feeling hopeless

Old 02-22-2011, 03:03 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tjp613 View Post
Maybe God is acting through each one of us as we reach out to help and Love one another. Maybe, Chicory, this IS God talking to you...out loud.

(((Hugs)))
Tjp- this is what I have been thinking for a while, that He works through people. "God is Love" , as it says.

I am listening, and believing that this is divine direction, and I am working to keep from throwing myself in front of the recovery bus.

Sometimes it seems like the more I learn about people, the more I know about God. Like how they really do care, for the most part.

Visualizing my s in His hands helps a lot. I have just made a mess of most things, and letting go will no doubt bring more good than bad.

seeing him as a sick person trying to get well, instead of a bad person who has to become good.

hugs
Old 02-22-2011, 03:12 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Learn2Live View Post
I also just figured this out about myself, here on SR just this past week.
((((L2L))))

I guess if you aren't instilled with an intrinsic value of your self as a child, it is hard to feel important . I struggle with inferiority every day, tho logically I know that I have value and I contribute often to society, my friends and family, and that I am loved by them, but still , feel tarnished, somehow. how to get rid of that is a question. does it ever go away?
think that comes from shame of the family situation as a child. these days, i have no problem admitting to a friend the nature of my problems with s, but as a kid, i hid my home and parents. my sister, the black sheep, was just the opposite. she found friends all the time and brought them home, and they were usually kids who had backgrounds like us. usually mean kids like her. boy, those were the days-lol

hugs
Old 02-22-2011, 03:20 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tjp613 View Post
Maybe God is acting through each one of us as we reach out to help and Love one another. Maybe, Chicory, this IS God talking to you...out loud.

(((Hugs)))
Guess it is not going to come as a lightening bolt from heaven, but through loving people with experience. thank goodness

love ya
chicory
Old 02-22-2011, 04:25 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

chicory, I can't believe the similarities we have with our sons. Mine is also a computer wiz. He's a conservative Republican. I've been feeling totally alone for over 20 yrs until I found this site.Thank you!
Old 02-22-2011, 04:30 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

dsorg,

Welcome to Sober Recovery.
You are not alone.

:ghug3

Beth
Old 02-22-2011, 08:14 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dsorg View Post
chicory, I can't believe the similarities we have with our sons. Mine is also a computer wiz. He's a conservative Republican. I've been feeling totally alone for over 20 yrs until I found this site.Thank you!
dsorg,

I know it feels good, doesn't it, to have someone to listen, and to get strength from.
my son is a democrat, but I think he likes some of our republican presidents. I often wish he had got into politics as he never gives me a straight answer. I dont think I have ever heard him actually make a decided opinion statement. Like "I like cheeseburgers". He seems afraid to make a committed statement about anything. If i ask if he likes the snow, he would skirt around any definite answer. I have always thought that was pretty strange, and many times find it maddening!

how are you doing? 20 years is a long time to be feeling alone. you are not alone now!

hugs
chicory