The first man knits his brow in obvious concentration, and finally said

to his companion, "Aahh, What is the name of that red flower you give to

someone you love?

His friends replies, "A Carnation??"

"No. No. The other one" the man says.

His friend offers another suggestion, "The Poppy?"

"Nahhhh, growls the man. You know the one that is red and has thorns."

His friend said, "Do you mean a rose?"

"Yes, Yes that's it. Thank you!" the first man says.

He then turns toward the kitchen and yells,

"Rose, what's the name of that restaurant we went to last night?"

And ---

Mildred was a 93 year old woman who was very upset over the recent death of her husband, Earl. She decided that she would just kill herself and join him in death. Thinking that it would be best to get it over with quickly, she took out Earl's old Army pistol and made the decision to shoot herself in the heart, since it was so badly broken in the first place.

Not wanting to miss the vital organ and become a vegetable and burden someone, she called her doctor's office to inquire as to just exactly where the heart would be on a woman. The doctor said, "Your heart would be just below your left breast."

Later that night, Mildred was admitted to the hospital with a gunshot wound to her knee.
Old 04-19-2003, 08:56 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

These jokes have been great

Your list mission for today is:

My Ten (or however many you like) Favorite Movies

From the Blue Directory:

"Films that you just love (even if no else does). Everything from romantic cinema classics like Casablanca and Gone with the Wind to the latest B-grade horror flicks, cheesy comedies, action blockbusters, sexy (if somewhat obscure) French dramas, and anything else that should have won an Oscar or the Palme d'Or but didn't."

These came to the top of my head right off the bat....and there are more....

An Affair to Remember, Wizard of Oz, Ms. Congeniality, All Shirley Temple movies, Sleepless in Seattle and Dirty Dancing.

What are yours?

Many hugs,
Debbie

PS You might want to check out the thread in inspirations

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...&threadid=5264

Old 04-19-2003, 02:08 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Beaches (who me?) Grease, Dirty Dancing, Prince of Tides, What Woman Want, Pretty Woman

JT
Old 04-19-2003, 02:45 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Paused

An Affair to Remember is my all time favorite movie. When I went to New York I went to the top of the empire state building and thought about the movie.
Old 04-19-2003, 04:17 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

How could I have forgotten Grease and it was on TV today!! I was bopping along with it.....lol
Old 04-20-2003, 06:00 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Well ladies are you tired of your lists yet? I am going to give you two today since I won't be online again until tomorrow evening.

My Seven Favorite Drinks

I hesitated to post this until I read what follows and I enjoy a good Misto now and then. Have you ever had one? There's a place called Rita's Water Ice and they take your flavor of water ice that you want and blend it with either vanilla or chocolate custard......yummy........

From the book:

"Your favorit beverages for the bar, boardroom, and bedroom. Milkshakes, marshmallow mocha coffee, mom's lemonade, exotic cocktails, and champagne -- whatever tickles your fancy."

My Ten Favorite Snacks

Okay chocolate of course Godiva being the perferred method especially dark with the raspberry filling....do die for and of course my comfort food for all occasions are potato chips. I just love them.

From the book:

"Yummy things to eat, as a special treat for a job well done (or simply for being you) or just whenever you need a serious physical or emotional pick-me-up. Actually, you don't need a reason to enjoy Belgian chocolates, ice cream, Freycinet oysters, fudge brownies, jelly doughnuts, or a sumptuous cheese and fruit platter. (Remember, guilt is for the weak!)"

Start listing

Many hugs and Happy Easter!!
Debbie
Old 04-20-2003, 07:18 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

First off...Ann I have been to The Golden Dock and I remember this crazy redhead at the table next to me.

Ok back to the list...

Favorite Drinks?

Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice

Any good coffee....NOT that stuff in the red can!

Sweet Tea..just when I am in the south. Why don't I make it at home?

Chocolate Malt or Whopper Blizzard

Frozen Margarita while in my tub

Favorite Snacks?

Cashews

String Cheese

Jalapeno Poppers

Fried Cheese Sticks

Ice Cream
Old 04-20-2003, 10:47 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

JT - Was that YOU yelling "OPA!!!" everytime a flaming cheese went by? . If I could revisit just one restaurant, The Golden Dock would be it.

My favourite drink is my first coffee of the day. Any coffee, any day.

And my favourite snack is popcorn with butter. I time when I gp to a movie, so that I have not just finished dinner, so that I can enjoy the popcorn.

And I missed the favourite movie day, so will add that "Harvey" with Jimmy Steward still makes me laugh my head off. It is often shown around Easter, so keep an eye out.
Old 04-20-2003, 08:52 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Oooooh! I'm starting to get behind.....

Favorite movies:
Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Three Musketeers,Overboard, Earth Girls are Easy, All the Anne of Green Gables movies, Gone with the Wind, The Man in the Iron Mask, Pretty Woman, Dirty Dancing, Miss Congeniality. Did you say ONLY 10?

Favorite drinks:

Ditto on the coffee, hot cappucino, iced cappucino, unsweetened iced tea, chocolate milkshakes, can't think of 10, sorry.

Favorite snacks:

I won't include the ones with wheat, since I'm allergic to it, and I'm still trying to forget I every loved them...... So, potato chips with french onion dip, (wheat-free) brownies, fritos, Scooby Doo fruit snacks, ice cream, cheese puffs, and anything chocolate--hollow chocolate Easter bunnies, chocolate covered cherries, chocolate covered peanuts, etc. Now you see why I haven't lost a single pound since I found out about my allergy 1-1/2 years ago and gave up eating everything I really loved. :p

This is fun!

Lyn
Old 04-21-2003, 03:57 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Favorite Movies depends on the day....the type of movie that I like changes with my mood. Forest Gump, Shawshank Redempsion, Caddeyshack, My Cousin Vinny, Gone with the Wind, Top Gun, Driving Miss Daisy.....I'll stop there.

Drinks......Cherry Icey, Coffee, Steak and Shake choc. milkshake or malted shake......very cold 6oz bottle of Coke, frozen margarita on the beach

Snack is tough since I don't snack much, but my all time favorite are peanut M & M's! Cashews, Chips and salsa/cheese dip.

Hope everyone had a SUPER EASTER!!!
Old 04-21-2003, 08:21 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Paused

Drinks: Starbucks coffee Bold, peach ice tea & Aquafina water.

Snacks: Pistachios, cashews, chocolate covered macadamia nuts & chocolate covered peanuts. I guess that's why I'm a nut!
Old 04-21-2003, 08:26 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Isnt this fun. I just love reading everyones lists. And I am back in town sooner than expected so I thought I would add another one

Ten Things I Really Want to Do Before I Die

From the book:

"If you could do anything, be anything, or be remembered for anything, what would it be? Don't hold back, put it all down in words -- what do you really want to do during your time on this planet?"

This is a tough one and I really need to think about it. I think there are so many things that I "want" but I honestly don't know what I would like to accomplish on this world. Right now I guess I am doing it, just being me
Old 04-21-2003, 08:44 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Paused

Before I die I want to see both of my children in happy loving marriages and raising happy loving children of their own. I would also like to know that they have a close relationship with God. My son is currently in a in-patient treatment program doing great. He says that he has never felt closer to God and he is on his way to a life time of recovery. So I have been able to take that one off my list. Although he and I both realize that his recovery is day to day. I didn't think I would ever hear him say that he is an A and will attend AA for the rest of his life. I feel so happy and blessed.
Old 04-21-2003, 09:46 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

That's an easy one!

I want to publish a book or maybe more than one book.

I just need to edit my book that I've written one more time, then I'm sending it off. But it's been so hard to just sit down and do it. I'm just about ready. My oldest daughter told me a year ago after reading the first draft that in her opinion I am an accomplished writer already--I just need to get it published. That made me feel really good, since she's so intelligent! So, in a year or two, maybe you'll see it on a Christian book shelf.

Lyn
Old 04-21-2003, 10:34 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Yikes - I'm getting really behind here!

Snacks: Kit Kat bar, salt n' vinegar chips, black olives, Manzanilla olives, sliced tomato with balsamic vinegar, Smores, Trail Mix, Sunkist Fruit Gems, caramel squares (that's enough - I'm getting hungry!)

Drinks: My first cup of tea in the morning (has to be Tetley), a really good cup of coffee, hot chocolate with marshmallows, V-8 juice, Caesar, Sobe Orange and Carrot juice (sounds awful - tastes great), milk with strawberry Quik.

Movies: Forrest Gump, Vanilla Sky, A Wonderful Life, Mrs. Brown, The Godfather I and II, Sophies Choice, Lord of the Rings (yet to see part II), Willow, Muriel's Wedding, 10 Charring Cross Road, Good Will Hunting.

Barbiedeb, I'll have to think about the latest assignment - that's a toughy! I know one thing I want to see before I die is my A in recovery - with or without me.
Old 04-21-2003, 04:29 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Wow - I better live to bee 100 because I have a lot of things I want to do.

See my son in recovery for good. That alone would make me die happy.

I'd like to travel the world and become a great photographer of people and places. I'd like to stay in the villages and live like the people, not fancy hotels (except as a special treat once in a while), and certainly not back-packing. I think I would start in Italy or Greece.

I'd like to go to New Orleans and eat everything in sight and listen to the music and suck up the history, visit plantations and take a bayou tour, and a riverboat ride up the Mississipi.

I'd like to win a lottery so I could share my wealth with so many needy people who really could use a helping hand. Maybe start a Anon resort where we would all get pampered to death.

I'd like to live somewhere that never has winter.

And I'd like to have a quiet cozy place overlooking water, where I could write a great book about all my adventures. And have 5 cats.
Old 04-21-2003, 06:48 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Before I die......see my boys play professional sports and my daughter an exec. and for ALL of them to graduate with honors from college. For all of them to be happily married and have lots of children!!!

Would LOVE to see more of the USA.....like Colorado!!!! Go snow skiing....see enough snow to ski in!!! I would love to go to Australia and Africa.

Have season tickets for Crimson Tide football. Have a Ranger Bass boat and fish every weekend there isn't a football game! (with my kids)

Be financially sound with no worries about bills only helping others!

I would love to be remembered as a thoughtful, caring, dependable, upstanding Christian woman that had a wonderful husband and three great kids. The kind that others would look at and strive to be like, the kind that could lead others to find their spirituality.

I could go on and on and on, but I guess I'll go......one last thought .....how about winning the lottery! ! !
Old 04-22-2003, 03:05 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Well, I am still working on that last list.....yikes.

Your list mission for today.

My Ten Favorite Little Luxuries

From the book:

"Where to go, what to do, and what to buy when you deserve a little (or more than a little) pampering. The world's most gifted masseuse, most reliable acupuncturist, most talented hairdresser, most creative florist, best beauty parlor, most bubbly bubble bath, most amazing aromatherapy candles, and the ultimate foot massage, to name a few."

My number 1 little luxury is: I love to get my nails done. I don't have them done to often but I just love having long, pretty nails when I do have someone else make them for me. It's early so I still need to think about this one.

Start listing
Old 04-22-2003, 04:03 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Ten Luxuries.....this one is tough

I guess I would have to start with going to the tanning bed. It is my 15-20 minutes once a week of peace and quiet or a power nap, plus I don't look like a powder puff all winter!

My "special" facial lotions, ya know the ones for after ya hit 30 and hair products. Love perfumes too!

Not sure if shoes fit under this catagory, but I love them and like to have lots of them!

Oh yeah, where is my head......I love my Harley stuff. Shirts, jackets, boots, tanks, hair accessories and this list could go on and on. I tell everyone that the man gets the Harley and his wife gets a new wardrobe to ride with him!

Constant
Old 04-22-2003, 05:09 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

My favorite is to burn my Lampe Berger (fragrance lamp) in a mixture of caramel and green apple scents. Mmmmmm... smells like caramel apples.

My daughters and I like to have little tea parties--my daughters are teenagers and up. We fix a pot of flavored tea of some sort or another in one of my pretty teapots. We all pick a pretty teacup and have tea with cookes or little snacks and just sit in the parlor and talk and giggle for a few minutes.

I also like to sit and sew pretty things on my embroidery sewing machine. That's a real treat.

Lyn

Oh, I'm not advertising Lampe Bergers, but in case you don't know what one is, here's a pic. of one (this is a Monet one)

Last edited by lyn_blossom78; 04-22-2003 at 05:15 AM.