100 Happy Days, Part 2! Any Takers?

Old 12-02-2015, 06:40 AM
  # 421 (permalink)  

You GO, Wisconsin!!^^

Old 12-02-2015, 07:35 AM
  # 422 (permalink)  

GO Wisconsin! What an incredible thing to shed that emotional & physical weight in tandem like that - you must feel amazing!!

For - your post made my morning, thank you.

#56 - Grateful for the random stranger I saw walking around the park track this morning, probably getting his morning walk over before the heat sets in..... whatever was coming through his ear buds was inspiring enough for him to ease from walking into a dance-skip-jig-walk for about 90 seconds & then he just continued walking on. I feel like I witnessed Happiness Happening and I couldn't stop smiling.
Old 12-02-2015, 07:44 AM
  # 423 (permalink)  

whatever was coming through his ear buds was inspiring enough for him to ease from walking into a dance-skip-jig-walk for about 90 seconds & then he just continued walking on.
This is inspiring enough for ME to break into a dance-skip-jig-walk for a bit at some point in my day too! Thanks for this!
Old 12-02-2015, 07:58 AM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Oh, the "incident" was ridiculous which is why I tried to reduce it to a single word. We go BF shopping for fun & camaraderie, not sport.

My sister & I actually stayed up until 3am Wed night/Thurs morn to just get our big items online with Walmart. It's the first year we both picked out larger items (TV's for our girls bedrooms) - but the WM website locked up completely almost as soon as it went live & we got exactly nothing, making GOING shopping more important.

Fine - we went a couple hrs early, to a new & barely known location & it was soooo quiet. We walked around leisurely for about an hour & then found that they had put "our" TV's out on the floor. (If you've never gone, they drop everything for the BF sales on wrapped pallets throughout the long aisles in the stores, but it's random, like DVD's in the produce dept.)

Every other large electronic has a designated line & a wristband deal - but not these. ???? No idea why, since it's a page ONE item & an incredible price point for a LOT of budgets. We realize we have 2 hrs left before the sale, not 1 hr - we misread the ad times. Fine again. Sis, BFF & BFF's sis (got that?) all decide to roam - I say no, I'm parking right here, not taking chances, GOTTA have this today, I have no backup plan.

It was fun - over those 2 hrs they came & went, crowds built surprisingly slowly. I/we have now made friends with every employee, lol. The crowds thicken, we express concern over the free-for-all approach for this tv repeatedly to management, they assure us there IS a plan, that the Dept Mgr will be the one opening the pallet, etc. OK.

20 mins before the bell, 2 20-something guys push their way up so they are directly behind me - we are still the very first people pressed up against the pallet - 3/4 of us intend to get a tv. People are crowded but not obnoxiously, but they keep trying to push/press around me instead of just taking half a step back. One of the ladies in the crowd behind me tries to joke with the taller guy, hey we can work together, all of us get tvs! They are NOT amused, they continue behind me laughing about how they are going to just basically run the little girl (me) over - they assume I can't understand Spanish. My sister is on the opposite side of the pallet from me & getting anxious - keeps warning me that it's obvious they are going to try to get around me. Everything about these guys is aggressive & they just showed up at the last minute like Big Bullies.

The countdown goes off, no one shows up to help with our pallet, people start ripping pallets & I step UP on the pallet of TV's - there is just enough room to really anchor my foot - giving me a few inches of height. The TV's are stacked up over my head a couple of feet. When they both tried to jump OVER me & push me away, they couldn't (told you, I work out, I am a little brick craphouse, lol! They thought they could toss me aside.). I came back down with them with BOTH elbows to solar plexuses & took. them. down. yelling, GET YOUR HANDS OFF OF ME! People froze, I stood to get my tv & short guy tries again to push me aside, receives the SAME response & I am now a banshee because if he would just wait his turn, it would not have been any issue, this is completely unnecessary. But I could not bring myself to walk away 5 minutes before a sale I had stood waiting THREE HOURS for, not when I was the very, very, very first person, not when every manager, employee & security guard SAW me standing there all that time.
Old 12-02-2015, 08:00 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Thanks guys - we'll take all the good thoughts and prayers we can get.

Wisconsin - GONGRATS!!!

It was 100% spontaneous but after we had checked out & I saw the Toys for Tots collection bins I was overwhelmed thinking of all those kids without & how lucky we are.
56 - FS reminded me that I signed up to help with Toys for Tots this weekend. And Big Brothers and Big Sisters gift wrapping. Thankful for the ability to help where I can - and the recovery that is inspiring me to.
Old 12-02-2015, 08:22 AM
  # 426 (permalink)  

FireSprite, you ROCK, on so many different levels!! You are my superhero!!

OMG, I would pay to have footage of that....
Old 12-02-2015, 08:43 AM
  # 427 (permalink)  

LOL Honeypig, my sister could NOT stop laughing. My adrenaline was SO high afterward that I had to powerwalk the store 3x to burn it off & calm down. I went OFF. Inferno. A few ladies stopped me & thanked me & like I said, high-5's over & over & over again.

They picked on the WRONG Mama Bear on BF & I am a very peaceable person so this just isn't part of my normal world, at all. But you know, I didn't shrink, I didn't swell - I stood solidly in my sacred space! I feel good about that!

Now, although very different, it reminds me of that moment in Fried Green Tomatoes where she rams that little VW bug over & over & over & just smiles - "I've got better insurance!" and drives off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXZs3mjGlQU
Old 12-02-2015, 09:49 AM
  # 428 (permalink)  
A work in progress

WOW--I'm in awe.
Old 12-02-2015, 02:28 PM
  # 429 (permalink)  

FS-I may hire you as my personal bodyguard-meaning my personal little ninja !
Old 12-02-2015, 05:50 PM
  # 430 (permalink)  

I know exactly the scene you're talking about in "Fried Green Tomatoes"--I loved it too and kept backing up to watch it again and again!

That is a great story, and thanks for filling us in on the details.
Old 12-03-2015, 06:48 AM
  # 431 (permalink)  

Oh trust me, I'm no ninja. I don't think I've ever been in a fight in my life, not really. Verbal wars, sure. Physical, never. But it sure is nice to know that I am willing & somewhat able to defend myself if the situation arises.

#57 - So happy for 2 consecutive nights of good sleep. I was finding myself pushing too far & not taking time for the basics. Today I will focus on: water, sleep, breathing intently.
Old 12-03-2015, 07:54 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Day 57 - Thankful for white coffee. No heartburn, plenty of caffeine, and YUM!
Old 12-03-2015, 11:14 AM
  # 433 (permalink)  

Happy and grateful for the opportunity to participate in a consumer study next week that will compensate me almost as much as I paid out in divorce filing fees last week. What a relief with Christmas so close!
Old 12-03-2015, 12:26 PM
  # 434 (permalink)  

#52, #53, #54, #55, #56

Ok, lets consider this cheating. I missed so many days! But I am grateful. Nothing bad is going on. I do not miss my ex anymore, at all. I do not know who that man is anymore. I question if I really ever knew him. Was I such a bad judge of character? It does not matter anymore. I am grateful that I am safe in my home.
Old 12-03-2015, 01:09 PM
  # 435 (permalink)  

Grateful that DS6's school conference went well today. He had a rocky start to the year (probably picking up on my stress over the custody case) but has really been doing well the past couple of months
Grateful for a productive morning in my writing workshop.
Grateful that my grandma is recovering quickly after a fall, and that my mom who was visiting her for Thanksgiving has been able to stay and help her out.
Old 12-03-2015, 06:40 PM
  # 436 (permalink)  

Grateful my little basset boy seems to be feeling better--he has been crying sometimes when he gets up and wasn't wanting to be very mobile for the last 2 days. He was eating and drinking and pooping fine, but I was still concerned. I found some Tramadol left from my old Sammy and gave him one this AM. He seemed a lot better this evening, so I'm guessing he may have slipped on the linoleum or else crashed into something while racing thru the house w/his sister at some point and is sore. I'll keep him warm and keep the walks short and his strain or bruise should heal soon, I hope.

(Listened to "My Life in Dog Years" by Gary Paulsen today in the car, just 2 short discs, a worthwhile listen if you like houndies!)
Old 12-03-2015, 07:02 PM
  # 437 (permalink)  

Grateful that DS14 found his school laptop (at school) and I'm not getting charged $250 to replace it. He is grateful that his Christmas is back on.
Old 12-03-2015, 07:12 PM
  # 438 (permalink)  

Grateful for a great session with my therapist tonight-she keeps me in check and supports me so incredibly. We end each session in prayer. Grateful God put her in my life.
Grateful that my oldest has settled down over the last few months. She had nightmares for months abd months and night terrors about her dad-she was and is scared of him. I validate her feelings, 100%. She has been abused abd terrorized by her own father. BUT through all of this she has found her voice...she tells the truth and will not let her voice be silenced. She's gotten stronger and her acting out and nightmares are a thing of the past (I hope and pray). In her words-"daddy's mean-there's something wrong with him-that's not how you are supposed to treat someone". Yep-I did something right!! Just very proud of her and grateful again that God entrusted me with her heart and to be her momma-what's funny is when I used to look at her (while married) I would have such sadness wash over me-sadness her childhood included the things her dad did to me and to her-I felt like I failed her-to see her hurt and be scared bc of her dad, it just killed me. Now my heart is overflowing with pure joy when I look at her-joy that her life has been changed. By the grace of God. Amen!!!!
Old 12-03-2015, 07:16 PM
  # 439 (permalink)  

Amen to THAT, LS! My oldest (DD16) has a long history of losing and breaking things. It is infuriating, and so frustrating.

I'm grateful to be looking forward to some quality time with my DD12 this weekend. I've barely seen her in three weeks, because she spent Thanksgiving with her dad, and she has been busy attending bar and bat mitzvahs (we are not Jewish, but a large number of her classmates are). Tomorrow night we are going out for an unfancy dinner at Panera, and then to the high school's play (where my DD16 is assistant stage manager). On Saturday we are probably making our annual holiday cinnamon rolls. Last year we made almost 200 rolls. We give them to teachers, day care providers, neighbors, co-workers, etc.
Old 12-03-2015, 07:17 PM
  # 440 (permalink)  

On a lighter note, grateful for fires and warm blankets to snuggle on the couch and hot chocolate with marshmallows.