AW - A Special Snowflake

Old 03-02-2018, 08:32 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CentralOhioDad View Post
Hmmm, had not thought of that, but since he is a US Citizen only, he wouldn't be able to get any other passport. But thanks for making me thin that one through
So there is no way he can get citizenship from your wife's country of birth?

For many countries you wouldn't even need to be involved or notified. If he has claim to citizenship in her country of birth, she could apply for a passport as proof of that citizenship (by descent).

Just want to make sure you have covered all your bases COD.
Old 03-03-2018, 07:14 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Dear COD
In my county in California, anyone can look at the Superior Court website and see if papers have been filed, even before the respondent is served.
The fact that her is family is sending her money seems a little suspicious, Perhaps they have looked online?
Do you have friends at your church you could stay with during your recovery? I am concerned that you are facing a lot of post-op trauma if you stay with her.
Old 03-03-2018, 05:33 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
So there is no way he can get citizenship from your wife's country of birth?

For many countries you wouldn't even need to be involved or notified. If he has claim to citizenship in her country of birth, she could apply for a passport as proof of that citizenship (by descent).

Just want to make sure you have covered all your bases COD.
I'll have my atty. look into that. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 03-03-2018, 05:35 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Eauchiche View Post
Dear COD
In my county in California, anyone can look at the Superior Court website and see if papers have been filed, even before the respondent is served.
The fact that her is family is sending her money seems a little suspicious, Perhaps they have looked online?
Do you have friends at your church you could stay with during your recovery? I am concerned that you are facing a lot of post-op trauma if you stay with her.
If I stay with someone else, then I am leaving DS alone with AW, and I can't have that happen. And she wouldn't let him go anywhere away from her.

And, I'll check out our county court website to see if anything has been posted yet.
Old 03-03-2018, 05:40 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CentralOhioDad View Post
If I stay with someone else, then I am leaving DS alone with AW, and I can't have that happen. And she wouldn't let him go anywhere away from her.

And, I'll check out our county court website to see if anything has been posted yet.
Nothing is on any sites for my county. Whew!!!
Old 03-04-2018, 05:40 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

DS has no passport, and in this day-and-age he would need one to travel.

Sorry for banging on about the passport again but are you 100% sure she hasn't got him one behind your back. I don't know about the US but in UK we only need one parents signature for child passport.
Old 03-04-2018, 08:57 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybird579 View Post
DS has no passport, and in this day-and-age he would need one to travel.

Sorry for banging on about the passport again but are you 100% sure she hasn't got him one behind your back. I don't know about the US but in UK we only need one parents signature for child passport.
A few years ago my daughter traveled out of the US. Because she was a minor BOTH parents had to be there to apply for a passport. Her mom passed away so I showed a death cert.

A quick Google search..

https://www.us-passport-service-guid...-passport.html
Old 03-04-2018, 02:52 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

COD, is there anything in the divorce papers about limiting travel distance or have you included anything about sole custody and restrictions on access??? i agree to never leave the boy with her. but i wouldn't leave a houseplant on her watch.
Old 03-04-2018, 11:51 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Hmmm, had not thought of that, but since he is a US Citizen only, he wouldn't be able to get any other passport. But thanks for making me thin that one through
I don't think that is true. If he's a dual citizen I believe he could get passports from both countries. I expect different countries have different rules about that.

One of my grandchildren is a dual citizen. Her dad is Mexican, my daughter is American. Their child has a passport from both countries. As she was born in Holland, where they all lived at the time, both my daughter and the dad had to go to the consulate and sign her up to have citizenship in both countries.

Anyway - I follow your story and like many others here, I hope you're out of this toxic environment ASAP.
Old 03-05-2018, 06:06 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
COD, is there anything in the divorce papers about limiting travel distance or have you included anything about sole custody and restrictions on access??? i agree to never leave the boy with her. but i wouldn't leave a houseplant on her watch.
I know in my state, as soon as divorce is filed, an administrative order automatically goes into effect. Part of this order states that the minor child(ren) cannot be removed from the state without the permission of both parents.
Old 03-05-2018, 06:11 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Same here, but that is taking into account a person is normal and will obey the rules.

Originally Posted by TropicalWinter View Post
I know in my state, as soon as divorce is filed, an administrative order automatically goes into effect. Part of this order states that the minor child(ren) cannot be removed from the state without the permission of both parents.