BOUGHT MY OWN PHONE BACK
so not funny at the time, but now......

crazy, bug eyed, stick up hair.....

asking for my last ten dollars cause instead of diapers, we REALLY NEED this part for the car, or it won't start again
Old 03-14-2007, 10:07 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

stealing a cordless phone, wow. MY AH never did that, probably because I was always breaking them by throwing them across the room when I knew he was using and not coming home....

Mine pawned the microwave and vaccuum though, and I rebought the same DVD player until I just decided forget it.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:08 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I hate payday when you live with an addict. Never know how much your gone get, or any at all.

Funny, when he was in jail I hated my payday because then I had to figure out what I wasnt going to pay
Old 03-14-2007, 11:25 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

After he's had his first drink after coming home from work he gets all happy. He follows me around being all happy and talking like life is great. It drives me nuts. I know in an hour when that 'I'm finally buzzed' feeling wears off, he will be back to his usual self.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:32 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

lol on the microwave and vaccuum...whoulda thunk a vaccuum?
we used to rent a house with all appliances furnished....he of course ended up going to jail, which left me explaining to the owner why not only was i unable to pay my rent.....but why the refrigerator, washer and dryer were no longer in the house.
that's what i hated more than anything. i was the one always having to clean up his mess...explain things to people, try to pay people back (like the time he borrowed forty dollars for ME to get formula, cause i was having to feed my baby mashed bananas...like i didn't have breast milk or something....the stories he told always embarrassed me), comfort the kids
just glad it's over
Old 03-21-2007, 02:38 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
grateful rca

thought that i would bump this up, maybe for those that are new to take a look at if interested.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:19 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

10 pm vacuuming frenzies.....while the kids were trying to sleep.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:49 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
gnome on the range

Originally Posted by txsunflower View Post
I hate the Sprint computer woman, "We're sorry the customer you are trying to reach is not available..."

Sorry, I'm late in reading this thread... I had to respond to this one...

OMG! I hate that woman too! you just don't know how much I hate her voice. It drives me up the wall. and I am forever changing his ring tone for when he calls me. There are some that I really liked but everytime I hear them they take me back to THAT codie hell! Even today I am feeling so much better that I have been successful in letting go... but once I hear those sounds... it brings back those awful memories and I wanna smack someone across their face!!
Old 03-22-2007, 06:36 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

the biggest thing that drove me crazy was the lying i had to do to my family.
i avoided them completely just so i didnt have to lie.
i hated constantly climbing up on counter tops to look for syringes,
i hated calling my credit card companies and making excuses as to why my credit card was stolen again
the stench in the car was something i could never understand, i just didnt know why my car smelled, what do they do in the cars? still dont know that one, but thankfully my car doesnt smell anymore because hes gone.
and of course the famous cigarette holes, still find them all over the place, clothes, furniture, blankets, sucks sucks sucks!
Old 03-22-2007, 07:43 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

:Opiate Addiction:

Him hiding his wallet and pills so I couldn't count the money and his pill usage.

They way he argues like a 12 year old with my 12 year old daughter.

Nodding off.

Cigarrette burns in the new carpet.

Cigarrette burns on my new comforter.

So many "sorry" letters instead of I love you letters.

Money missing from my puse everyday.

They way I still support him by giving him the money to get his suboxone.

Him deleting his phone calls on his phone.

His mother partially blaming me for his problems because he finds my nerve pills.

Zooming/Cleaning the house like there's no tomorrow.

Stomping like no one taught how to walk when he was younger.

Mood Swings

If I accept an apology, it gives him the ok to act like an a$$hole again amd everything goes back to normal (his normal).

Lying about how much his check was so he could have stash money.

And finally, when he once called me on the phone and said, "who's this?"
I played it...I said "who are you looking for?"
"Jeremy?" (His dealer)

"Oh, well this is your wife."

"J/K... I was just messing around with you."
That was a couple months ago and he finally confessed it was a dialing mistake.

Nice joke.
Old 03-24-2007, 04:45 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

paying for he pills first instead of bills or food.then when the money is all gone what did u (talking about me) do with the money.then getting mad that my brother and his wife had to buy our kids school clothes.to him i did that on purpose just to make him fill like sh**.everything is about them and their drug of choice.