The Blue Day Directory

Old 04-22-2003, 05:59 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

I am sooooooo behind but I'll try to catch up!

Favorite drink: coffee. All day long. just black maybe a flavor like vanilla nut but none of the cream and sugary stuff

Favorite snack: popcorn.

Favorite luxury: a bubble bath, candles and a good book or a walk on the beach. ANY beach

What do I want to do before I die: get published. Its time to get my stuff in order and start writing. I have at least 2 books in my head and its time to get them on paper!!

Favorite Movies: Somewhere in Time (Christopher Reeves and Jane Seymour), Sabrina, An American President, Murder by Death.

Thanks Barbiedeb. This has been a great exercise for me!
HUGS
Old 04-22-2003, 06:10 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Paused

Lyn, Having tea parties with your daughters sounds wonderful.

My list:

1) Going out to dinner with my son, just the two of us.
2) Sitting on my back patio early in the morning and watching all the birds play and listening to them sing.
3) Sitting on my back patio at night and looking at the stars.
4) Reading a good book. (Left behind series or anything written by James Patterson or Nicholas Sparks)
5) Talking on the phone with my sister for an hour.
6) Being out on our boat with my husband, no cell phone or computer, his undivided attention.
7) Having this web site.
8) Receiving a letter from my son.
9) Receiving an email from a special friend.
10) Taking a cruise and having fruit and coffee delived to the room every day!
Old 04-22-2003, 07:31 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Hmmmmm, so many answers, so little time...

DMOM, let me know when the cruise is planned...

Luxeries: Flavored coffee, hazelnut or swiss almond chocolate being my favorites. Of course, you have to add lots of sugar and cream...

Things I'd like to do before I die:

Would love to be on a speaker's circuit on a subject that would help people. Now I realize I'd have to know something about something to do this, so there is the problem... I think this has something to do with my love of being with people and being social. I like the idea of helping people.

Also, would LOVE to own an antique shop. I love junking and would love to have the luxury of traveling, collecting and bringing it all back home to sell for a pretty price! That is, IF I could part with it...

And I know this one is a loooooooooong shot, but I'd really like to weigh what my driver's license says I weigh! (Worried to death I'm going to get stopped and the police officer is going to say as he looks at my driver's license, "Uh, ma'am, there is NO way this can be you!")

And last, but not least, I'd like to be remembered as being a woman who lived my life as a good christian. Yikes, I'd better start working harder on that one!
Old 04-22-2003, 04:21 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Hangin'

Don't want to break the thread, but if you like to speak, think about volunteering to speak at a recovery house. I do that about 3 or 4 times a year, to the addicts and their families at the same time (many addicts are codependent too).

I just speak from the heart and leave lots of time for questions, because they do have questions, and I get back more than I give every time.

Now....back to our regularly scheduled program
Old 04-23-2003, 05:12 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

What to do before I die? I would love to restore an old house and have the time to really garden. Do more traveling.

Luxuries? Well my bath of course. With Jasmine/Vanilla bubbles and candles and a good book. Sitting on my patio with my first cup of coffee in the morning.

Hugs,
JT
Old 04-23-2003, 01:55 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Hi All

I overslept this morning so you are getting your list mission late....whew. What a day.

Anyway, here it is:

My Ten Favorite Places to Shop

From the book:

"Shopping can be a very cathartic experience. Whether buying or just browsing, it's fun to see what's new, sample the latest and greatest, and find a few material things worth having in life. The little boutique shops, the giant department stores, and the megamalls all have their own unique capitalist charms. So where are the best shoes, the funkiest fashions, the kookiest housewares, grooviest music, sexiest underwear, and weirdest pets?"

Well, one of my favorite places to shop is Strawbridges which is department store. It is very rare that I go there and leave with nothing. When I had the energy years ago, I used to go to a mall called the Franklin Mills Mall, it is huge and I don't think you could cover it in a day. And of course I love shopping from home on all the internet places.....my favorite being Amazon.com.

Start listing
Old 04-23-2003, 02:01 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

SHOPPING!!

Or I like to call it : Retail Therapy

I have a few favorite places:

Sam Moon in Dallas for inexpensive and FUN jewelry
Chicos for classic clothes
Pier 1 for just about anything

And old book stores and antique shops. I could spend days there!

Thanks for the thread. I need to go shopping now.....
Old 04-23-2003, 02:17 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Post Re-cap

Okay I am list re-capping just in case anyone has just joined us. We are making our own “The Blue Day Directory”. Lists of feel good things we can do, read and look back on when we are having a blue day. There are still a few lists to go but these are lists we have done so far:

Ten People Who Always Cheer Me Up

Ten Places I Love to Visit

My Ten Favorite Restaurants

My Three Favorite Jokes

My Ten Favorite Movies

My Seven Favorite Drinks

My Ten Favorite Snacks

Ten Things I Really Want to Do Before I Die

My Ten Favorite Little Luxuries

My Ten Favorite Places to Shop

Feel free to share with us, its really a feel good kind of thing

Many hugs,
Debbie

PS......Osier, that last list made me want to go shopping too
Old 04-23-2003, 04:26 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Ewww - this one is tough for me because I hate shopping (sorry).

I guess I do like antique places, preferring dusty old barns to fancy stores, and stores that have hand crafted things. There is a Mennonite area about an hour away where I like to go to buy quilts and home-made horseradish and jams.

Does the Dairy Queen count as a shop?
Old 04-23-2003, 04:37 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Paused

Anns, I can't believe it. I thought I was the only women that hates shopping. I do all of the shopping I can on-line. William Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Jackson & Perkins, Harry & David and Victorias Secret. Pretty much only have to go to the grocery store!
Old 04-23-2003, 07:05 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

My bubbles have burst Ann!! Twins??? Pish Posh! I love to shop!!

Antique shops, flea markets, gagage sales, Marshalls, TJ Max, Outlet Stores...(we have an outlet fabric store about 30 minutes from me!!), Pier 1, Borders Book Store, anything on the side of the road while driving, I even go into Goodwill and Salvation Army looking for cool stuff. And they sell books too! I found a dresser once for $15 and asked if someone could help me to my car with it...they looked at me like I dropped in from another planet . I painted it white and it now holds all my socks and undies and stuff. We have Marshall Fields here and they have great sales, Carson's, Kohl's, Sam's, Bath and Body Works. I don't like malls tho.

When I go to Fla to visit my friend she knows all the great outlets and book stores. I once bought 3 swimsuits for under $40...all name brands. And we stop at a used book store on the way to the beach and trade them in on the way back!

Yep...luuuuuuuuuv to shop!

Hugs,
JT
Old 04-23-2003, 07:07 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

DMOM

I'm lucky I married a man who loves to grocery shop...alone. Even when he is working out of town during the week, he makes sure I am stocked up. And he buys decent food and doesn't foget things like paper towels and toilet paper . If anything ever happened to him, God forbid, and I were to look for another man, I would ask on our first date how he felt about grocery shopping LOL.

On the second date I would ask him if he could cook?
Old 04-24-2003, 12:14 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Good morning all, I can't sleep so guess what you are getting!!

Well, your list mission for today is:

Ten People I Would Like to Meet in Person

From the book”

“Who are the ten people alive today, whom you really admire and would most like to meet in person, at least to say hello and, if at all possible, spend a little time getting to know?”

I didn’t even have to think about who would be at the top of my list and its certainly more than 10….and of course, its all of you!! Could you just imagine the emotions and love flying all around the place, if we all met. How awesome would that be??

And of course, second on my list would be Mel Gibson (sorry Ann). I almost got to see him in person one time when he was filming a movie in the next town over, I think I would have fainted…..lol

There are more but those are a couple of mine for now

Start listing.
Old 04-24-2003, 04:15 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Well, I am really not much of a shopper, but when I do go the places are................. Old Navy, Victoria's Secret, Kohls, Stein Mart, Goody's, Gymboree, Walmart and Target.

Obviously a discount store shopper! I don't do Home Decor shops or furniture. I do like to go to the mall every now and then, but mostly to wander around, watch people and eat.
Old 04-24-2003, 04:25 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

OOOOOPS, I forgot 10 people I would like to meet.

I guess that y'all would have to be at the top of my list. I think I would like to meet Pres. Bush and his wife. Javier Lopez (on the Braves), Meg Ryan, Kid Rock. I really would be most interested in y'all, "stars" are just people too, and most of them thing that they are MORE than that, so I'll leave it at that!

Constant
Old 04-24-2003, 05:17 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Hi all,
I must admit I do love to shop. I don't like to look for something specific because then it is so hard to find. But I like to just shop around and buy small things I like. New purses, all under $25, jewelry, stuff. Where do I like to shop? Mostly small shops and boutiques. I like when things are displayed nicely and not jamed together. One of my favorite shops closed up business in the US - Northern Reflections. This is a Canadian store Anns, and I love their sweatshirts, tee shirts, and pants. I am still wearing pants I bought there before the closure. Boo hoo, I wish they would come back.

People I would like to meet(you didn't say that I had to be limited by them being alive): Jimmy Carter, Abraham Lincoln, Gloria Steinem, Richard Bach, Jesus, John Steinbeck, Bette Middler, Sally Fields, Billy Graham, Alan Watts, Ann Tyler, Roberto Clemente, Paul Newman, Robert Redford. Oh this is so much fun!!!
Old 04-24-2003, 05:38 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Sure glad you reprinted the whole list, Barbiedeb... I didn't realize I was suppose to give 10 things I wanted to do before I died....

I already said publish my book, then, of course see the other 4 of my children raised, and for those than can, married to good Christian spouses, then get my handicapped daughter situated in a group women's home, where I believe she would be happier with people that like to do the same things she does (or married, if just the right kind of guy comes along), I'd like to make each of my kids a quilt like my great-grandmother did, I'd like to get my family genealogy done, I'd like to scrapbook all my pictures, I'd like to see the Holy Lands (but not right now:p ), I'd like to go to Europe and visit all the sites of my ancestors that I know of, I think that's closer to 10....

Then places to shop..... There's a place not too far from me called the Oak & Barn. It's a huge gift store, with Thomas Kinkade, Fostoria, candles, knick knacks, home stuff, you name it. Plays soft music the whole time, and is actually several buildings large now. Then there is the Belvedere Emporium, which is an old Victorian house with more than just Victorian in it--silver sets, towels, soaps, china, specialty foods--I want to have a store like it some day (put that on my list up there), our Christian bookstore in Lima, Ohio is awesome and huge!--they had to build a bigger building, the Painted Lady, which is a Victorian house with mostly all Victorian things--they have tea parties and luncheons everyday, and it's always packed, any antique store, any mall, Hobby Lobby--one of my favorites, any fabric store. Anns, grocery shopping doesn't count as shopping!

People I'd like to meet--the first thing I thought of was all of you! Wouldn't that be a reunion?! I'd like to meet Jeannette Oke, one of my favorite authors, President Bush and his wife, Dr. Dobson, Mary Englebreit, Thomas Kinkade, (love creative minded people).
Old 04-24-2003, 06:53 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Oh WOW! I'm way behind and I'll try to catch up quickly.....

People who cheer me up: My Momma and my sister....oh of course my kids.

Places I love to visit: NC Mountains, Duke Gardens, any place that is peaceful and quiet

Favorite Restaurants: Angus Barn (very expensive and can only go on very special occasions) A small coffee shop/bakery in town

Favorite Movies: Wizard of Oz, 8 Seconds, Pure Country(George Strait!!) When a Man loves a woman,

Favorite Drinks: Homemade Lemonade, Iced tea on a hot day, and a large glass of PEPSI!!! In the morning I love Hazelnut Coffee.

Favorite Snacks: Krispy Creme DONUTS, Snicker bar, Little smokies wrapped in a biscuit

Before I Die: To see my children become successful and live productive lives. I myself would love to live in peace and not have to worry so much.....

Little Luxuries: I love to have my nails done. I love bubble baths when he's passed out and the kids are sleeping. Pedicures are nice too....

PLaces to shop: Old Navy, Spencer's, flea markets for antiques,
Gap, I could go on for days because I love to shop!

People I'd like to meet in person: George Strait, I really can't think of anyone at the moment I'll come up with more later...let me think on it

That was FUN! Thanks!
Old 04-24-2003, 06:55 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Hey that is the suggested amount, you can give as few or as many as you want. Its your list!!

Hugs,
Debbie
Old 04-24-2003, 07:16 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

10 people I would like to meet - in no particular order:

Colin Powell

Bill Cosby

Mother Theresa

Barbara Bush

Oprah

My grandfather

Cant think of anymore right now, so I'll fill in the rest with all of YOU !!