100 Happy Days, Part 2! Any Takers?

Old 11-25-2015, 10:39 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  

#49 - Feeling pretty grateful today for those brave souls that came before us that had the courage to stand up & say, "I CANNOT be the only one!"...... and groups like this were born. Their efforts have made it easier on people like me to accept & seek out healing in a group environment instead of staying isolated in my problems.

With everything that we have available to us today & with information & help literally only a click away for many of us, it is STILL so hard to take that first step & reach out. I can't imagine how much more difficult it felt when there was no path to follow.
Old 11-25-2015, 12:16 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  

#48 Grateful for life and having another chance to live it. Grateful for absolutely no drama. My place is so quiet. My doggy is sleeping after vigorous exercise. His limping is completely gone and I am so grateful for that.
Old 11-25-2015, 09:42 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Thankful for the hour-long nap I had before going to work today. My basset was tired from our big walk earlier and snoozed in front of the heater on his bean bag, but the little terrier mix came and snuggled w/me while I put on some soothing music and dozed on and off. I felt so rested and so peaceful when it was time to get up!

Here are all the culprits, plus old Sammy who has gone on to his well-deserved reward; he is the distinguished gentleman in the lefthand corner.
Old 11-26-2015, 10:32 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Thankful for the delicious stuffed portabella cap and broccoli I just made myself for lunch! Very tasty (stuffing of breakfast sausage, rice, onion, red pepper, and roasted butternut squash chopped up), very seasonal, yet light enough that I will still be able to do justice to dinner later on at 5:30 w/the family, such of us as still remain...
Old 11-26-2015, 12:10 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Grateful that I am ALL DONE cooking. Everyone can scavenge leftovers for the rest of week(end).
Old 11-26-2015, 03:41 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  

#49 Happy Thanksgiving! There are many thing to be grateful for this year, and sorry if I repeat myself, but

1) I am grateful for the courage to make the move, to get ready and go for it. I am grateful that I filed for divorce and that it was rather painless, although the speed and ex's passivity were shocking.
2) I am grateful for my home and for the ability to support myself. I am grateful for having a roof above my head and that basically I do not miss anything material.
3) I am grateful for my pets.
4) I am grateful for a great Thanksgiving meal I had today. It was only me and my pets, but we all had a little feast. I am grateful for no yelling and screaming and door slamming because the stuffing was "soggy."
5) I am grateful for my family. They all know now what happened and they all support my decision 100%.
6) I am grateful for this forum and all the great people on here. Hope you all have a safe and happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-26-2015, 06:25 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  

I want to add a bonus thankful thing--so very grateful for my family, who treated me w/extra care and kindness today, knowing that XAH will be finalizing his move out tomorrow and I'm still struggling. Words cannot express how much this meant to me. I am so fortunate.
Old 11-26-2015, 06:50 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Hugs, honeypig. I think after he's finally out, things will start getting easier for you. You've been through so much with him, and I know you still care about what happens to him. Hopefully he will someday find his way, but YOU are gonna be OK. You've been kind and patient, and I hope that your experience will be like mine--sadness that it had to come to this, but relief that you're off the sinking ship.
Old 11-27-2015, 04:30 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

honeypig.....I, also, think that, after he is finally out, you will feel a giant weight lifted from your shoulders.
I know you have sadness....but, that sadness will fade when he is not a constant presence. You have been sad for a long time, I think......
It is time for you to be released from it.....

dandylion
Old 11-28-2015, 04:58 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

I'm a day behind here, so this post is for 11/27. I'm grateful for the opportunity I received last night to help someone else while helping myself. I got an email from a member of an Alanon group I haven't been able to attend for a while. She is looking for someone to go to a meeting w/her this AM and then go for a walk. She sent an email to a handful of names off the list from that meeting, including mine, hoping to find someone.

Since meetings and walking are both things I like to do, I said I'd be glad to go w/her. She replied to the email, is going to call me in about an hour and set up details.

Isn't it great how stuff like this works out sometimes? And it's supposed to be a sunny day, too...
Old 11-28-2015, 06:36 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  

#50 Grateful for the Black Friday spent at home. Grateful that I could stay home because the weather and the icy rain were pretty bad. The pavement looks like glass. I am grateful for salt that I poured all over the stairs.

#51 Grateful for warm blankets and hot coffee.
Old 11-28-2015, 09:24 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Grateful for cheesy Christmas movies on the Hallmark channel, hot chocolate, curling up on the couch with a warm blanket, lots of arts and crafts time with the kids and geting bundled up for a cold wet run this morning.
Old 11-28-2015, 03:03 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Grateful for the owls I heard calling to each other just at dusk tonight, while I was filling the bird feeders for tomorrow. It's nearly full dark now, just the shadows of tree limbs against the barely-lit blue of the sky, very still, very peaceful, very beautiful. My "fake log" heater is burning, giving a lovely flickery glow, and my dogs are curled up sleeping on the big braided rag rug in the living room. There is a deep, deep sense of peace. I don't remember when last I felt something like this.

Thank you all for helping me get here.
Old 11-28-2015, 09:48 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Grateful for my recovery friends, who can tell me that stuffing my (legitimate) feelings of anger and dismay is NOT the same thing as "letting go" of resentments. I need to learn to address legitimate grievances and I am allowed to discuss my true feelings in a respectful way, and request that others right wrongs that have the potential to harm me in the future.
Old 11-29-2015, 05:51 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  

^^ yes! Very good distinction to point out. Thanks, Lady!
Old 11-29-2015, 05:52 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Forourgirls View Post
^^ yes! Very good distinction to point out. Thanks, Lady!
I found that post very helpful also. It IS an important difference, and I have trouble seeing it sometimes.
Old 11-30-2015, 05:00 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  

I'm a day behind again...My gratitude for 11/29 is for XAH stopping by w/a check to even up the finances (paying what he owes for 2015 property taxes minus refund from me for LP gas we prepaid on and that he will not be here to use, etc). I truly didn't think I'd get this and was prepared to just let it go if it turned into a struggle. It'll make it easier to pay the property taxes, which hopefully will be the last large bill I'm faced with for a while.
Old 11-30-2015, 05:08 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Yay, honeypig! Just remember, his doing what he SHOULD do, THIS time, doesn't mean it wasn't time to get him out of your house. Maybe you're not thinking that way, and I don't mean to suggest you're tempted to let him back in. Just trying to reassure you that you did the right thing and I'll take an amicable divorce any day over living with the most considerate active alcoholic.
Old 11-30-2015, 07:47 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Grateful for school. Happy Monday kids!
Old 11-30-2015, 08:03 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

50 - Grateful for an awesome thanksgiving with my family
51 - Happy I power walked a 5k first before the awesome dinner
52, 53 and 54 - Happy for my family, they are just the best. Dad's tumor is coming back with a vengeance, and we all had to sit down and do some planning this weekend. They're all just smart, and funny, and so amazing to be around - even through some serious life BS. Happy to be feeling blessed.