100 Happy Days, Part 2! Any Takers?

Old 11-23-2015, 05:47 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  

I missed my post from yesterday, so here it is for catch-up: Grateful that I found the electric blanket and that it still works. In order to keep my heating bills down, during the day I will be closing off the room where I sleep. (I have a centrally located direct-vent heater, not the usual furnace w/ducts to each room, so it makes a big difference if I cut down the area being heated.)

However, when coming home from work late at night in the cold, it's not going to be very inviting to go climb in a freezing bed! I figured if I put the blanket on the bed and then make a point to immediately turn it on when I get home, the bed should be warm and comfy a half hour later when I'm ready to lie down w/minimal energy costs. I gave it a trial run last night and it looks like it's going to work as planned--Yay!

Oh, and the dogs heartily approve also...
Old 11-23-2015, 07:14 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  

I'm grateful that I have all of my divorce paperwork filled out and ready to go. I signed everything today and had it notarized. I'm grateful that I work for the county government, so I can take a government parking pass and drive over to the courthouse to file everything, without having to pay the exorbitant parking fees. I'm grateful that I finally have the filing fee. I'm grateful that I trusted my gut and waited a few months to file, so that the dust would settle and we would be in a parenting routine.

I'm also grateful that I can laugh off the fact that I left my check book at home, and will have to wait to file until tomorrow.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:15 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wisconsin View Post
I'm also grateful that I can laugh off the fact that I left my check book at home, and will have to wait to file until tomorrow.
Oh, POOP, Wisconsin!! But being able to laugh it off is sure a wonderful thing.

And all that other stuff is beyond great!!
Old 11-23-2015, 07:19 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Today's post: I am incredibly grateful for Brene Brown's work. It has taken me a bit to get into it, but it is exactly what I need at exactly this time...funny how that happens, isn't it? So much of it seems to be speaking directly to me. When talking about vulnerability, she says how the 2 most important words we can say to someone who is struggling are "me too." You are not alone, I've been there, I am there--ME TOO. And right now, her work is a big giant ME TOO when I seriously need it.

Thanks to Brene and thanks to the recovery friend who got me started w/her.

Old 11-23-2015, 09:11 AM
  # 365 (permalink)  

45 - Happy for fishing trips without alcohol - I can actually take everything, be grateful, and feel authentic.
46 - Happy for fantasy football - it's nice to be good at something!
47- Happy for a short work week!
Old 11-23-2015, 09:41 AM
  # 366 (permalink)  

#45 - Grateful for an unexpected morning of garage sales, Goodwill & dollar tree shopping with a good friend. We always have fun no matter how difficult life is going & rib on each other ALL day - 3 separate times people stopped & asked, "Are you sisters? I only talk like that to my sister!"

#46 - So happy with the ongoing purging I am doing at my house..... it's exhausting & never-ending work (apparently) but I'm starting to appreciate the fruits of all that hard work & organized space.

#47 - So grateful today for my job- I may whine & grouse a bit at times but I'm so incredibly lucky to have a great place with wonderful people who really care about me beyond what I do to earn my paycheck.
Old 11-23-2015, 02:20 PM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Firebolt-thank you for posting that! I went fishing over the summer and had a blast-it's only the second time I've gone fishing since I got sober. Turns out I really do like to fish-and I look forward to going back soon authentic is a beautiful thing !!
Old 11-23-2015, 03:23 PM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Peace, peace, and more peace. I almost forgot how weekends used to be bad. Sunday on Monday would always be sleepless, in tears.

Feeling better and better each and every day. Leaving the shell slowly. Do you sometimes feel as it is bad to enjoy life? But, it is ok to be happy. It is ok to walk holding your head high. My ex had so many chances. Why would I feel guilty?

So, I am happy. Waiting patiently for my little Thanksgiving feast. I am sure that the mashed potatoes are going to be perfectly lumpy this year :p. Just the way I like them.
Old 11-23-2015, 08:17 PM
  # 369 (permalink)  

Grateful for a phone call from my former mil. She was really disappointed about not having actual Christmas with DS14, and so offered to come pick him up after school the 23rd instead of waiting to meet me halfway on the 26th (that was the soonest I could do it with the boys' school and my work schedule unless we wanted to spend all day Christmas on the road). I asked if they could maybe swing up to PA on the way and meet DS6's grandparents to make the handoff to them and they said it was no problem. It's awesome, not only because it saves me 16 hrs of driving, but both boys also get to spend the actual holiday with their grandparents. YAY!
Old 11-24-2015, 07:42 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  

#48 - SO happy that I woke with RAH's alarm after I apparently snooooooozed right through my own (about 30 mins earlier). I had to sacrifice my morning workout but the only thing worse than mornings are LATE mornings.

I'm not a morning person, can you tell?
Old 11-24-2015, 09:10 AM
  # 371 (permalink)  

#48 - So happy for enough self awareness to see that a few bad days REALLY WERE (at least in part) just PMS.

4 days per month does not constitute a crazy person - RIGHT?!
Old 11-24-2015, 09:16 AM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Grateful to be off of work for a whole week with really nothing planned but to spend time with my son and people I want to surround myself with!

Grateful that I finally got to the gym today and felt soo good.
Oh and I also love Brene Brown and appreciate you all that recommended her
Old 11-24-2015, 12:23 PM
  # 373 (permalink)  

I'm grateful for my mom's pumpkin pie recipe. It's not much different from the tried-and-true recipe on the back of a can of Libby's canned pumpkin, but it always makes me feel connected to my mom. She would be so effing proud of me right now.
Old 11-24-2015, 12:42 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Grateful that I looked at my calendar today and realized the new year is just weeks away....this year has been the toughest but also the best in many many ways. I am blessed and looking forward to turning the page on the calendar and closing this year off for good. Hallelujah!
Old 11-24-2015, 03:40 PM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Today I'm grateful for laughter, skipping and snow.
Old 11-24-2015, 03:54 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  

Grateful for apples and for house chores. Cleaning and polishing your own place is actually fun! I love my den.
Old 11-24-2015, 04:09 PM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Grateful for my new printer! I keep on finding little gems on the internet that I want to post somewhere in the house, so I print them out and then hang them up where they will do the most good. Maybe this is a weird practice, but for now, I need all the reinforcement and repetition I can get!
Old 11-24-2015, 07:47 PM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Grateful that I remembered to get the chicken out of the freezer. It's just going to be four of us this year, so that's plenty of meat for everyone, plus leftovers to make a pot pie. I'm gonna be a brining fool tomorrow.
Old 11-25-2015, 09:15 AM
  # 379 (permalink)  

Grateful today that I can spend time with my father who drove down for a quick visit, he was not in alcoholic or addict but emotionally absent and not available on all levels all my life. I can shed some resentment about him from my childhood and try to see our relationship with different eyes in my recovery.

Grateful I have a place to share this gratitude!
Old 11-25-2015, 09:31 AM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Day 49 - happy to do a 5k before a driving to see my family for a nice big dinner. Happy early Thanksgiving F&F - hope you all have an amazing holiday.