SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   100 Happy Days, Part 2! Any Takers? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/377012-100-happy-days-part-2-any-takers.html)

FireSprite 10-08-2015 08:07 AM

100 Happy Days, Part 2! Any Takers?

We could always use a shot of positivity around here so I thought I'd see if anyone is interested in joining me in another round of "100 Happy Days".

Link to Part I here: http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...one-tried.html

I was discussing it briefly with RAH this morning because he can be subtly negative & when he gets trapped in that loop, it becomes all negative thinking despite his smirky grin or additional sarcastic-attempt-at-funny comments that lace it. He has an important business trip next week but every time it comes up his response is an eyeroll, a muttering underbreath about how it's going to suck, he's not looking forward to it, etc. This morning I told him that it's pretty much destined to suck at this point since he's already made up his mind about it. He looked surprised but after a moment acknowledged that it all had been sounding pretty negative, hadn't it? I reminded him that energy draws energy & if he wants to keep receiving that crap he should keep throwing it; that we CHOOSE the way we think in more ways than we realize.

When I did this exercise last year around this time, it really helped to elevate my awareness of positivity. Like my meditation coach reminds us, awareness is like the sun: whatever it shines on, thrives. I initially had to LOOK for it but soon enough it was effortless & I found myself with multiple things to be happy & grateful for every day.

So I'm kicking off Day #1 Right Now, join me if you'd like!

#1 - Happy that my response to his negativity was to seek out positivity & share it with others. (instead of getting drawn into his bad energy spiral)
:shine8pl:

Wisconsin 10-08-2015 08:46 AM

Meeeeeeee!!

#1 - Today I am happy and grateful for the opportunity to catch up with a recovery friend over lunch, and that I have so many wonderful things to share with her.

Uplifting 10-08-2015 09:32 AM

Yes! I haven't posted in a while, but have been actively reading and working through my own situation with my relationship addiction.. and exAbf. But this appeals to me in my current journey so thank you!

#1--Today I am happy and in more peace because I found an amazing healing center close to where I live and went to my first meditation class there last night.

healthyagain 10-08-2015 09:45 AM

# 1 For courage to change and optimism. Today, I am not worried about the future. I can create it the way I want.

FireSprite 10-08-2015 09:49 AM

Oh, these are AWESOME. You guys ROCK!

firebolt 10-08-2015 10:08 AM

#1 - For a real awakening, and motivation to keep moving forward!

Liveitwell 10-08-2015 10:10 AM

Love this!!

FindingAmy 10-08-2015 10:52 AM

#1 I started the day very down. I am happy and grateful that i found this site with such supportive people and am preparing for the next phase of my life which will focus on me. getting excited.

Kboys 10-08-2015 11:56 AM

Day 1-
Happy and so grateful for my co-workers. I spend more time than I should complaining about having to work and not being at home with my sweet babies...
BUT I am so blessed to have wonderful positive co-workers, (one who bought me a pair of shoes yesterday!) and a supervisor who has always "had my back" despite my personal and professional challenges over the years.

Thanks FireSprite. You're awesome

firebolt 10-08-2015 12:06 PM

Dang - I have to add to my #1. A client, that doesn't know me very well or anything about my situation actually said this to me over the phone:

After he asked how I am doing (you know the standard thing we all ask acquaintances over the phone) and I said "I'm doing really well - he said "you sound like it - I can tell in your voice, you just sound genuinely HAPPY!"

Dang - this stuff shines through and I love it and am so thankful for it today!

Mango blast 10-08-2015 12:30 PM

#1 - Everyone in the school lunchroom sang "Happy Birthday" to one of the students today. This happens all the time. Love it!!

lizatola 10-08-2015 06:43 PM

#1: Happy and grateful that I've recognized that Rome wasn't built in a day and that progress, not perfection is a wonderful thing to celebrate! One day at a time!

ladyscribbler 10-08-2015 08:40 PM

I'm in.

Happy that I signed up for that creative writing workshop. It's been really fun and interesting.

Katchie 10-08-2015 09:03 PM

Woohoo!! I'll give it a whirl!!

My divorce today is also my real birthday. What started out negetive is now a positive and will forever in my mind be known as my re-birthday marking new beginnings full of peace, learning, joy, courage, blessings, and love!

FireSprite 10-09-2015 06:51 AM

#2 - So happy that recovery showed me to be patient & allow things to happen the way they are meant to go sometimes.

DD moved up to middle school this year & it was a nerve-wracking process, especially when she didn't get assigned to her/our chosen school. Halfway through the first quarter though, there's no doubt this is the RIGHT place for her, offering far more opportunities & a more well rounded experience, much earlier than any of the rest of the schools in our district.

ladyscribbler 10-09-2015 06:56 AM

Happy I had a few extra minutes to clean up the kitchen this morning. A little positive momentum to start my day.

Katchie 10-09-2015 07:04 AM

#2 I awoke bright eyed and bushy tailed getting breakfast for the boys, a load of laundry and dishes done, and a bible study in all before they left for school! My Friday & weekend as a whole has been made just a little freer by rising early and not procrastinating!

healthyagain 10-09-2015 07:15 AM

Grateful for uninterrupted sleep last night and that I can finally say TGIF! Oh, I so used to hate Fridays . . . those meant . . . weekends.

Which reminds me, a big whoohoo for weekend!

Wisconsin 10-09-2015 07:36 AM

I also used to hate weekends, healthyagain. :grouphug:

#2: Today I am happy and grateful for the chance to spend my lunch hour having a tattoo that reminds me of my past covered with a tattoo that I will love forever and ever.

FireSprite 10-09-2015 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by Wisconsin (Post 5592582)
I also used to hate weekends, healthyagain. :grouphug:

#2: Today I am happy and grateful for the chance to spend my lunch hour having a tattoo that reminds me of my past covered with a tattoo that I will love forever and ever.

:c011::You_Rock_