The Blue Day Directory

Old 04-24-2003, 07:17 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Oh my - which 10?

ALL of you. I know that's more than 10 but if we combined our number allotment maybe we could do it. .

MEL GIBSON - anytime any place.

Steve Martin - he makes me laugh.

Maureen O'Hara - just one great lady who I would love to spend time with.

Emeril - He could could me dinner.

Dr. Robert Schuller - The most positive spiritual minister I have ever listened to.

And I would use all of the time left, if I could ever meet Melody Beattie, the author of Codependent No More and Language of Letting Go and so many other great recovery books. I read her life story in "Playing It By Heart" and she is a walking miracle.
Old 04-25-2003, 03:14 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Good Morning

Looks like you are all doing great with your lists. There are about 8 more left in the book so we should have our own Blue Day Directory soon

You list mission for today (I need to time to think about this one) is:

Five Exotic Adventures I Would Like to Have

From the book:

"If you could go anywhere in the world, where would that be? Mountain climbing in Nepal, horseback riding on an empty Australian beach, skiing in the Swiss Alps, kayaking through Scandinavian fjords, scuba diving in the Red Sea? What are your top five exotic adventure holiday destinations, when would be the best time to go, and how much would it cost?"

I know I would like to go on a cruise to Alaska one day, not sure how much it would cost -- probably too much

Start listing
Old 04-25-2003, 05:35 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

EXOTIC adventures. That sounds wonderful!

-- hiking to a secluded waterfall on the island of Kuai, Hawaii

-- an Alaskan cruise . Maybe I'll see you, barbiedeb!

-- a photo safari (been on one at DisneyWorld but I dont think it qualifies )

-- skiing in the Dolomite Mountains in Italy

That's it for now. Makes it hard to go to work with all these fancy places in my head

HUGS to all
O59
Old 04-25-2003, 05:42 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Exotic?

I wonder what exactly qualifies as exotic.....

I've always wanted to go on a cruise around Hawaii, stopping off on all the Islands. I've been on cruises, and I've been to Hawaii 2 times, and I loved both, so can't think of a better adventure than to do both at once.

I'd like to go to Alaska, as I have a friend there I haven't seen in years. I'd go when it's warm, though!

I'd like to go on a trip with my sister again, just about anywhere, because we went on one together once, and it was so much fun.

I guess I'm just not adventurous enough! Can't think of another thing!

Lyn
Old 04-25-2003, 07:45 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Paused

A cruise that includes an African Safari.

Swimming with the dolphins in the ocean. (I have been lucky enough to do this twice, and it really changed me. It is so peaceful.)

Ever since I was a teenager I’ve wanted to go to Greece. I told my kids when they were little that we were going to go to Greece and run naked on the beach with flowers in our hair. Yes, they thought mom was pretty wired. But someday before I am to old I would love to do that.

LYN, My husband and I did a cruise around Hawaii to Tahiti last year. In June we are going around Hawaii to Vancouver. You should look into it. It cost less than flying to Hawaii and staying at a hotel.
:shades2:
Old 04-25-2003, 10:58 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

This one is really tough, I have been thinking about it all day. Guess it is hard for reasonable, responsible people to think exotic. I don't mean that any of you are not, but I seem to be cursed with some kind of crippling disease that forces me to plan, organize, check and re-check etc, etc. The only thing that comes to mind when I hear exotic are the strip clubs in Altanta with "exotic dancers"

The closest thing I could come up with is an extended stay in Jamaica! Went there several years ago and LOVED it. It is so beautiful and laid back. Yah mon!

Constant
Old 04-25-2003, 04:29 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I would go to Greece and Italy for about 6 months. I would live in the villages and get to know the locals and eat all their great food and bask by the Mediterranean. I love history so would take every tour available, and listen to their music and dance.

Oh, and I would take a gondola ride in Venice just because I have always thought that looked fun.
Old 04-25-2003, 04:48 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Exotic
Well let's see...
Hawaii would do it for me.
My husband went to Alaska last year (a dream vacation for him - fishing for a week). When he was planning that one I told him great - the next year (which is this year) I should go to Hawaii. Well, maybe next year (but definately some day!!!)
Nodoubt
Old 04-25-2003, 07:22 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Hey Friends

I am hanging around the house feeling a little blue so I thought I would add another list mission just for the heck of it. There aren't that many lists left so when we are done listing, I am hoping that you all can come up with some more lists for us do.

Okay you ready?

Ten Outrageous Things I wish I Had the Nerve to Do

From the book:

“If you could ever muster up the courage, what are ten crazy things you’ve always wanted to do before you get too old and crusty? Go skydiving, eat snails, swim naked at midnight, join a circus, wear leather pants to work, get a tattoo, drive a racing car, sing in public, kiss a gorgeous stranger? You must promise yourself to try at least one of these things ASAP.”

Oh this could be a fun list. Let me tell you that I have done the singing in public thing, sort of, you know that thing they call karaoke and I honestly wasn’t half bad if I do say so myself. I sang the country tune, “Boot Scootin Boogie while my friend did the little dance…..lol and I also sang a Patsy Cline tune but I really didn’t sound like her. It was pretty funny but fun!! Let’s see I’ve thought about getting a tattoo, my life has already been a circus at one time or another,I’d probably be sent home if I wore leather pants to work, and if the gorgeous stranger was Mel Gibson I would really lay one big smackaroo on him.

Start listing!!
Old 04-25-2003, 07:28 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

And then you'd bring Mel over to me, I hope!!!!

I would take a houseboat down the Mississippi. I picked a houseboat because I still want my bed and a few "homey" luxuries, and because I could pull it over anytime i wanted to stop and see a place.

I don't know why this came to mind right away when I read this, but that is something I would love to do.
Old 04-26-2003, 05:33 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Hi

Well, it looks like you guys are tired of listing or the lists are getting harding.

I think throughout the day today, I will post the rest of the lists so you can do them at your leisure and I hope you've enjoyed listing, just as much as I have.

Next list:

Five Books I'd Really Like to Read

"Five books you'd really love to sit down and read, or reread, if you could find the time. Promise yourself you will find the time to buy and start reading at least one of these wonderful books this week."

I think I'd like to re-read Gone with the Wind and some other classics. Can't think of any books that I have an urge to read that I haven't.

Have a great day!
Hugs,
Debbie
Old 04-26-2003, 05:50 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I am going to go out today and buy "The Courage to Change" by Dennis Wholey. I have "The Miracle of Change" which I bought years ago and still love, and have been intending to get the other one.

And if anyone can't think of one, "A Prayer For Owen Meany" by John Irvine is hilarious, moving, spiritual and just a really good read.
Old 04-26-2003, 06:06 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Well, I tried a ride a Six Flags that was as close to sky diving as I ever want to get......I almost past out. Aracnaphobia is the name of the ride and I won't do it again.

I wanted the tattoo and was going to get get one until I did a little reading and found out that hepititis C was a possibility if I got one. SOOOOO I got my belly button pierced instead....along with the top of my right ear. (at the dermatologists office) My husband said I was too old, but I said life was too short.

Something I want to muster up the courage for is singing in our Praise Band at Church. They have electric guitars, electric key boards, bongos, drums....ya get the idea. I always sang growing up....trio's and quartets, chorus and choir in front of lots of people, but I haven't been able to "make" myself do it yet.

White water rafting!!! I was going last summer, but it never worked out so I am going to try again this summer.

Racing dirt bikes would also be great! How about a female professional fisherman! (Not dressed in revealing clothes, but a REAL fisherman!)

Or I could alway learn to DRIVE the Harley instead of ride!!
Old 04-26-2003, 09:46 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Oh Constant, you sound so outdoorsy. I wish I liked the great outdoors. My hubby is always trying to get me to go fishing, maybe I will give it a shot. It could an item on one of those many lists

Okay, I am adding another one (thought I was kidding when I said I was going to add the rest through out the day?)

Ten Things I Would Like to Buy

"What are ten things you would like to own -- substantial things you could start saving up for and buy within one or two years? A new home, a new car, a big comfy sofa, some jewelry, an antique desk, some stunning orchids, a computer, a cell phone, a cat, a dog, a vacation, a stunning pair of new shoes, a part-time art school course? What do you want to buy with your money?"

Well, I am going to be in the market for a new computer soon, I have had this thing for over 5 years and it is so outdated, I would love to get another Yorkshire Terrier dog and probably when my baby (the car) runs out of its warranty this year, it will die and I will need to get a new one of those too!! Yikes, I had better start saving!!

Hugs,
Debbie
Old 04-26-2003, 03:13 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Another list......to do at your leisure

My Five Favorite Dream Weekends

"If you had a weekend completely free so that you cold go anywhere and do anything with anyone you wanted, where would you go? What would you do? Who would you take?"

Not sure what I would do. I think I would like a pampering kind of spa weekend......alone

Hugs,
Debbie
Old 04-26-2003, 06:40 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Okay, there are only 4 lists left so I think I will just add them all for you do to at your leisure and then I will post a recap

My Ten Favorite Animals

"Some are cute and cuddly, some are ferocious and terrifying, some are graceful, some are clumsy, some are kinda smelly, and sadly, many are very rare. What are your favorite animals in the whole world -- what ten species would you save before all others?"

Of course I love dogs, and bunnies and I will give it some more thought

My Ten Favorite CDs/Tapes

"What music do you love listening to, especially when you're feeling blue? Who are your favorite musicians, singers, and songwriters? If you could listen to only ten CDs for the rest of your life, what would they be?"

Lets see. I love Alan Jackson, Diana Krall, the soundtrack from Grease, Pasty Cline, the Beatles and oh so many more. I would have to give this some real thought if I can only pick ten.

My Ten Favorite Nights In

"If you could spend a quiet night at home relaxing, what are ten things you would love to do? Fill the bathroom with candles and have a long soak in the tub, hop into bed and watch some old movies or your favorite TV shows, read some new magazines, call friends and family, prepare a home-cooked meal, cuddle up with someone special, order in Chinese food?"

I have done a lot of these things and their suggestions all sound good!!!

Last list

My Ten Favorite Memories

What are the ten most beautiful things you have ever seen or experienced in your life? Of all the special things that you have done, the many wonderful moments you have enjoyed, what would you say are the memories you cherish the most?

Wow, I am not sure if I could only pick a few but the first thing that popped into my head was when my neice was living here and we were talking about Christmas and buying gifts and I tried to explain to her that people really wouldn't need her to buy them a gift that if she drew them a picture that they would love that more than anything. She responded to me that Christmas is all about love and we have plenty of that and gave me a big hug. She touched my heart so much at that moment that I knew no matter what she was going to be okay.

Okay, now that I have made myself cry with that memory (I miss her so much!!), that is the end of the lists!!

I will recap all the lists a little later

Many hugs,
Debbie
Old 04-27-2003, 04:39 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Okay, here is the recap of all the lists. I hope you enjoyed making your lists and if you kept them on paper, I hope you can go back and read them and maybe do some of them when you are having a blue kind of day.

Many hugs,
Debbie

Ten People Who Always Cheer Me Up

Ten Places I Love to Visit

My Ten Favorite Restaurants

My Three Favorite Jokes

My Ten Favorite Movies

My Seven Favorite Drinks

My Ten Favorite Snacks

Ten Things I Really Want to Do Before I Die

My Ten Favorite Little Luxuries

My Ten Favorite Places to Shop

Ten People I Would Like to Meet in Person

Five Exotic Adventures I Would Like to Have

Ten Outrageous Things I Wish I had the Nerve to Do

Five Books I'd Really Like to Read

Ten Things I Would Like to Buy

My Five Favorite Dream Weekends

My Ten Favorite Animals

My Ten Favorite CDs

My Ten Favorite Nights In

My Ten Favorite Memories
Old 04-27-2003, 05:14 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Wow, so overwhelming, I think I might have to work on these one at a time.

Ten things I would like buy.......A new van (mine is very old and doesn't have a lot of the "new" features) New bedroom suite for myself, then one for all three of my kids. A new wardrobe with all the accessories! If we are really dreaming....a new BRICK house. I love my house, perfect size, lake in the back just need brick siding, well a bigger garage wouldn't be bad either. Or a seperate garage for motorcycles and a NEW BOAT. I think I am getting carried away!!! OOOOOOOH I now a good one, a top of the line front loading washer and dryer!!!!! YEAH

OK, I will stop there, be back soon to reply to another one.
Constant
Old 04-27-2003, 05:21 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Hey Constant

Please don't feel overwhelmed. These lists are for you and to do when you want. I put them all out there for everyone to do at your leisure at your pace and only if you feel like

You think big when you are buying things!! I would love a new house. I really don't like my house but it came with the hubby......lol

Many hugs,
Debbie
Old 04-27-2003, 09:09 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

well... here goes....

Outrageous things: Go to my first al-anon meeting--just wish I could get away with it! Join the church choir. Join the art league. Start a specialty shop. Hmmm... better think on that some more.

Books: Pilgrims Progress, The last 3 books by Jeanette Oke I haven't had time to read, the Left Behind series.

Buy: A new (antique looking) Elmira Stove Works Refrigerator, Stove and Dishwasher (that's 3), A new antique looking couch and 2 more recliners (that's 6), 4 new Victorian area rugs--anyone got about $13,000.00?

Dream Weekends: Go down to NC to "Hoggatt House" a house that's in a museum that's belonged to my 7th great grandfather, I'd like to try a bed and breakfast, shopping all weekend, genealogy all weekend, someplace all by myself to read without interruption.

Animals: Dogs, Cats, Racoons, Horses, Fish, rabbits, (we've had these and like them) These are the bad ones we've had--skunk, turtles, salamanders, ducks, chickens, squirrels, opossom, weasel--don't like those--eww!

CD's-- Carpenters (I know, I'm weird!), Anne Murray, Spiritual--just about anything I can understand the words on, Roseanne Cash, Dolly Parton--these all sing in my range, so I can beller out right along with them!

Nights in--anytime with just me and the kids--we have so much fun! Videos, chips and dip, chocolate, burn candles, or play loud music and dance--as long as Squinty is gone--it's peaceful!

Favorite memories--the night I accepted Jesus as my Savior (July 15, 1976), The birth of each of my 5 children, my wedding day, my oldest daughter's wedding day, when my oldest daughter was Sophomore Homecoming attendant, when my 4th daughter was Sophomore Snowball attendant.

So sorry to see we're done! This was fun!

Lyn