AW - A Special Snowflake

Old 02-27-2018, 09:36 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

COD......you "don't know how/when to stop".....
One clue that it is time could be...when you are simmering in anger and resentment...or...when you don't have time to fart.........
Old 02-27-2018, 10:26 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

COD,

I hope you have good family and friends you can reach out to for a little help if you need it after surgery.

Something to keep in mind with filing....if she does ditch her job before you file, you might get screwed in more ways than one with regards to maintenance and child support. Might talk to your attorney about that 'what if.'

Hang in there - keep fighting the good fight and take care of yourself!
Old 02-27-2018, 11:03 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by firebolt View Post
COD,

I hope you have good family and friends you can reach out to for a little help if you need it after surgery.

Something to keep in mind with filing....if she does ditch her job before you file, you might get screwed in more ways than one with regards to maintenance and child support. Might talk to your attorney about that 'what if.'

Hang in there - keep fighting the good fight and take care of yourself!
She said she won't give up the job, she knows we can't afford that. I believe she has enough goodwill established at her job that they won't ditch her, but one never knows - she can get mouthy at times.

Many have said "Take care of yourself" - that's hard for me to do. Ya know, martyr and all!
Old 02-27-2018, 11:13 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CentralOhioDad View Post
Many have said "Take care of yourself" - that's hard for me to do. Ya know, martyr and all!
We do hard things everyday--when we believe they are necessary. Some of them are so vital that most of us don't even consider them difficult anymore.

Don't focus on doing hard things. Focus on believing that you deserve to take care of yourself, and that it is necessary to do so.
Old 02-27-2018, 11:20 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

We are giving you permission to make taking care of yourself your top priority, COD! You know what has a greater impact on recovery from health issues and surgery? Stress.
Old 02-27-2018, 11:22 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SparkleKitty View Post
We do hard things everyday--when we believe they are necessary. Some of them are so vital that most of us don't even consider them difficult anymore.

Don't focus on doing hard things. Focus on believing that you deserve to take care of yourself, and that it is necessary to do so.
^Yep.

You also don't have to change everything all at once, overnight. Just focus on one small change that you can make that qualifies as self-care in your world & then keep doing it until it becomes habit.

You can keep adding to your self-care definition (It's different for each of us) & adding more into your routine, but the important part is starting... there will never be a "good" time for this or a "perfect" way to fit it into your life - just like so many other recovery-related needs.... just like there are no perfect set of circumstances for an addict to start recovery. Why not just start today?

Don't forget - you don't want to pass down that martyring ability to DS any more than you want AW to pass down her Codie habits, right? Ok.... jumping down now.....
Old 02-27-2018, 11:23 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gm0824 View Post
We are giving you permission to make taking care of yourself your top priority, COD! You know what has a greater impact on recovery from health issues and surgery? Stress.
Oh, I've got stress.
Old 02-27-2018, 11:30 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Then it's not a request, it's an order! Take time for yourself or I will be left with no other choice but to chase you down the street with a chain saw!
Old 02-27-2018, 11:30 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Can I chime in here?
AW, besides getting digs about how she does everything, will NOT want anyone she doesn’t know in the house.
Addicts don’t want anyone disturbing the status quo. It’s part of their condition
My addict sib chased off one housekeeper by being a meathead, and his default go to whenever I have scheduled repairs and workmen coming to the house is “we don’t need that.”
Since taking over my mother’s house affairs three years ago, I have replaced 3 exterior doors, two toilets, one range hood, two windows, a heating system, 2 porches, and 2 leaks fixed.
But we didn’t need any of those.
Anyway, that’s my two cents, fwiw.
Old 02-27-2018, 11:47 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I don't really rely on my XAH for child support or for him to pay anything. He has a good job now, but since I know the best predictor of the future is the past, he will have it for another year or two, then be unemployed for about two more.

I have worked really hard to advance myself at work so that I could be financially independent and not have to depend on my XAH paying for anything. If he pays, great. If not, it won't break me, thank God!

He does have one full time job that he has never lost, professional victim. Ha.
Old 02-27-2018, 12:17 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Oh, I've got stress.

maybe get in yer car, take a ride, and crank up some music??
Old 02-27-2018, 12:27 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

With her preaching her 'value' at home and at work. I wonder if she's starting to sense/gut feeling that things are about to implode on her? Almost seems,to me, like she's selling herself to you. She is/does "this,that and the other". I know when my 'defense' kicked in,when i sensed something was 'off', I'd circle the BS wagons and start selling myself to others. Just a thought.

Edit; And I knew that/what I was doing. Self(addict) preservation is crazy!
Old 02-27-2018, 12:29 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DontRemember View Post
With her preaching her 'value' at home and at work. I wonder if she's starting to sense/gut feeling that things are about to implode on her? Almost seems,to me, like she's selling herself to you. She is/does "this,that and the other". I know when my 'defense' kicked in,when i sensed something was 'off', I'd circle the BS wagons and start selling myself to others. Just a thought.
She's been doing this crap for years. Victim mentality
Old 02-27-2018, 12:32 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

She was supposed to get served a couple of weeks ago, and then her AM died, so I decided not to throw the divorce on top of grief. (Of which I caught some grief, but I'm okay with that.)
I remember her mom dying so you stalled on her getting served. When is this back up on the front line?

(**Please don't say, "Well, now I'm having surgery. I don't want to deal with this right now."**)
Old 02-27-2018, 12:34 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

She's been doing this crap for years. Victim mentality
Yeah.. I tossed an edit in there.. It(victim mentality) kept me drinking because I hated who/what I had become. That mentality took me about 2months of solid recovery 'work' to accept that I had been an ******* the past few years.
Old 02-27-2018, 12:41 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Learning14 View Post
(**Please don't say, "Well, now I'm having surgery. I don't want to deal with this right now."**)
Okay, I won't say it.....
Old 02-27-2018, 03:00 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

When you've had enough of her BS, you've had enough COD

Wishing you strength until you're ready to pull trigger and find some peace
Old 02-27-2018, 03:20 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I say you hire one of those hot cleaners - you know with the little black dress and feather duster

(Sorry, I couldn't resist )
Old 02-27-2018, 03:22 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Bad Clover!
Old 02-27-2018, 03:29 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Bahaha! I thought that too...Clover said it!

treat yo self, COD. I joke...kinda...One day, you will be able to relax and breathe and not pull double weight.