The Blue Day Directory

Old 04-16-2003, 04:15 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

My favourite places are the lake (Lake Ontario is about 5 minutes from me), or anyplace with water - the ocean, a river, they give me peace. With a sunset is even better.

And church, where I feel the presence of God and feel safe.

My "recovery" garden, where I can sit for hours and enjoy the beauty of my flowers named after all of you.

In bed with my cat curled up beside me - he hugs me and gives me great comfort.

And the Dairy Queen . This is where I treat myself on "all about ME days".
Old 04-16-2003, 08:37 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Paused

People: My sister, she always makes me laugh and forget about everything bad. My Husband, who is the most patient, loving man in the world.

Places: Floating in our boat on the lake. Floating on a raft in the beautiful clear blue water in Hawaii.
Old 04-16-2003, 08:42 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Hmmm - DMOM, you made me notice that I did not include my husband on my people list. He is a wonderful man, but for some reason didn't pop into my head. Maybe because I sometimes guard my true feelings about my son from him, especially when I am not up to "discussing" them. Interesting and worth thinking about for me.
Old 04-17-2003, 12:20 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Wow, I can't sleep here so I thought I would add your list mission for today

My Favorite Restaurants

From the Blue Directory:

"Cheap and chic or a serious silver service situation. ...places where you love to eat, on your own (with your journal) or with friends and colleagues. Whether it's coffe and cake or beluga and Bollinger, you want great service, great value, great vibes, great views, and most important, great fun and great memories."

Hmm, the first one that comes to mind for me is a little corner place called the "General Davis". The girls from work and I go there on Wednesdays every now and then. The reason why, because its fun - we dish and laugh and they have all you can eat hot wings and shrimp for $8.95......

Hugs,
Debbie
Old 04-17-2003, 04:21 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

This is a tough one.....mostly eating out is with my family. Kind-of a form of entertainment for a family w/kids that range from 2-11.

One comes to mind, it is one that I go to with my girlfriend or sister and my family. Frontera Mexican Rest. The food is good, service is great, price is right!

There is one other place that my sister and I went once only because she had a gift certificate....Stoney River. Very swank and classy and high dollar. It was a fun fairy tail for the evening. We both got all dressed up and filled ourselves with fancy food that I can't even pronounce, but it was fun.
Old 04-17-2003, 08:09 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Good morning Deb,

There is a restaurant that I go to every time I am in Fla. Sometimes twice. It is on the end of a pier, oil cloth table cloths and a roll of paper towel hanging on a coat hanger. People fish from the deck all around, there is usually a guy playing a guitar and some guys selling jewelry and other kinds of crafts. They have the BEST grouper sandwich that I have ever had. I love this place because I am where I like to be.

Locally there is a place I like to go only for anniversary or birthday. An old tavern sort of place with the old fashion salad bar(cottage chesse, bean salads etc). I always have a stuffed filet mignon. I get it stuffed with blue cheese and roasted garlic. I love this place because the food is aways perfect.

With the girls from work it is always a Friday's kind of place which I like too.

I am loving this Deb...it makes you think.
Hugs,
JT

Last edited by JT; 04-17-2003 at 08:11 AM.
Old 04-17-2003, 08:11 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Better Late than Never!
Favorite people: my sister, my rock and soul mate, my daughter, my son, my friend Lori who knows it all, my college roommate who also knows it all, my father whom I admire. Downer: all of these folks are out if state.

Favorite place: any mountain top, I love the view and the peacefulness and the largeness of the landscape - also reminds me of college in the Blue Ridge. The beach, listening to the waves the rythium of time. The bookstore, so many possibilities and knowledge, I hunger for it. My sister's house because she always takes care of me there.

Favorite Place to Eat: Stewarts Root Beer Stand - in NJ by the roadside, hot dogs, sourcrout, mustard, rootbeer in a frosted mug, crispy french fries, exhaust fumes from the cars on Rt 1. Heaven!!!!

Mrs. Wilkes' Dining Room, Savanah Ga. Plates of food served family style with 23 different bowls of steaming food. Family and new friends sharing and passing the chow. This is a woman's home and she serves lunch every day for many(30) years, and she is still there.
Old 04-17-2003, 08:27 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Paused

I love this. It is fun to share happy things!

My Husband and I love PF Changs Chinese, Yummy & Spicy.

Also, Jane’s Grill it's at the Golden Nugget Laughlin NV. It's like cheers; everybody knows your name and treats you like family.
Old 04-17-2003, 10:07 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Gee...

I don't know how I could have forgotten to put my 5 kids down as some of my favorite people to spend time with! They are so much fun.

Now for places to eat..... Well, eating out is a real trial most of the time, since I have a wheat allergy, but I really like to go to Cracker Barrel, because they have a great (unbreaded) pork chop dinner, and great veggies, so I don't have to stoop to just having a salad. They also have a general store to buy all kinds of unique things (or just look). There's also a really nice Mexican restaurant near us called Los Cabos. It's great!

Love this!

Lyn
Old 04-17-2003, 03:48 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Rose! Mrs. Wilkes was on the Travel Channel! No it was the Food Channel...that $40 a day show!

JT
Old 04-17-2003, 04:21 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Rose, please tell me Stewarts isn't that good. I pass one every time I go to the Jersey Shore but never stopped.......now you have me thinking

And another little quote from the Blue Day Directory:

"The world we live in has so many delicious treats in store for you that you should be licking your lips in anticipation every day."

By the way, I know I mentioned the name of this book but I forgot to mention the author which is very bad of me. So in case you want to pick up this directory, the author is Bradley Trevor Greive.

I will have your next list mission tomorrow morning or if you want it now let me know. I don't want to overload our brains with all this thinking

Many hugs,
Debbie
Old 04-17-2003, 05:25 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Oh I'm hopping in late for the favourite place to eat, but I got hungry reading the rest of the posts.

Locally it's a restaurant called "Michaelangelos", the absolute BEST Italian food in the world, warm atmosphere and where they treat you like family. If you leave anything on your plate, Joe (the owner) will come out of the kitchen up to your table and say "Whatsamatter, you no like?" Or if you don't know what you want (there are NO bad choices here, just so many good ones), Joe will come out and ask what you are thinking of and say "Ima gonna make special for you...all of it!!" And he will combine exactly what you want.

In Florida there is a Greek restaurant in Tarpon Springs that the tourists don't often know about, called "The Golden Dock", and it is a divy kind of place right on the dock where the sponge fishing boats go out, and they serve the most wonderful Greek food and sing and play instruments and also treat you like family.

Okay - that does it...I'm going to make dinner now.
Old 04-17-2003, 05:27 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I hope Barbiedeb's next assignment is "what is your favourite exercise program?" LOL - My brain can take a break. I don't have any exercise program.
Old 04-18-2003, 02:41 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

OOOOH Restaurants!

I have many favorite places to eat... you might laugh but because of my work I eat out a lot. Restaurants are nice, but I really like to COOK a meal and eat at home with my sons or with friends. It's a treat for me.

(note: For those of you who don't travel much, business travel isn't all that glamorous after awhile.)

THANKS BD this is a great post. Can't wait to see what else is on the list of topics

HUGS
Osier59
Old 04-18-2003, 03:08 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Osier, not even one special place where you go "dish" with a friend, close to home or a place you went to on business that was so awesome it sticks in your mind? I don't think I could do the travel thing, I don't like the 1/2 hour drive to work

Okay, your list mission for today is:

My Three Favorite Jokes

From the directory: "Three jokes that make you laugh your head off. Write or stick them in your journal ASAP and try to memorize at least one to tell friends, classmates, colleagues, and, if they deserve them, family."

Now I love jokes and when I read them they make me giggle and laugh. I don't think I have any memorized but one I see and that comes to mind that always makes me giggle is this one...lol

<center>The Farmers Daughters

There was a farmer who had three teenage daughters. He was very protective of them. When a young suitor would come to pick one up he would meet them at the door with a shotgun to put the fear of God in them.

One Saturday night all three had dates. The first young boy knocked on the door and the farmer met him with the shotgun. The boy said "hello, my name is Freddy, I'm here for Betty, and we are going to go eat spaghetti." The farmer thought he was cool so Freddy and Betty were on there way.

The second young man showed up at the door, the farmer met him at the door; gun in hand. The boy said "my name is Joe...I am here for Flo...we are going to see a show." The farmer thought he was alright, so off went Joe and Flo.

The third boy showed up. The farmer answered the door, again toting the gun. The young boy said "hello, my name is Chuck"; the farmer shot him.</center>
Old 04-18-2003, 03:42 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

This is great, I am becoming addicted to this forum. There are so many treats in a day if you look for them. Today is a beautiful day where I am in the U.K. I do some work from home for a charity, and I am working at the moment, but keep getting distracted reading the messges.

I have a lovely view overlooking the canal and I am just sat here watching the swans and their ducklings and enjoying the beauty of nature.

Today can be a good day for me if I make it a good day. I have handed my day and my loved ones over to the care of god and that feels right. I intend to keep my nose out of other peoples buisness, not take anyone else's responsibilities, look after me! and have some fun.

Have a good day.

Love Julie.
Old 04-18-2003, 05:39 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

LOL!

A duck (what a coincidence) went into a store and asked the man behind the counter "Mister do you have any duck food?" The shopkeeper answered "No sir, no duck food. Don't have much call for it so I stopped stocking it" The duck waddled off.

The next day the duck returned and asked the shopkeeper "Mister, do you have any duck food?" The shopkeeper replied "As I explained to you you yesterday I don't have any duck food." The duck hung his head and left.

The next morning bright and early the shopkeeper looked up and there stood the duck. "Mister do you have any duck food? " Now by this time the old man was losing his patience. "NO I don't have any duck food, now be on your way!!" Once again the duck turned and left.

Lo and behold the duck reappeared the very next day and this time the shopkeeper grabbed a hammer and screamed "If you ask me for duck food I am going to nail your feet to the floor!!"
The duck waddled quickly away.

Thinking he was rid of this pesky duck the shopkeepr sighed the next morning when he looked up and there stood the duck. " Mister do you have any nails?" he said. The old man was puzzled but responded "No, no nails today" The duck, looking relieved said " Then do you have any duck food?"
Old 04-18-2003, 07:39 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

LOL - I never remember jokes, so will have to think about this one for a while. In the meantime I am killing myself laughing at these.
Old 04-18-2003, 02:17 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Oh JT, I love that duck joke......forgot all about that one.......check this out...similar...lol

http://www.care2.com/ecards/build/1/5431
Old 04-18-2003, 03:11 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

I embellished...

I have always loved that joke!